Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

AEM FailSafe Water/Meth Need help to Wire up to Hondata S300v2 Deivils Own Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AEM FailSafe Water/Meth Need help to Wire up to Hondata S300v2 Deivils Own Kit

Hello guys, I am in need of some wiring help. P28 s300v2 ecu EBC PWM

I have devils own injection kit with progressive controller...

I have 6 wires left to be firgured out. I am trying to wire in the AEM water/fail safe. In the pictures it is first last 2. The First 3 are for the devils own kit.

I need help on what the following wires will be hooked up to. Currently I had an aftermarket transducer to be able to adjust and swap maps and boost level when pressure in line drops. I am doing away with this. I had 2 wires one going to A24 and D4. To trigger maps.

The 6 wires 2 which either go to A24 and D4. Need to know what goes where in order to get this AEM fail safe fired up. Which wires go to the controller and where????

On the AEM failsafe

White?
Brown?
Yellow?
Blue?
Green?
Orange?
Attached Images      
Old 04-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM FailSafe Water/Meth Need help to Wire up to Hondata S300v2 Deivils Own Kit

Orange goes to blue wire from controller ?
Yellow ECU Switch Failsafe Use for nitrous map ?
Brown ECU Sensor Ground ?
White ECU (Log the data) PR Pressure Voltage ?

Green Optional Boost-Safe ?
Blue goes to chassis Ground ?

D4 as switched to ground inputs
A24 ECU power ground
Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM FailSafe Water/Meth Need help to Wire up to Hondata S300v2 Deivils Own Kit

If anyone can take the time to figure out the 6 wires. I will Paypal $50. Thanks

How I see there needs to be a relay on either Blue low side or Yellow high side. So you can't use both to sense? And cut boost. If you can better direct me on which wires need to be hooked up.

So far I see it as:
White analog + D4
Brown wire analog - A24

Yellow Hi Side +12v ????? goes where
Blue Low Side - ???? goes where

Green Fluid Leve Sensor - Yellow on Devils on controller
Orange Injection Percentage - Blue on Devils on controller
Attached Images  

Last edited by ESP.net; 05-09-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Orange on AEM to blue wire on Devils own kit. Logs pump percentage.
green on AEM to fluid level switch/yellow on devils own. Error if fluid level is low
blue on AEM to d4. Ground switch for changing map.
yellow on AEM not connected. No 12v out needed
white/brown connected only if you are logging flow then they would go to an 0-5v input on ECU.
cruizinmax@hotmail.com
Old 05-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cruzin so no need for a relay of sorts for trigger either yellow or blue wire in order to cut boost when issue arises to high or to low? Like below...

You sure I do not need 2 hookups to ecu to have the changed map switched D4 and A24 power ground? Thanks

Check the above relay diagrams
Attached Images  

Last edited by ESP.net; 05-09-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Talked to AEM this is what they told me:

Orange on AEM to Blue on Devils Own Kit/ Logs pump percentage/ Goes to negative on pump wire
Green on AEM to Yellow on Devils Own Kit Fluid Level Switch
Blue on AEM to D4 Ground Switch for changing map
Yellow on AEM would be GOING TO A24 ECU Power GROUND Blue and Yellow need 2 wires to switch the map. Not just one?
White and Brown connected only if logging flow 0.5v. ECU (Imagine would go to Analog pigtail pins on s300v2)? (If wanted)
Old 05-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ESP.net
cruzin so no need for a relay of sorts for trigger either yellow or blue wire in order to cut boost when issue arises to high or to low? Like below...

You sure I do not need 2 hookups to ecu to have the changed map switched D4 and A24 power ground? Thanks

Check the above relay diagrams
Correct. You don't need 2 wires to switch maps. Just ground switched output from the failsafe to d4 to activate secondary map. If you wanted to use the yellow wire connected to a relay you could use that to interrupt the boost controller if you wanted to.

