Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's??

Well, with the rule changes made that continue to help certain teams perform better, I have come to the realization that someone will run 6's in this class before the season is out. The question is: who will be first????
Old 06-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (boost_dependent)

You can probably take about 7 of those people off that list. lol
Old 06-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (tony1)

I realize that, Tony, but it wouldn't be much of a poll with just TWO names on it! I WANT certain people to see how many votes some racers get, not that it's going to change anything.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (boost_dependent)

LOL u can definatly take topletz off there......

but if u have a best flip contest i think he wins
Old 06-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luis's new car gets my vote! only if I wire/tune it...
Old 06-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (AR Fab)

is ken scheeper's car even ready?????

justin will be the first???? he might as well get ready to step up to PRO RWD!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (f@sth@tch89)

Has Vinnie Ten been out this year? i havent seen him yet, but i could be wrong... If he hasnt been racing this year, does anyone know why?

Mike...

Old 06-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (Group Tenacity)

I say Justin because he is running a head I did for him 3 years ago...the new one is going to be nasty!! It's seriously about 30-35 cfm better, that should be good for at least half the tenth and a half he's away from running a six. And with the george Iounnou tune that bitch is going to fly!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (AR Fab)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AR Fab &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Luis's new car gets my vote! only if I wire/tune it... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn Howard, you must be damn good! lol
Old 06-27-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (Group Tenacity)

Vinney Ten is now the crew chief/ engine builder for the performance motorsport 250z team!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AR Fab &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Luis's new car gets my vote! only if I wire/tune it... </TD></TR></TABLE>

can i get a hand clap on that 1.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am honored to get that one vote!!!

But on the other hand, I am laughing my *** of that my name is even on that list

Hey Dave, im running one of your heads too!!! Does that mean I will go into the 6's

Howard your one bad (shut your mouth)!!!

Kens car is ready. I hear they are working on some tune up issues but they will be a contender when its all said and done.

If Vinnie was out, he would get my vote.

I also heard Topletz car is ready as well. If he only had one of our engines in there. He would get my vote

This one is hard to choose. Both Justin and Paul are makeing enough power to run into the 6 second zone. I think the determining factor is going to be clutch and chassis setup.

Who knows, we might be lucky enough to see a side by side 6 second pass!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (BoogieDownBrown)

maybe this poll should be about how would everyone feel about seperating the 4cylinder and 2rotor Rwd cars from the 6cylinder Rwd cars. considering there are alot of 6 cyl. out now and we still haven't had a debut from the 350z in modified/outlaw.
And there are a few new 4cylinder cars that are gonna be popping up soon such as Lisa Kubos Cobalt and a couple of other 4cylinder cars as well that i know of.

I think it would be a full feild(or at least close) to one if it were broken down in this format. I think it will bring all the little guys back to the races that used to show up 4 years ago.At least there will be no intimidation factor.Also i would throw full tube chassis cars in the mix seeings how there is 1(soon to be 2) in OUTLAW anyways.
And they can adjust the weight accordingly like they have in the past with the tube chassis cars vs. the "back halved" cars.

just my 2 pennies......sorry to jack your thread bro...lol
Old 06-27-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (BoogieDownBrown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoogieDownBrown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At least there will be no intimidation factor.</TD></TR></TABLE>No intimidation factor??? What would be the point in that? Guys like Humphries work hard on being the best in his class. How about this, instead of penalizing guys like him and Efantis, why don't these other racers who are " Intimidated" by them step up their program??? Instead of trying to run their 70's Starlet, with there 70's 3TC, ( or whenever that motor was built), with their home built back half car that is terrifying to watch go down the track, why not step into the 21st century, have a Professionally built car, and an engine program that comes from within the last decade??? Everytime someone like Efantis or Humphries steps up and starts to run well, people start bringing out the "Let's seperate 4 cyl., Rotary's, and 6 cyl." band wagon. Do you honestly think if you were to do that, that all of a sudden there would be a full 16 car field in 4 cyl and Rotary? Then you would only have Efantis and Humphries in the other??
Old 06-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (Paradise Racing)

topletz is ready to go pop motors before the 60 foot after bob norwood tunes it ...he's not nearly ready to go to a event .. if he does they need to make him run by him self because he is risking the life of other drivers ...
Old 06-27-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (NFJohn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NFJohn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No intimidation factor??? What would be the point in that? Guys like Humphries work hard on being the best in his class. How about this, instead of penalizing guys like him and Efantis, why don't these other racers who are " Intimidated" by them step up their program??? Instead of trying to run their 70's Starlet, with there 70's 3TC, ( or whenever that motor was built), with their home built back half car that is terrifying to watch go down the track, why not step into the 21st century, have a Professionally built car, and an engine program that comes from within the last decade??? Everytime someone like Efantis or Humphries steps up and starts to run well, people start bringing out the "Let's seperate 4 cyl., Rotary's, and 6 cyl." band wagon. Do you honestly think if you were to do that, that all of a sudden there would be a full 16 car field in 4 cyl and Rotary? Then you would only have Efantis and Humphries in the other?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i cant agree with this, and i also believe they should be separated. it takes ALOT more 21st century professionalism and engine program to make the same power with a 4 cyl or rotary than with the 6 cyl.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (runsnines)

