Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

10 second all motor street car possible?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (f@sth@tch89)

what are we talking about a stock factory street car or a car that run in a street car class?
Old 05-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (A train)

If your talking about "a street class car" then check out the EK in my signature.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (K20Ahondas)

Define street car? A car that is driven on the street? A "street class" C16 slurping race car? What do you consider to be a street car? I have never nor will I ever see a 10 second n/a street Honda that doesn't run crazy compression. The need to run on race gas kind of takes away from the "streetability".
Old 05-05-2007, 09:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (RaceProfessor)

theres more random BS spread thick in this crappy thread than i see in a whole week.
10 seconds in a FWD all motor "street class car", yes its been done and even if it hadnt at this point it could very well be.
this thread sucks.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solbrothers)

1985 AH Hatchback. Internally Dead Stock K20A = 11.67@116.55 on Drag Radials. I think 10's is possible on pump gas if he added some IPS cams and slicks.

Here's the buildup thread: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3362

At 1800lbs with driver, considering traction as a variable he would need roughly 270whp to hit 10.99 - there are multiple Pump Gas K-series that have hit this number.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its possible
Old 05-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Home of the fastest Hondas in the 417 area since, 1997, usa
Default Re: (taggart_lumpy)

we ran many 11.1s last year and 10s should come this year. Look for the cars that are over 2150lbs, they are usually street cars just running open header. Hell I run with full interior and front and back seats on 110 that they sell at the pump here. The two cars that have ran 10s with the newer rules are street cars but the CRX with the H22 from years ago was gutted and way lighter than the two current 10sec street cars.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RaceProfessor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RaceProfessor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Define street car? A car that is driven on the street? A "street class" C16 slurping race car? What do you consider to be a street car? I have never nor will I ever see a 10 second n/a street Honda that doesn't run crazy compression. The need to run on race gas kind of takes away from the "streetability".</TD></TR></TABLE> by street i mean can be driven to and from the track and then some. obviously a 10 second daily driver is crazy!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: (raphael)

lame *** question deserves these lame *** answers,
Old 05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Saul Salceda did it a few years back.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bisimoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bisimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My opinion: it is possible.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by taggart_lumpy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its possible
</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K20Ahondas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your talking about "a street class car" then check out the EK in my signature.</TD></TR></TABLE>While these people think positive, get pass the BS and move forward and keep pushing limits!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f@sth@tch89 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a 10 second N/A honda in street trim is not possible. I dont care if it has 400hp...im talking no drag radials, or cheater slicks...cat back, full interior, everything to pass smog, get registered, and insurance. If it can't do all that then its not a street car. Just my opinion. Yeah a lot of these cars can be driven on the street, but no one is driving a 10 sec NA honda to work, to the movies, or to get groceries. The car would be so detuned just to be able to drive on the street that it would even be a 10 second car anymore less have 300hp.

I think sometimes people confuse a stock chassis w/ a race motor that may sneak out to the street races once and a while and gets trailored to the track versus a race motor in a stock chassis and driven everywhere, even to and from the track.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I remeber 8 years ago people saying a turbo honda would never hit a 11. Wow, I'm glad that people didn't think so negativley on the sport......who knows where it be
Old 05-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Garcia-Racing)

Can someone define street car? do we mean a daily driver or a trailor queen?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:38 PM

I think he means 10 sec. daily driven street car...N/A
10 sec street car on pump gas ( hell no )
Well anything is possible its just $$$ and technology..

Fu{k tell him to bolt up a turbo and call it a day..
Old 05-11-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: (H2B-CRX)

Here we go again
Old 05-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re:

Just some random thoughts here and I am not an all motor guys but what are we calling street legal... domestic or import, whatever.

-Drag radials are 100% street legal.
-Higher compression and pump gas is possible... e85 is at the pump.
-Light car with aggressive gearing is street legal last time I checked.
-Not having some of your interior is street legal.
-Fiberglass fenders, hood, hatch, lightweight wheels, etc... all street legal
-Cutout and full exhaust... street legal and emissions testable.
-e85 + tuneable fuel management... street legal and emissions would be cake.

Make some decent power add in a lsd and whatnot... I dont know about 10's but you could have a very competitive street legal all motor car that is very driveable imo. Hell with some management systems you can also have switchable maps or you could run a moates switched style socket instead... then you can have a more tame tune for cruising and a radical tune for racing.

It all centers around what yor definition of street legal is really... cause you could push alot further than whats listed above and still get it on the street but of course people will get salty about it. Virtually anything is possible... it just takes $$$.

Then agian I am boosted.... so once agian, I am no all motor guy.

