Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Ccc Racing Banned From Ogs1320 Events

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ccc Racing Banned From Ogs1320 Events

PRESS RELEASE:*

The CCC Racing Family WILL NOT be allowed to defend their 2014 HONDA DAY ATCO win this year due to a phone call from OGSTech banning the CCC Racing Team from their events. The reason is still unclear as to why the CCC Racing team cannot attend the events in 2015 managed by “Javier Ortega” The only reason we have received thus far was from a brief phone call stating “we at OGS1320 run the events and it’s our decision on what we do. At this time CCC Racing is not allowed to run Honda Day events or any OGS1320 events.”*
We have been supporting these events for over 10+ years (spring nationals, Summer Slam, Fall Nationals and Honda Day events) with our cars and customers cars. It comes to a surprise to us to get this phone call with no intentions of why. We recently sent OGS1320 an email and they said they would get back to us in 3 weeks with a letter.*
To our fans and sponsors we will keep you updated about the situation as we get more information but as of right now we are not planning to run these events. There are still plenty of events scheduled for the team that support us like GRS Orlando SFWD Shootout, Import Face Off, MIR irev, MIR World Cup and Latin American Sports Compact events. We will run these events and have a full schedule out soon.*
Old 01-23-2015, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts
Default Re: Ccc Racing Band From Ogs1320 Events

Wow, maybe the best way to get rid of a fast car is to ban them?
Old 01-23-2015, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow. the only way I can see that being acceptable is if they were caught cheating/breaking the rules, otherwise that's not right.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Project_EK
Wow. the only way I can see that being acceptable is if they were caught cheating/breaking the rules, otherwise that's not right.
I agree, but if that were the case you would figure that would have been easy for them to say. Like, "hey you cannot race because we caught you cheating" or something.

I guess we will have to see what the deal is.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea really unsure what they did here. Maybe they were cheating and OGS found out but would rather keep it on the DL. Instead of releasing what they found out rather have CCC tell their side of the story. Just my 2cents/OP. But really sucks to see this
Old 01-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol, love how drag racing folk are about calling anything and everything on a forum a press release, but can't proof read a thread title.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RootBur
Lol, love how drag racing folk are about calling anything and everything on a forum a press release, but can't proof read a thread title.
Haha i always see the same ****. There, Their, And They're and then other stuff in official press releases from all kinds of race teams.

I would think if CCC was caught cheating, they wouldn't be publicly defending their Banning as openly.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SPOOLINmatt
Haha i always see the same ****. There, Their, And They're and then other stuff in official press releases from all kinds of race teams.

I would think if CCC was caught cheating, they wouldn't be publicly defending their Banning as openly.
Didn't they have a turbo measured at World cup in the fall and it wasn't to spec, I remember hearing people in the pits talking about it.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PSI GUY
Didn't they have a turbo measured at World cup in the fall and it wasn't to spec, I remember hearing people in the pits talking about it.
if that were the case, They wouldn't have let him continue the rest of the event most likely
Old 01-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PSI GUY
World Cup is not ogs. And if so they would have been dq'ed not go on to win the event.

Javier hates ftw fuel

Ftw fuel sponsored new grs sfwd series

Ccc car is on the flyers

Ccc car has ftw fuel banner

Ccc car is banned from ogs.

Doesn't seem too far fetched to me.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's plausible but only valid if VP or Sunoco or a competing fuel brand is now a major sponsor. But to pull that kind of **** in the sportsman ranks is just straghit DIRTY. It's not unheard of in professional ranks. When FULL THROTTLE took over the NHRA series, Kenny Bernstein had to give up Monster as a team sponsor. but that's in the PROFESSIONAL ranks.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

David hsu and javier

Skunk2 engineers calling out all the other big names.

Skunk2 and ftw sponsored car winning the flagship class

Plus they ran over the mph of their cage cert and we're supposedly paid off not to talk after another team did the same thing without consequence.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems a bit premature for a "press release". When you don't have all the facts to release.

Release the story when you can lay out the "why" and "how".
Old 01-25-2015, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's all Miller's fault!!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems to me that is very unprofessional, unless if there is a good reason behind it.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cheating on what??
Old 01-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ccc Racing Banned From Ogs1320 Events

You guys are making a lot of assumptions. There are a lot of other teams using and sponsored by FTW that are still going to race, so I'd take that reason off your list of speculations.

I have no opinion and no knowledge of any reasoning...just pointing out that above.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, but they aren't title sponsored like the CCC car. you are right, its all assumptions, but what else is there to do but guess. (yes, not guess....but thats no fun.)
Old 01-26-2015, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 4piston
You guys are making a lot of assumptions. There are a lot of other teams using and sponsored by FTW that are still going to race, so I'd take that reason off your list of speculations.

I have no opinion and no knowledge of any reasoning...just pointing out that above.
OGS did mandate a weight penalty for racers using FTW last season so there is definitely some validity to it.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by itsukivr6
They added a weight penalty because it was a performance advantage in all motor, just like any sanctioning body does when a certain setup is out performing others to keep the racing close and in sport fwd there was always a 50lb penalty for any ethanol so SFWD wasn't even affected.
The 50 lbs for ethanol started because of ftw purple. They made rule a blanket so they didn't just make a rule against ftw. It screwed people from using cheap ethanol.

Then they came out with gas based red and they just said screw it that's 50 lbs too. Hilarious really. And it was like 1-2 days before an event if I'm not mistaken. After it had been allowed at the previous race with no 50 lb penalty.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 4piston

How many of them are title sponsored and used to advertise a competinng race series sponsored by ftw.

Keep in mind we are talking about a guy who unfriended or blocked people that went to race at Drag Mania events and helped advertise. Doesn't seem too far fetched. But of course we are just speculating.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by itsukivr6
In all motor FTW is a performance advantage gas / ethanol doesn't matter and no one will deny that. That is why their is a 50lb weight penalty, now 95% of the people run FTW so taking away the 50lbs doesn't really do anything it just makes every car in the class quicker, which in turn can scare away new comers.

In SFWD Ethanol is an advantage "Cheap" C85 seams to be going just as quick in Ramey's car, so it's not screwing any one nor is it hindering people who choose to use "cheap" ethanol. Again it is a performance advantage over gas.

(I have no opinion on the banning of CCC, nor is it of any of my concern when the official reason comes out the internet can keep gossiping, these are just MY OPINIONS on fuel rules)
people used to run cheaper e85 fuels that made less than or close to q16. that rule directly impacted these fuels. c85 didnt exist. the rule was a blanket to avoid looking bad making a penalty for one brand of fuel. hence why wcf didnt adhere to the rule when they just added ftw red in there when the rule states "50 lbs for ethanol"
Old 02-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

waiting for a response

Last edited by kingofbattle909; 02-03-2015 at 12:46 AM. Reason: ninjah
Old 02-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bet Pepe Loco knows how that feels...
Old 02-04-2015, 11:58 AM