Norwood, not that any of the people who have been screwed by that guy would do it, but I wonder if anyone of them is considering legal action against him. I heard rumor he is thinking of sueing a few of them for slander.. If it is true that someone is a jack off, how can it be slander, or defimation of character?? Plus in order for it to be defimation of character, don't you have to have character in the first place. When I met that guy at Sema, three years ago, I could tell he was a jack off looking to fucy Chris. The parts he was showing me that they were going to be using, were so half assed and over priced, I knew it was a scam. Hell, I offered to make nicer parts for half the price, and I would still be making twice what I normally charge. Sorry to ramble, but the guy above mentioned his name, and I just had to pipe up. Taking advantage of one of the nicest guys in this sport is something he will surely go to hell for.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:19 PM

Look at NHRA Pro Stock. The Chevys dominate. Fords can't win a round to save there butts. Should Powerade give Ford Drivers their own class? Ha. Its not hard. Step up, or step out. Brent came out the first race of the year in Phoenix. What did he run? 7.31. Richmond? 7.3? If he can do it. Then there is no reason why other 4 cylinders can't. Remember also. the 6cyl cars have to weigh 2800lbs. 4 cylinder cars have to weigh what? 2000?2100? Let the 4 cylinders run whatever the want. Big turbos, big motors. Or better yet, build a big motor, a 6 cylinder. Just my 2 cents. This is 2005. Hot Rod cars run high 7's in front wheel drive cars. Yes, with 4 cylinders. Also, look at the ATCO race. Hmm, there where a few rotaries flying there. 7.60's consistent. Come on people, quit whining and go work on your cars. Also, supposedly NHRA is thinking about making Modified a 4 cylinder and Rotary class only. How dumb can these people be. This is why Import racing sucks. Stop changing the rules every week. If the rules where set in stone. Then everyone would have to work harder.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's?? (NFJohn)

Well.....Not everyone has the money to step up the program and some people do try hard to work with what they have.

just face it a 4cylinder isn't gonna run those type of #'s in this class with a full bodied car.Look at Brent Rau. His car has the best of everything and isn't gonna be able to run those #'s on a consistant level with out breaking stuff which he is doing now. The only 4 cylinder that i can recall that ever ran that type of # was John Lingenfelter in the Cavalier and that car weighed 1900#'s and carbon fiber.

and it is also obvious that penalizing Justin and Paul helps them in the long run.cause those cars are now flying more after the rule changes that were meant to limit them.BY ALL MEANS....please don't take it as me hating on them. i know that both teams work hard.

and why rag on the "3tc motors.??? its not the motor we are running but you are making statements about stepping into the 21st century andi thought this sport was about be different and "innovative"(at least thats what you guys call it when someone like RADO does it)And in all honesty our motor is newer than the 2 Jz powerplant so why should we or anyone else run what everyoneelse is running???

alot of the guys that run the older 3tc or rotary motor are actually running pretty fast in other parts of world and is very impressive.
I just felt that it would be more interesting to see a 4cylinder class and a 6 cylinder class. Just like 4cylinder fwd car don't run with rwd 6cylinder cars. Just like we have class seperation for everything else.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NFJohn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Norwood, not that any of the people who have been screwed by that guy would do it, but I wonder if anyone of them is considering legal action against him. I heard rumor he is thinking of sueing a few of them for slander.. If it is true that someone is a jack off, how can it be slander, or defimation of character?? Plus in order for it to be defimation of character, don't you have to have character in the first place. When I met that guy at Sema, three years ago, I could tell he was a jack off looking to fucy Chris. The parts he was showing me that they were going to be using, were so half assed and over priced, I knew it was a scam. Hell, I offered to make nicer parts for half the price, and I would still be making twice what I normally charge. Sorry to ramble, but the guy above mentioned his name, and I just had to pipe up. Taking advantage of one of the nicest guys in this sport is something he will surely go to hell for. </TD></TR></TABLE>

