Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

2006 Import Drag Racing Series at Pacific Raceways in Kent Washington

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Import Drag Racing Series at Pacific Raceways in Kent Washington

Here is the official dates for the NW Imports Series at pacific raceways , the first even will hold a drift demo featuring our 240 drift car and corrolla , we want to make this a great event and like everyone knows the more the people the more fun so bring out all your cars weather your racing or not and support the seattle import scene .

Feb 26 Sun Open Test N Tune - NW Imports Series #1
Mar 19 Sun Open Test N Tune - NW Imports Series #2
May 12 Fri Open Test N Tune - NW Imports Series #3
Jun 7 Wed Open Test N Tune - NW Imports Series #4
Jul 8 Sat Battle of The Imports
Car Show, Swap Meet, Drag Race, & Stereo Competition< and drift demo

Matt

Modified by VTECJUN at 3:42 PM 3/17/2006
Old 10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2006 Import Drag Racing Series at Pacific Raceways in Kent Washington (VTECJUN)

its good to see someone doing something to try n improve the race scene up here. I think everyone regardless of whether or not u belong to a big name company or is just a racer, should support this.

Matt,

I think since we already have certain classes out there sanctioned by nhra, ndra, boti. We should try and keep it in the same realm. or as close as we can anyways. ie, street class, street tire, all motor, pro etc..... picking just 4 classes might be hard. but as long as you have a sfwd type class i'm happy
Old 10-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2006 Import Drag Racing Series at Pacific Raceways in Kent Washington (VTECJUN)

I think you should recurit as many NoCal people as you can.

In fact I would get with CMI, modify the classes somewhat to streamline it and run a series between Pacific Raceways and Sears Point.

One event per month starting in the late spring would be great.

You could easily have 6 events next year.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good idea .
Old 10-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, I can't belive that no one else is interested in this.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: (onefstek)

sounds like a good idea guys... hope all goes well, WA needs some import events.

i remember going to most of the T&T since that was all they had about 2 years ago
Old 10-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think is more than just a good idea. we need to come togheter and make this happen.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:11 PM
JL
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (onefstek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by onefstek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think is more than just a good idea. we need to come togheter and make this happen. </TD></TR></TABLE>

im down however i can help
Old 10-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JL)

from what i remember, the import stuff at SIR had decent turn outs. Just not a lot of fast cars...

woodburn does well with just 2 classes (i think it's 14.00 and slower, 13.99 and faster, all brackets).

you could do:
All motor heads up
1 power adder 4cyl heads up
outlaw heads up (anything)
and then a bracket class...
Old 10-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slapshotnerd)

This sounds like a west coast series in the making.... kent, woodburn. sacramento....why not throw in bakersfield or palmdale. Im down for a road trip from so cal to WA. I got family up there i can visit with in seattle.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (f@sth@tch89)

As posted on other local sites , myself and a few of my friends would be highly intrested in a good competitive series here @ pacific raceway. As long as you have a heads up series in sportcompact/sfwd I know I'll be there.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: (93hatched_projekt)

wtf, internet ate my post.........

anyway..... i posted my thoughts on NWSR, but basically i think the key to making this successful is keeping the **** starters away. the import mix nights were great back in the day, but they were killed by all the immature kids (coughkentracerscough) that didn't need to be there. it's fairly safe to say that most of the BS is going to come from people in the lower/bracket classes. put a fairly low cap on the lower classes and you'll be left with the people that genuinely love the sport, and will continue to compete long after the young'ns are gone.

although i'm not in the WW area any more, i'd love to see this happen, and i wish you all nothing but the best of luck. Seattle has one of the biggest scenes that nobody outside of the NW knows about it. the fast cars are out there, give them a reason to come out and play.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JSpin)

Since battle seems to go to the Northwest, maybe they can join forces and have a west coast series. I still feel they can have 2 races at kent, 2 bakersfield, 2 woodburn, and 2 at Sac. Will someone please recognize the beauty in this.....Us west coast racers are starving for more sanctioned events and decent payouts.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:53 AM

i doubt this is going to be a "west coast" series, just local. better off that way in my opinion.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSpin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i doubt this is going to be a "west coast" series, just local. better off that way in my opinion.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why do u think its better to keep it local?
Old 10-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't think battle wants to have a series. They are successful at all of their shows, across the nation...

i think if SIR / Woodburn combined their import events, for a NW series, it'd be the best.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:23 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slapshotnerd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't think battle wants to have a series. They are successful at all of their shows, across the nation...

