Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!!

I thought I would share with you guys some of my good news, I want to tell everyone, since to me it's a big deal. Anyways, last October, in Pomona at the NHRA Sport Compact Finals, I met Joey, a rep from Tokico, he said that him and his daughter saw me racing (at that time I only had NOS, I/H/E) and wanted to talk to me more. He said that they were looking for a girl racer from california, that is starting at kinda the ground floor. He told me to write out a proposal, talk to the marketing manager, and see about a sponsorship, anyways, lots of time goes by and I am thinking that I didnt get approved. Well Joey calls me and asks if I'm going to be at SEMA, I said I was. So on saturday I go up to the booth and see Joey, he tells me that he has good news for me, that I was approved for the sponsorship, he said that there were many proposals summited and only a few were selected, including me!!!!! So guys I am sponsored, I am getting the full suspension, also a helmet, a racing seat, and he says that if I show consistency (going to the races I said I would) then more things will be negotiated into the deal!!!
I thought I would share this with you guys, since we all love the same thing RACING, and now that I have a little help, things will be just a tiny little bit better.
Thanks for reading my story !!!!!!!!!

-Leila
edit:for spelling....

Modified by fmaxturbochic at 6:32 AM 4/29/2003
Old 04-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (fmaxturbochic)

kool
Old 04-28-2003, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (Suprdave)

editops computer went weird..........Thanks

Modified by fmaxturbochic at 6:28 AM 4/29/2003
Old 04-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (fmaxturbochic)

*smooch*

Old 04-28-2003, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (Suprdave)

awesome...glad to hear!
Old 04-29-2003, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (ninesecrx)

yea thats umm . . . . cool . . . you get a sponsorship for have I/H/E and nitrous . . . .yea ummm . . . . congrads.

*goes back to building my full hot rod class car outa my budget*

maybe i should become a chick.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (kamira)

dude...being a girl really does have its advantages. But non the less...she must have presented her self well and did send in a proposal. I always had the thought of getting a super hot chick, promote her as the driver of my car and having us make the switch in the trailor so id drive. It would be a gold mine I think.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (ninesecrx)

Man, that's like bringing a hot girl to a sausage fest...she's gonna get the good beer.

We are at a huge sausage fest (Racing) and the chick came and is drinking rolling rocks while I'm tappin a keg of Old Milwaukee...

You Gold Mine idea is great bro...but I think it's funny you wouldn't let the girl drive your car Smart man...heh
Old 04-29-2003, 12:21 AM

Oh i completley understand the marketing standpoint of it. ITS GENIUS. I bet this girl is smoking hot too. They are probally like man all guys will droll over her racing, even if she loses people will be rooting for her and watching the car. AND IF IT HAS TOKICO logos on the car thats a greatttttttt marketing idea. Supose she goes to 4 races. Magazines , and crowds will be all over it because shes one of the few girls acctually out there drag racing. SO saying all that i understand, ITS SMART. I just am bitter. AND IM VERY VERY DRUNK, MY BUDDY FROM MEXICO BROUGHT ME BACK SOME MEXICAN TEQUILLA SO IM

But anyways whats up girl, whats your name, Lets get a picture, lol goto do allitle pimping after the insults.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You have the hair for it mike ... And to the girl from hemet.. Away with you

*goes back to building my daily driver from my unemployed budget*

chris
Old 04-29-2003, 02:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (Pr1ck of H-T)

shouldn't there be a prerequisite that you need to be able to spell sponsorship (or at least be able to click on the spell check icon)before you can receive one?
Old 04-29-2003, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (hanson said)

thats very good news congradulations keep up the good work !!!
Old 04-29-2003, 04:52 AM
New User

Congratulations. That's alot of free parts.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations! Now hook me up This sport ain't cheap , but it sure is fun and rewarding.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fmaxturbochic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> approved for the sponsership I am sponsered, I am getting the full suspension, also a helmet, a racing seat</TD></TR></TABLE>

very cool, good luck and congrats ... that is a big deal !!!

Greg
Old 04-29-2003, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (SEFI8LOxCivic)

thats awsome i wish i could get sponsered. good luck i hope to see you on tv one of these days
Old 04-29-2003, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (kamira)

Thank you everyone for your comments. I love racing and have loved it for many years. I am so very thankful that I was givin this rare opportunity.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kamira &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea thats umm . . . . cool . . . you get a sponsorship for have I/H/E and nitrous . . . .yea ummm . . . . congrads.

*goes back to building my full hot rod class car outa my budget*

maybe i should become a chick.</TD></TR></TABLE>
well i got noticed with that setup, i didnt get sponsored with that, i now have the turbo setup, thats what helped me, i dont think i would have gotten approved if i didnt have the turbo.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:03 AM

congrats on the sponsorship deal!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:13 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (onesikvtec)

That is bad ***!! Way to go girl!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:13 AM

it is true that women have an advantage over men when it comes to getting noticed in racing. but its is cool, because now i get her old coil-overs. we are very proud of Leila. good job turbochic. dualpurpose is behind you 100%
they didn't have an amaretto sour, so i got you a

Modified by orange.honda at 12:35 PM 4/29/2003
Old 04-29-2003, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (orange.honda)

nice Leila...

stan
Old 04-29-2003, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Don't know if anyone cares, just thought I would share some good news!!! (orange.honda)