Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-racing-36/)
-   -   FIC or ID (https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-racing-36/fic-id-3062398/)

2k.civic.si 06-06-2012 11:43 AM

FIC or ID

FIC or ID and why?

Turbogixxer 06-06-2012 11:54 AM

Re: FIC or ID

There is going to be a lot of drama in this thread. Both are very good injectors, price does play a factor in it. We deal with FIC because they are local and have the best customer service.

Bizarre 06-06-2012 01:11 PM

Injector Dynamics for me. Great and I mean great customer service and support! My brother and I were treated very well recently with a set of injectors we own. I'm in the market again for another set and because of the way I've been treated by the people over at I.D, I'm going to go with yet another set of their injectors.

01DC4 06-06-2012 01:18 PM

Injector Dynamic's! Is there really an injector on the market that compare's to them in anyway?

locash 06-06-2012 01:24 PM

ID, because they actually have the data to prove their dead time claims. I doubt you'll find many injector guys as knowledgeable as them, and they are real racers that compete in all forms of motorsports, not just sit behind a desk and "think" stuff will work.

2k.civic.si 06-06-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by locash (Post 47450860)
not just sit behind a desk and "think" stuff will work.

I am going to take a guess here and say that was aimed at FIC

SPOOLINmatt 06-06-2012 01:37 PM

lol.

Customer service with ID is exceptional as noted.

Turbogixxer 06-06-2012 01:38 PM

ID, because they actually have the data to prove their dead time claims. I doubt you'll find many injector guys as knowledgeable as them, and they are real racers that compete in all forms of motorsports, not just sit behind a desk and "think" stuff will work.

I kindly disagree. There is a companies that can find the correct dead times. I have found them out for injectors. ID does a good job of education, but saying you are on line as in testing with manufacturer of injectors like bosch is something that hard to say.

Quick question, have you been to two camps and seen how they get their data?

92redhatch 06-06-2012 01:46 PM

I am going to use fic because turbogixxer said so and they're less expensive. Lol. I think when it come to these injectors it's the same shit. And I'm sure Injector Dynamics can provide plenty of benefits of why they are better but it just sounds like a sales pitch. They are both great injectors.

B18c1 EG6 06-06-2012 01:48 PM

Anybody ever use Efi Wizard ?

2k.civic.si 06-06-2012 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by B18c1 EG6 (Post 47450945)
Anybody ever use Efi Wizard ?

yes....they suck. had nothing but problems with them....at high fuel pressures they choke badly or just stop working.

Boosted_01 R 06-06-2012 02:06 PM

IDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

extralargenog 06-06-2012 02:12 PM

FIC Bosch based sticks in my car are great, LOVE THEM.... perform just as good as the ****in IDs. at least from what Ive seen

Have another friend who had IDs in his car, went to FICs. HE likes them at least as much as the IDs too... Apples and oranges.

I dont see one significantly better than the other.

Youre going to get different answers from everyone, depending on which side of the nut sack theyre swinging on. Id run either. They're both fantastic.

But I am on the FIC nut.

The fact that Im getting away with what I am on the fuel setup I have speaks volumes. The injectors coupled with their core resilience (atomization is fantastic, and theyre matched very well) and resulting drivabilty of the car, .... Idle quality (And ability to resist lean pop at both idle and part throttle like the POS PTEs I had) Not to mention price point I got them at (Cant metion names, but Gixxer knows him....) Made it a no brainer for me.

I changed out the PTE junk when I saw my friends car idling at 15.xx:1 and not popping in 4" alum exhaust and with part throttle in the 16s . I had to have my POS at 12.9-13:1 to resist with the PRecision 100s, not to mention not being able to jack base up like the Bosch units...

I went FICs and they worked out ****ing fantastic.

v.i.gsr 06-06-2012 02:15 PM

FIC here, and I like them..

gringotegra 06-06-2012 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by extralargenog (Post 47451033)

Youre going to get different answers from everyone, depending on which side of the nut sack theyre swinging on. Id run either. They're both fantastic.

But I am on the FIC nut.

We use FIC here in all our cars, customer cars and Race car (run's 8.30's) and have not had any issues with either of them.

