Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Is anyone planning on competing in the SR-1 Team Drag Challenge at IDRC on Sept 24 at Maple Grove?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone planning on competing in the SR-1 Team Drag Challenge at IDRC on Sept 24 at Maple Grove?

Do you and your friends have the quickest and fastest rides in town? Come find out by competing in the SR-1 Team Drag Challenge. Face head to head team battles against other local teams in competition for the title "Fastest Crew."

According to Technical Director Jerry Hsien, "Traditional bracket racers and street racers have not been in the spotlight, although some of these racers deserve the credit for their skills and tuning ability. The SR-1 Team Drag Challenge allows the top street-racing teams 'to go legit' and get the cash and coverage that they deserve."

$1000 TO THE WINNING TEAM

The SR-1 Team Drag Challenge is a points based competition culminating in a head-to-head team battle for the title. The total payout is $1000 which is divided equally among the four (4) car team. Each person will receive a plaque and the entire team receives one (1) large trophy.

TEAM-VERSUS-TEAM CHALLENGE

Teams will be randomly paired to compete against each other. If time permits, each team will have an opportunity to race each of the other teams. Each individual race won by your team counts as one (1) point.

At the end of the playoff round, the two (2) teams with the most points will face each other in a final competition. If the two (2) teams tie by each gathering two (2) wins, then the two (2) fastest cars will face each other in a final conflict where the winning team takes all.

MANDATORY PRE-REGISTRATION OF FOUR TEAMS

All teams must pre-register online for competition. The SR-1 Team Drag Challenge is scheduled for each event on the 2003 IDRC calendar. A minimum of four teams must be pre-registered and present at the race for the Challenge to take place. For more information regarding the SR-1 Team Drag Challenge, please call (714) 593-0280 or send an email.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is anyone planning on competing in the SR-1 Team Drag Challenge at IDRC on Sept 24 at Maple Grov

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The SR-1 Team Drag Challenge is scheduled for each event on the 2003 IDRC calendar.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didnt think they did this anymore. I didnt even think IDRC was still around. lol.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is anyone planning on competing in the SR-1 Team Drag Challenge at IDRC on Sept 24 at Maple Grov

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I didnt think they did this anymore. I didnt even think IDRC was still around. lol. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well considering the IRDC event was rescheduled to Sept 24 at Maple Grove I would stay they are still around. I saw it said 2003 but I figured they just did not update the website.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was joking about the IDRC part.
They are weak though. The event is gonna suck. but I feel bad if I miss something 5 minutes away.
But yea they havent updated that site in years
Old 09-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had fun last year. I got over 15 runs in and my cousin got over 20. He just went around and around. So you can't beat that.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea in that case its cool. But if you want to see some real cars race, it aint happening there. And likely not full payouts becuase of the low turnout.
Ill be there running thouh. I need some track time on my new set up
Old 09-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea in that case its cool. But if you want to see some real cars race, it aint happening there. And likely not full payouts becuase of the low turnout.
Ill be there running thouh. I need some track time on my new set up</TD></TR></TABLE>

Saw some real cars race at nopi this past weekend. I am ready to watch the fake ones
Old 09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahahahaha
its good for the runs though. If I can get a bunch of runs in Ill be happy. I need to figure out launching RWD.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heard back from Jerry

The SR-1 Team Drag Challenge is heads up racing.

The way its setup is each team has four cars and will order their cars from fastest to slowest. After establishing each teams line up we will randomly pair each team against each other.

Last two teams with the most wins will face off at the end to see who collects the money.

This competition usually doesnt happen because we never get 4 teams to pre-register.

Its a pretty cool competition when it happends but we are always short a team or two.

If you guys have any other questions post them up here and i will try to check back and answer them. Or you can email me direct jerry@importdrag.com

So who is in?
Old 09-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It used to hit off big at Etown back in the days.
Team Alpha rocked it like all the time though.

Not too many people were too into it in the last few years. I tried getting teams together a few times. But no one would commit to it
Old 09-08-2005, 01:47 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heard back from Jerry

The SR-1 Team Drag Challenge is heads up racing.

The way its setup is each team has four cars and will order their cars from fastest to slowest. After establishing each teams line up we will randomly pair each team against each other.

Last two teams with the most wins will face off at the end to see who collects the money.

This competition usually doesnt happen because we never get 4 teams to pre-register.

Its a pretty cool competition when it happends but we are always short a team or two.

If you guys have any other questions post them up here and i will try to check back and answer them. Or you can email me direct jerry@importdrag.com

So who is in?</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds good... we are good to go for NOv 12&13 in palmdale california.

question though... are the cars in the team challenge able to compete still
in their normal class?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

from what I remember of the class yes.
They usually did this later in the day
Old 09-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HOLLAAAA, maybe my first real event this season where **** isn't breaking on me!
Hey chad u gotta weld up some more stuff for me hehe.
Can i be on your race team chad, o pleaseeeeeee
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had fun last year. I got over 15 runs in and my cousin got over 20. He just went around and around. So you can't beat that.</TD></TR></TABLE>
He also broke his car there, wasn't that the event?
Old 09-09-2005, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ICeDoUt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

He also broke his car there, wasn't that the event?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah something broke off of his TB but he broke his tranny at the next event.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

same difference, its still a VW, haha. tommorow i am goin to philly to attepmt to weld my traction bar on, wish me luck, haha
Old 09-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Back up top. We have two teams for teamxxxracing. It looks like team alpha may have a team so we need one more team.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How fast you need these people to be?
Team Alpha is sickly fast. Their guys will be running lmid/ow 10's all day likely

Old 09-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am doing it for fun as I think most people are. I would think team alpha's super fast cars will be running the other heads up classes.

Are you going to go to this event?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea Ill be there for sure.
I prob wont be too fast though. Im hoping for a 12.9, but realistically a very low 13
Who knows though.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a Saturday only race, correct?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The event is only on saturday
Old 09-16-2005, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone know what time the gates open on Sat.?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will check the flyer when I get home. But I think it is 8
Old 09-16-2005, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Team Alpha is sickly fast. Their guys will be running lmid/ow 10's all day likely

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank's for the compliment Pete... I wish we were that fast. Some of our guys are working on them. They have the MPH to get those e.t's, but they are still getting used to their cars.

We are talking about going, but not sure yet. No one wants to drive their turbo Honda's to Maple Grove, but Tim (AllMoToRB18c) does not mind.

The past SR1's was def. alot of fun. Friendly competition, and you get to know them well. Last time we competed, we went against Team B&M Racing (DSM Tuners). All we had was our all-motor cars. We actually kept up with some of their cars, but they were just too fast against our NA cars.

Chad... good luck to you guys. If you already have 2 teams, you might get half the pay outs. You never know unless you ask.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FIxALPHA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Chad... good luck to you guys. If you already have 2 teams, you might get half the pay outs. You never know unless you ask.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

We have just about have three teams now. We need one more person for the third team. I have this posted on speedlounge, teamxxxracing and some other sites. If team alpha can get 4 cars for one last team we are good to go. If not then I guess we will all run brackets. Hopefully it is nice and cool there and not humid.

Quick Reply: Is anyone planning on competing in the SR-1 Team Drag Challenge at IDRC on Sept 24 at Maple Grove?