i think if SIR / Woodburn combined their import events, for a NW series, it'd be the best.</TD></TR></TABLE>

now we're talking, most people that could make the PR races could make either a woodburn or PIR race, if they really wanted to. i honestly dont know if quardinating something between the two tracks would go smoothly, but this would defnitely be something to think about in the future.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pacific raceway is the ****....

soon as the the sun went down my car starts popping so you know the air is nice and dense

that means i could stop in woodburn and visit my little cutie...

matt you should look at how CMI's used to be...keep it simple or your gonna have headaches

two pro classes only

Heads up turbo fwd
heads up all motor fwd

fastest 8 in each class regardless if your full race or street...cuz we all know theres some street cars that can outrun the full race cars....

bracket 1 15.00-slower
bracket 2 14.99-faster
rwd all bracketed together regardless of times

once a month is alot of race..... 4 or 5 races max....keeps things exciting and also throw in points chase so you keep racers coming back...
Old 10-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NATURAL)

I DISAGREE WITH ONLY HAVING 2 CLASSES 4 CLASSES IS BETTER ,
ALL MOTOR STREET
PRO ALL MOTOR
PROSTREET AKA (1 POWER ADDER)
OUTLAW WITH NE THING YOU GOT UNDER 7 CYL&gt; CANT SAY NO TO THE VOLVO GUYS LOL

HOPE TO SEE IT HAPPEN SO WE DONT ONLY HAVE BOTI TO LOOK FORWARD TOO
Old 10-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (racerboyb18c1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racerboyb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I DISAGREE WITH ONLY HAVING 2 CLASSES 4 CLASSES IS BETTER ,
ALL MOTOR STREET
PRO ALL MOTOR
OUTLAW WITH NE THING YOU GOT UNDER 7 CYL&gt; CANT SAY NO TO THE VOLVO GUYS LOL

HOPE TO SEE IT HAPPEN SO WE DONT ONLY HAVE BOTI TO LOOK FORWARD TOO </TD></TR></TABLE>

your gonna split the classes up too much and not have full fields...

i was at kent two years ago.....pro all motor had 5 cars , street all motor had 5 cars
(alot of which were from cali)....throw those two classes together and you have a full field....the fastest 8 cars regardless whether or not your full race or street....

give it time and let the scene grow....some of the street guys will step up to full race and eventually there will be enough street cars to form their own field....
Old 10-14-2005, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WHAT ABOUT ALLMOTOR 12.99 OR FASTER AND ALL MOTOR 13.00 AND SLOWER THERES ALOT OF STREET CARS IN THE 13S SO MAKE IT MORE COMPETITIVE AND THEN JUST A POWER ADDER CLASS WITH LIKE THE SAME RULES THAT WOULD MAKE MORE IN THE CLASSES
Old 10-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

either way one of the classes wont be full....
Old 10-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you need to have a bracket class for the people who have slow cars, but still want to race.

You also should have a fast bracket class for cars like WRX's, Eclipses, and other cars which are factory turbocharged, or fast, but not THAT fast.

Then have an all motor heads up category - run what you brung. If you think you're a hot shot, then go for the fastest time, and do it time and time again...

then another heads up category, for the ones who have all out race cars. If there's only 4 cars that show up, then so be it.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slapshotnerd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need to have a bracket class for the people who have slow cars, but still want to race.

You also should have a fast bracket class for cars like WRX's, Eclipses, and other cars which are factory turbocharged, or fast, but not THAT fast.

Then have an all motor heads up category - run what you brung. If you think you're a hot shot, then go for the fastest time, and do it time and time again...

then another heads up category, for the ones who have all out race cars. If there's only 4 cars that show up, then so be it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

at battle this year and last year. the biggest class is the "bracket racing" and "fun run" classes. The serious, heads up fast cars only make up a small minority of the racers at these events so we must cater to these racers.

Also, I would love to have a NW series. I don't mind traveling to PIR or Woodburn. Hell, I wouldn't even mind going to Renegade in Yakima
Old 10-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racerboyb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ALL MOTOR STREET
PRO ALL MOTOR
OUTLAW WITH NE THING YOU GOT UNDER 7 CYL</TD></TR></TABLE>

And a cold one for the guy putting in the effort to make this happen. Matt.

Quick Reply: 2006 Import Drag Racing Series at Pacific Raceways in Kent Washington