Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ????

Its a old discontinued game but its pretty cool. I have been playing in on and off for a few years now.......
For those who have played it or still do like me, whats your fastest ET so far????????
I broke into the 5's twice now with the 240Sx with a fully built 2jz motor and 20psi..........
Old 10-31-2003, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (Outkast)

4.88 @ 342 mph w/ v12 turbo silvia 6300hp on Nitrous

I lost thed save files for that car when i upgraded to windows XP
My fastest car since i lost that game is 5.0 @ 328 mph
The key is to play with the Center of Gravity in the Suspension setting
Old 10-31-2003, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (tHIS oNE)

I've never heard of an import drag racing game. Is it very fun? As much as I LOVE drag racing (compared to other forms of racing) I just can't imagine a drag racing game being very fun honestly. Where could I get this game, cuz if it's cheap I might buy it.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:50 PM
stealthmode

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (Disco Stu)

I've never played this game either, but sounds interesting. I have played IHRA drag racing 1 and 2 for playstation. IHRA 1 is very weak all around, but IHRA 2 has alot better graphics, and is very technical as far as tuning (make your own rod/stroke, about 50 or so turbo's and superchargers) For $15, its worth it to a drag racing fan. I'll have to check out the NIRA game though.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (stealthmode)

Where can you get the IHRA game i have been looking for it in all teh stores but never found it
Old 10-31-2003, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (99blackcivicSi)

I rembember that game. For some reason my car would always pull to one side.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (99blackcivicSi)

there selling it on ebay for $14.25 + shipping
Old 10-31-2003, 08:45 PM
stealthmode

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (FAST4DORR)

My car was always pulling to one side too. Then I figured out the counter weight adjustments. oohhh, so high tech for a video game, I love it.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (stealthmode)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My car was always pulling to one side too. Then I figured out the counter weight adjustments. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ah c'mon, thats a fix not a solution.
You car is to lite, to much torque. But most of all your CG settings are too far back.
If you move the CG to the side when you do get the car to track straight its going to go the other way because of the CG in the wrong spot.
That can fix the problem of it going the wrong way but it doesn't fix whats wrong with the car.
I wanna play it now..

Any of you computer guys could help me.
I upgraded to Windows XP and since then if i install the sound setup the game is real choppy?

Old 11-01-2003, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (tHIS oNE)

I had a rwd twin turbo v12 civic that would pull a wheelie then land on top of the wall.
Old 11-01-2003, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (1320ForLife)

I didn't realize the game was actually this technical as you guys are saying. I might check it out. I played an NHRA one on playstation a long time ago with everything from super comp cars all the way up to funny cars and top fuel cars and it was actually gay. I always like realism in the few games I play (that's why I don't play them) so when I hear of 5 sec. Silvias, that makes the game sound kinda cheesy. Doesn't it?
Old 11-01-2003, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (Disco Stu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Disco Stu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didn't realize the game was actually this technical as you guys are saying. I might check it out. I played an NHRA one on playstation a long time ago with everything from super comp cars all the way up to funny cars and top fuel cars and it was actually gay. I always like realism in the few games I play (that's why I don't play them) so when I hear of 5 sec. Silvias, that makes the game sound kinda cheesy. Doesn't it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

as cheesy as a 5 sec silvia sounds and unrealistic as it may seem,
The thing that makes this so realistic is that It actually took me time to get that and Hard work aswell as gaining experience from within the game. Its actually quite hard to build a 5 sec car in this game. I have had the game for about 3 years now and just got my car to run high 4's a matter of months ago. I dont play it every day though. But its damn cool

This game is in no way like those NHRA games.

If any of you have ever messed with the desktop dyno software then this a good game to take that software even farther by messing with suspension and seeing what those numbers you put together can do. Even though its not a realistic as it may seem, but its cool because you can whatever you want to whatever car with whatever parameters. It allows you to do any and everything to all of the cars unlike GT3 or something where you have to do staged upgrades and follow the rules given to each car

Making something work in this game actually takes alot of thought and tuning in the game.
Not only are the parameters for the engines to be built in this game the same as the D.D. software you can even use the motors from the desktop dyno **** in this game, it allows you to import those files.