Modified by twkdCD595 at 2:48 PM 5/11/2007
Old 05-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (twkdCD595)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twkdCD595 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just some random thoughts here and I am not an all motor guys but what are we calling street legal... domestic or import, whatever.

-Drag radials are 100% street legal.
-Higher compression and pump gas is possible... e85 is at the pump.
-Light car with aggressive gearing is street legal last time I checked.
-Not having some of your interior is street legal.
-Fiberglass fenders, hood, hatch, lightweight wheels, etc... all street legal
-Cutout and full exhaust... street legal and emissions testable.
-e85 + tuneable fuel management... street legal and emissions would be cake.

Make some decent power add in a lsd and whatnot... I dont know about 10's but you could have a very competitive street legal all motor car that is very driveable imo. Hell with some management systems you can also have switchable maps or you could run a moates switched style socket instead... then you can have a more tame tune for cruising and a radical tune for racing.

It all centers around what yor definition of street legal is really... cause you could push alot further than whats listed above and still get it on the street but of course people will get salty about it. Virtually anything is possible... it just takes $$$.

Then agian I am boosted.... so once agian, I am no all motor guy.

Modified by twkdCD595 at 2:48 PM 5/11/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, with all the possablities its def. doable.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so verdict is that a 300hp(roughly) honda civic street monster is possible?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raphael)

If you're willing to run on $13.00+ per gallon fuel lugging a car around traffic with a high strung motor. We have a 14.0 to 1, cammed CRX that runs on C12 that we drive around town from time to time but it's far from a daily driven street car. Is it possible drive a 10 second N/A car on the street for short periods of time? Sure it is. Is it a street car? IMHO, no. It's a full race motor in a street chassis, that's all.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: (Bisimoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bisimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My opinion: it is possible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

just gonna say that..... but its at the limit....

i knwo of 1 car that will be close to what is asked of, and it hast made 300... but it did go 11.4 with only 260whp.... drove to the track and back.. hour a a half each way....
Old 05-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Where the wild things are in, NY, United States of America
Default Re: (1 2 NV)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1 2 NV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this thread sucks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me thinks you hit a homerun with that one. Just more arguements and useless 'well this guy did...', 'well check out...' and 'well don't forget....'.

Build it, then we'll care.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ComeOnKip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ComeOnKip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Me thinks you hit a homerun with that one. Just more arguements and useless 'well this guy did...', 'well check out...' and 'well don't forget....'.

Build it, then we'll care.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will bring this thread back from the dead when it becomes normal. I see and have met people with the dedication to make this all a reality. Remember, innovations were never brought on by the majority and will be made into reality by the minority.

Modified by AllMTRWH0R3 at 9:35 PM 5/14/2007
Old 05-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: (AllMTRWH0R3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AllMTRWH0R3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I will bring this thread back from the dead when it becomes normal. I see and have met people with the dedication to make this all a reality. Remember, innovations were never brought on by the majority and will be made into reality by the minority.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats ******* SIG material right there Ernie...
Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (A train)

i was at church automotive last week, and shawn told me that he just tuned a car that made 331/245 on his dyno with an intake mani and cali pump gas.... not sure what that car runs at the track, nor do i know whos it is, but i am assuming that putting all that money into a car to make it run on pump must make it a canidate for a streetcar.

IPS FTW
Old 05-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f@sth@tch89 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a 10 second N/A honda in street trim is not possible. I dont care if it has 400hp...im talking no drag radials, or cheater slicks...cat back, full interior, everything to pass smog, get registered, and insurance. If it can't do all that then its not a street car. Just my opinion. Yeah a lot of these cars can be driven on the street, but no one is driving a 10 sec NA honda to work, to the movies, or to get groceries. The car would be so detuned just to be able to drive on the street that it would even be a 10 second car anymore less have 300hp.

I think sometimes people confuse a stock chassis w/ a race motor that may sneak out to the street races once and a while and gets trailored to the track versus a race motor in a stock chassis and driven everywhere, even to and from the track.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if i had a honda that made 400 whp and i could drive it definetly, i would. the theft factor is what gets me. i would have no problem driving to the movies or to get groceries if i knew the haters would leave it alone. to me driving your honda that you have almost 20k into around on the streets, knowing that if someone were to steal it you would only get say 5 back from insurance... that just doenst work for me. but drivability insnt the factor, it is other people. and the tire situation is just carzy, maybe one some 245 m&h's, but def not a true street tire.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solbrothers)

Saul Salceda did it a few years and that was a street car.. as seen on the streets of compton.. i remember seen saul at del taco and chevron gas station b4 he made that long trip to the east!!!!!but he went 10s all mota.

Quick Reply: 10 second all motor street car possible?