If you connect the yellow wire directly to ground you are creating a short.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So what your saying is do not hook yellow up all I need is the one wire Blue wire to D4 to make the changing of the map work. No need for 2nd wire to complete it. Seems I wont need a relay as well from AEM and a tuner I talked to that is familar with the setup. I see what your saying about using yellow to interupt the ebc with a relay but seems more work than necessary to do the basic think of changing the map if there is a too high or too low flow reading on the fail safe sensor.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As of right now 5/11 it does seem like maybe I will need a relay to do it correctly. Seems I would have one tune already pump gas tune then as long as it is triggered with the relay the other tune will kick in with more timing and added boost. Then if a high or low peak happens with the pump flow it will trigger or de-trigger the relay forcing into pump gas and wastegate spring. arghhh

Instead of using the A11 wire now... which wont work it would be the power side so the other 12v wire on the EBC.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are hooking up a relay to trigger your boost control solenoid here is how I would do it. Yellow wire from AEM to pin 85 on relay, pin 86 to ground, pin 87 to boost control solenoid. Other wire from boost control solenoid to pin a11 on ECU. Pin 30 on relay to switched 12v. Set the failsafe up so that the yellow wire is powered when meth is flowing. When meth is not flowing the 12v is deactivated from the boost controller and you have wastegate psi.

edit: I just noticed that hondata has high and low boost control switching available in settings. You wouldn't actually need a relay or the yellow wire connected at all. Just set Hondata high boost to be active with D4 and your all set. You also wouldn't be limited to wastegate with no meth if you choose that way.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cruizin... so what you saying is like what below was brought to me?? So am still confussed do I hook the Green wire boost safe/aux to D4. Where do the Blue Low Side and Yellow High Side wires need to go?????????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the AEM failsafe controller I normally tie the green wire from the controller to D4. I enable a generic output and set the input for D4, set the conditions super low so when the controller outputs the failsafe signal it goes into the programmed fuel and ignition 2-d tables. I usually add a ton of fuel and pull a ton of ignition timing. See attached screen shots. On a turbo car using the boost by gear feature I also set the low/high boost switch to D4. I set the “high” boost by gear table to a low target (3% output) so that it kicks the boost down to waste gate level. I use D4 specifically because it will also illuminate the CEL light when the feature is turned on, which gives a visual warning what is going on. Just follow AEM’s instructions for the fail safe controller installation/wiring, but specifically tie the green wire to D4. No relays are needed, its a ground output.
Attached Images     
Old 05-12-2016, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The green wire on AEM is an input to the failsafe. It will not output a ground signal to switch maps. The blue wire is your ground output to switch maps. You want the green wire tied to the fluid level so when you fluid level is low the AEM is aware. No relays necessary. In s300 trigger boost and secondary maps off d4. Yellow wire is a switched 12v output which is not needed for your setup.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay good cause I already have Green wire tied into the level sensor. Orange is also tied into the Blue wire on devils own controller which is connected to pump ground. So let me get this straight.

Doing it the below: I can still be driving around on higher boost than wastegate say example 18-20 psi with meth working/flowing say 15 psi which all that can be done on the progressive controller. Then if a high or low flow spike happens it will still be able to trigger than cut boost and map down to wastgate pressure say 10 psi spring? No relay needed..?

Yellow high side not hooked up
Blue low side goes to D4

White and Blue not really needed to be hooked up but for logging purposes? If were to hook these up would these go into the Top Analog pigtails?
Old 05-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Or would this be the way only to have either say Pump Gas tune and Meth Tune BUT has to be SAME psi in order to work?

Side note talked to SpeedFactory said same no relay needed will be tuning it there shortly.

Last edited by ESP.net; 05-12-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ESP.net
Okay good cause I already have Green wire tied into the level sensor. Orange is also tied into the Blue wire on devils own controller which is connected to pump ground. So let me get this straight.

Doing it the below: I can still be driving around on higher boost than wastegate say example 18-20 psi with meth working/flowing say 15 psi which all that can be done on the progressive controller. Then if a high or low flow spike happens it will still be able to trigger than cut boost and map down to wastgate pressure say 10 psi spring? No relay needed..?

Yellow high side not hooked up
Blue low side goes to D4

White and Blue not really needed to be hooked up but for logging purposes? If were to hook these up would these go into the Top Analog pigtails?
Correct, except white and BROWN not hooked up unless you wanted to log flow in hondata.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes sorry typo meant Brown on the last part.