I was able to put together a 10,000 hp engine from throwing it together with the best things in the game to get that horsepower. But the cool thing is getting it to work(which i didn't).
About 6500 hp is about the max I have been able to get w/o blowing motors every run and work effeciently. But thats the easy part which still isn't that easy, its a matter of numbers. The hard part is making it go fast in a car.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ???? (Outkast)

NHRA Prostocks is the best online drag game
Old 11-02-2003, 08:37 AM

4.3 at 352 with a 4 cylinder 4 wheel drive eclipse..:-D....5.02@332 with front wheel drive 4 cylinder papadakis hatch!!!..i own this game have had it since 99!!!..didnt think anyone knew about it...u must of had it on direct drive to get that kinda mph
Old 11-02-2003, 04:48 PM

Default Re: (hybridKOOPHRI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridKOOPHRI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4.3 at 352 with a 4 cylinder 4 wheel drive eclipse..:-D....5.02@332 with front wheel drive 4 cylinder papadakis hatch!!!..i own this game have had it since 99!!!..didnt think anyone knew about it...u must of had it on direct drive to get that kinda mph</TD></TR></TABLE>

DD all the way... the geared cars i cant get to run as well as the DD stuff
1.0-.1 60 fts
I wanna know more about this 4.3 eclipse?

the geared cars i cant get to run as well as the DD stuff.
Always spins unless i move the CG back and then the car pulls, no in between
Old 11-02-2003, 05:03 PM

Default Re: (tHIS oNE)

Can you get a screen shot of these 4 second passes??? That sounds pretty sweet..
Whats your setup for tires and suspension stuff???
Old 11-02-2003, 07:50 PM

Default Re: (Outkast)

So in this game is there like a points season, where you have to go to different races, qualify, hope **** doesn't break and try and win points? I like realism, so is it something where you have to actually build your motors to be consistent and not blow up as it takes money to build another? Or can you build and blow up as much **** as you want? I'm actually gonna go search the internet and try and buy this game now, it sounds cool!
Old 11-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Disco Stu)

can someone get some screenshots?
Old 11-02-2003, 09:33 PM

Default Re: (dmotoguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmotoguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can someone get some screenshots?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ill see if i can do that for ya.
**edit, cant get the print screen function to work?**
you dont have money in this game, you can do whatever you want.
but dont think thats easy, you have so monay variables to deal with to make it work.

Modified by tHIS oNE at 12:48 AM 11/3/2003
Old 11-03-2003, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tHIS oNE)

I remember this game!

I had a 5 sec@300mph Supra. I tried to keep it realistic, so no V12 swaps here.

One thing that I liked is that you can paint the car...which I modeled my Supra after Vinny Ten's MKIV back in the days. Man, if I only had a screenprint of it. I also painted up the Civic hatch to look like Big Papadakis's FWD hatch, yellow and black. And had a paint scheme on the Eclipse like OSOFAST's Eclipse.

Now if I can dig this CD out from my closet somewhere...
Old 11-03-2003, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dmotoguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmotoguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can someone get some screenshots?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Search on Yahoo, you'll find some reviews of the game. Here is a screenshot.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (96dc2)

oh man.....i lost that cd

Does anyone know where I can dl or is someone kind enough to upload it
Old 11-03-2003, 01:11 PM

Default Re: (chyknees)

I have several copys of this game......
It cost me $19.99 at EB 2 years ago.........

So........ Pm Me with offers on your very own copy of NIRA
Old 11-03-2003, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Outkast)

for some reason it doesnt play on my comp anymore ever since i re installed windows
Old 11-03-2003, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98CTRCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98CTRCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One thing that I liked is that you can paint the car...</TD></TR></TABLE>
i did that too! there was a first gen crx in the game and i spent alot of time getting it to match my car. i didnt do much to it just used the biggest slicks, turbo, nitrous shot (bout 300 i belive ) and compression through the roof! i think it did 9s but seeing some of the times you guys did makes me want to dig around for it and give it another shot! btw i picked it up for about 10 bucks at the time in EB.
-Roger

Quick Reply: Anyone here play NIRA Drag Racing for PC ????