Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Englishtown Raceway Park - Sign the petition ( No More DRAG Racing )

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Englishtown Raceway Park - Sign the petition ( No More DRAG Racing )

Come on people sign this, This is crazy. I grew up racing at raceway park my son loves going there
and I have made so many friends over the years.. I didn't make this but id love to help not sure if
it will make much of a difference but it cannot hurt.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/143/...t-racewaypark/

I am saddened by this news today, Something fishy is going on the events are still posted and it happened out of the blue.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:13 AM
W95 gives me a hard-on

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Englishtown Raceway Park - Sign the petition ( No More DRAG Racing )

With the amount of new house development thats being built around the area, I will say this is a lost cause. Its sad but $$ talks. NJ is turning into fascist California.

Last edited by foumer; 01-23-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Englishtown Raceway Park - Sign the petition ( No More DRAG Racing )

Doubt that a petition isn't going to do much bro!
Old 01-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im guessing he is tired of having to get sued constantly for noise complaints

but it sounds like these events arent making money anymore.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by foumer
With the amount of new house development thats being built around the area, I will say this is a lost cause. Its sad but $$ talks. NJ is turning into fascist California.
He's right. Land around almost any kind of venue like that is gonna be cheap and these hamsters will buy it up, pack in together and then start complaining about the noise. I've always wondered what peoples obsession is with living 10 feet from your neighbor and then complaining about noise from, oh let's say a racetrack that was there probably before most of those whiny turds were even born. I LOVE living out in the country. My closest neighbor is about 1/2 mile from me and it is GREAT!!!

But sadly, like it has been said above, $$$ talks. Land developers will see an opportunity to buy some land really cheap, build a bunch of cookie cutter houses on it and pass it off as a "family friendly" neighborhood and the sheeples will flock to it like ants to a sugar cube. And that's exactly what it sounds like has happened there.

I'm sure at first, the track owners just absorbed the cost of the lawsuits and moved on with events. But after a while, more and more complaints and lawsuits poured in and it got to be too much to absorb.
Either way, it is very sad to see a long standing track go down like that. The even scarier part is that this could only be the beginning and then what?
Old 01-24-2018, 09:38 AM
W95 gives me a hard-on

There might be a slight rise of street racing after this.