Have nothing to say against ID, they are fantastic injectors too.

a1320honda 06-06-2012 02:26 PM

I shelled out the money for the ID2200's. Reasons why...

Couldnt find nearly as much test data compared to FIC or bad data like the EFI wizard. I've tuned several cars that have been on ID1000's and the overall experience for them has been great. Most of the cars i have tuned, the injectors were bought from T1 so the one time I had a small issue I was able to call them and got me squared away with no hassle. Love the customer service and product. Excited for fire my Teg on the 2200's.

jdm inc 06-06-2012 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by 01DC4 (Post 47450838)
Injector Dynamic's! Is there really an injector on the market that compare's to them in anyway?

x2 been on id 1ks on q16 for about 3 season! switching to id 2ks soon!
ID injectors ftw!

will525 06-06-2012 02:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK2LGTPw2ls

Excellent video hope this helps

twkdCD595 06-06-2012 02:48 PM

Great post from Tony on the supraforums when injector comparison was talked about.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...=1#post8645086

I am an ID fan naturally... had the ID1000's and now stepping up to the ID2000's. They really do a nice job matching them on their rig and the included data sheet is a big advantage. Their performance is well documented in the real world in all kinds of applications.

The HorsePowerFreaks testing on the ID2000's is pretty informative too if you have not seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK2LGTPw2ls

ETA: Beat to the punch on the HP Freaks testing video.

jdm inc 06-06-2012 03:10 PM

id 1ks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SVedHdBAs&feature=plcp
id 2ks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvPAG...hannel&list=UL

93supercoupe 06-06-2012 03:34 PM

The lower fuel pressure testing on the IDs have me concerned.The spray pattern looks alot better at higher pressures.

FIxALPHA 06-06-2012 03:57 PM

Heard nothing but great things from both FIC and ID's.

I'm using FIC in my car and works flawlessly.

2k.civic.si 06-06-2012 05:18 PM

What kind of base pressures are you guys running on your fic or id's?

Hurrikain 06-06-2012 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Turbogixxer (Post 47450909)
I kindly disagree. There is a companies that can find the correct dead times. I have found them out for injectors. ID does a good job of education, but saying you are on line as in testing with manufacturer of injectors like bosch is something that hard to say.

Quick question, have you been to two camps and seen how they get their data?

Originally Posted by gringotegra (Post 47451068)
We use FIC here in all our cars, customer cars and Race car (run's 8.30's) and have not had any issues with either of them.

Have nothing to say against ID, they are fantastic injectors too.

I tested them back to back, EGT in all 4 cylinders, 3 different styles of computers, and guess what? The same. Just like Myles said we use FIC and do A LOT of testing for them. They have a racecar or 2 of their own but the majority of their testing is done by teams with real world application of product outside of their business.

Measuring deadtime isnt that difficuilt with the proper tools, latency matching is a matter of testing batches and then matching the sets up. I am not being negative to Tony or Paul as I have used ID2000s before as well in my own car. Jens will be the first to tell you that he is not a tuner but that doesnt mean he doesnt understand his product either. The Honda crowd by and large favors IDs it seems and the Mitsu crowd has been about FIC since they opened their doors. Matter of preference and pricing as has been mentioned.

extralargenog 06-06-2012 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hurrikain (Post 47451949)
I tested them back to back, EGT in all 4 cylinders, 3 different styles of computers, and guess what? The same. Just like Myles said we use FIC and do A LOT of testing for them. They have a racecar or 2 of their own but the majority of their testing is done by teams with real world application of product outside of their business.

Measuring deadtime isnt that difficuilt with the proper tools, latency matching is a matter of testing batches and then matching the sets up. I am not being negative to Tony or Paul as I have used ID2000s before as well in my own car. Jens will be the first to tell you that he is not a tuner but that doesnt mean he doesnt understand his product either. The Honda crowd by and large favors IDs it seems and the Mitsu crowd has been about FIC since they opened their doors. Matter of preference and pricing as has been mentioned.

Asolutely agree

I run a 60 pound base and 35 PSI on kill