with part of this i can agree, with the other part i cant cuz i dont know anything about it. but anyone that takes advantage of chris is fucked up in my eyes. cuz that dude even if he doesnt know u, and he sees u at the track checkin out his car or whatever, and ur just a no body kid looking at cool cars he'll jump out of his seat to come chat wit u about the car or whatever. cool dude indeed, and with all that money if he kneew what to do he would have done it him self, but i guess he didnt otherwise why did he take it there..... so if they did take advantage of him cuz he a rich dude dying 2 b d fastest in a fwd import, then thats fucked up 4 sure.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hondaworld)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondaworld &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Look at NHRA Pro Stock. The Chevys dominate. Fords can't win a round to save there butts. Should Powerade give Ford Drivers their own class? Ha. Its not hard. Step up, or step out. Brent came out the first race of the year in Phoenix. What did he run? 7.31. Richmond? 7.3? If he can do it. Then there is no reason why other 4 cylinders can't. Remember also. the 6cyl cars have to weigh 2800lbs. 4 cylinder cars have to weigh what? 2000?2100? Let the 4 cylinders run whatever the want. Big turbos, big motors. Or better yet, build a big motor, a 6 cylinder. Just my 2 cents. This is 2005. Hot Rod cars run high 7's in front wheel drive cars. Yes, with 4 cylinders. Also, look at the ATCO race. Hmm, there where a few rotaries flying there. 7.60's consistent. Come on people, quit whining and go work on your cars. Also, supposedly NHRA is thinking about making Modified a 4 cylinder and Rotary class only. How dumb can these people be. This is why Import racing sucks. Stop changing the rules every week. If the rules where set in stone. Then everyone would have to work harder. </TD></TR></TABLE>

7.30's is a long ways away from 7.16. and yeah lets look at the atco race....those cars ran 7.50-.60. still ain't a 7.16 so i fail to see your logic. thats why i was suggesting to split the class because of the closeness in times that the 4cylinders and rotaries run together. And i'm still failing to understand why people should have to step up to a 6cylinder. maybe the hondas should step up to a 6 to keep up with Gm.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondaworld &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Look at NHRA Pro Stock. The Chevys dominate. Fords can't win a round to save there butts. Should Powerade give Ford Drivers their own class? Ha. Its not hard. Step up, or step out. Brent came out the first race of the year in Phoenix. What did he run? 7.31. Richmond? 7.3? If he can do it. Then there is no reason why other 4 cylinders can't. Remember also. the 6cyl cars have to weigh 2800lbs. 4 cylinder cars have to weigh what? 2000?2100? Let the 4 cylinders run whatever the want. Big turbos, big motors. Or better yet, build a big motor, a 6 cylinder. Just my 2 cents. This is 2005. Hot Rod cars run high 7's in front wheel drive cars. Yes, with 4 cylinders. Also, look at the ATCO race. Hmm, there where a few rotaries flying there. 7.60's consistent. Come on people, quit whining and go work on your cars. Also, supposedly NHRA is thinking about making Modified a 4 cylinder and Rotary class only. How dumb can these people be. This is why Import racing sucks. Stop changing the rules every week. If the rules where set in stone. Then everyone would have to work harder. </TD></TR></TABLE>

brent cant run those times as consistant as the 6 cyl's can and you cannot say that it will be just a walk in the park for him to go any faster than that, which the 6 cyl's are basically 2.5 tenths' faster than him. then you say for the 4 cyl and rotary guys to just "better yet" build a 6 cyl? so then you do agree that they cant hang with the 6 cyl's? and if nhra wants to separate them then its because they are actually thinking.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoogieDownBrown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well.....Not everyone has the money to step up the program and some people do try hard to work with what they have.

just face it a 4cylinder isn't gonna run those type of #'s in this class with a full bodied car.Look at Brent Rau. His car has the best of everything and isn't gonna be able to run those #'s on a consistant level with out breaking stuff which he is doing now. The only 4 cylinder that i can recall that ever ran that type of # was John Lingenfelter in the Cavalier and that car weighed 1900#'s and carbon fiber.

and it is also obvious that penalizing Justin and Paul helps them in the long run.cause those cars are now flying more after the rule changes that were meant to limit them.BY ALL MEANS....please don't take it as me hating on them. i know that both teams work hard.

and why rag on the "3tc motors.??? its not the motor we are running but you are making statements about stepping into the 21st century andi thought this sport was about be different and "innovative"(at least thats what you guys call it when someone like RADO does it)And in all honesty our motor is newer than the 2 Jz powerplant so why should we or anyone else run what everyoneelse is running???

alot of the guys that run the older 3tc or rotary motor are actually running pretty fast in other parts of world and is very impressive.
I just felt that it would be more interesting to see a 4cylinder class and a 6 cylinder class. Just like 4cylinder fwd car don't run with rwd 6cylinder cars. Just like we have class seperation for everything else.</TD></TR></TABLE>

EXACTLY
Old 06-27-2005, 07:39 PM

As far as Honda's stepping up to 6 cylinders to keep up with GM. Don't worry. You are going to see a Honda very soon, that will definetly keep up with GM. Very very soon.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:42 PM

The sanctioning bodies, definetly need to look at all of their payouts also. For every class. People don't understand how expensive Import racing is. Then Maybe there would be full classes. You can win a race in any class, and most likely you had to spend at least what you won, just to race the event.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondaworld &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The sanctioning bodies, definetly need to look at all of their payouts also. For every class. People don't understand how expensive Import racing is. Then Maybe there would be full classes. You can win a race in any class, and most likely you had to spend at least what you won, just to race the event.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with you there but i think this thread is getting off topic.

Quick Reply: Who will be the first Modified/Pro Outlaw RWD into the 6's??