Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

*IMPORT WARS #2* SUNDAY MAY 20TH... MIDWEST/CHICAGO

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 *IMPORT WARS #2* SUNDAY MAY 20TH... MIDWEST/CHICAGO

Get ready for Import Wars #2, Sunday May 20th at the Legendary Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove WI. Gates open at 8am. First round of eliminations will start at around 1pm. Come see some of Chicagoland’s fastest sport compacts compete head to head down the “Quarter Mile”. Spectators $20, Kids 12 and under get in for Free.

Classes and descriptions:

Outlaw- $65 to enter. This class is for any Pro style import or domestic vehicle with sport compact engine and body running 9.99 or quicker. Tube chassis, slicks, rotary engines, power adders in any combination and any engine swaps (as long as it is a sport compact motor) allowed. No restrictions on exhaust, interior, or tires. Payout will be determined by the amount of cars that show up for this class and class sponsors available at the time. Minimum of four (4) cars needed to run this class.

10.50 unlimited- $65 to enter. 10.50 Index class. Heads up, Pro-tree (.400). Class open to any FWD, RWD and AWD sport compact vehicles. Turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems permitted in any combination. No tube chassis allowed. Qualifiers must run 11.50 and faster. No restrictions on engine type (must be sport compact motor), exhaust, interior, or tires. Three qualifying passes permitted. $400 winner/ $200 runner up. Minimum of 4 cars needed to run this class.

Super Quick- $65 to enter. Bracket Class Handicap sportsman tree (.500). Open to any RWD,AWD or FWD sport compact vehicles running 12.99 or quicker using qualifying to fill a sportsman ladder. Turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems permitted in any combination. No restrictions on exhaust, interior, or tires. Three qualifying passes permitted. Racers are responsible for their own dial in time. $350 winner/ $150 runner up. Minimum of 4 cars needed to run this class.

Pro FWD- $60 to enter. Heads up, Pro-tree (.400). Class open to any Sport compact FWD vehicle only. Turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems permitted in any combination. Wheelie bars, one piece front ends, and straight axles prohibited for Forced induction cars, but not for all motor cars. No restrictions on exhaust, interior, or tires. Motor swaps allowed as long as they stay within the same manufacturer. Three qualifying passes permitted. Qualifiers must run 12.99 and faster. $300 winner/ $150 runner up. Minimum of 4 cars needed to run this class.

All Motor FWD- $50 to enter. Heads up, Pro-tree (.400). Class open to any sport compact FWD naturally aspirated vehicle only. Turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems strictly prohibited. Wheelie bars, one piece front ends, and straight axles allowed. No restrictions on exhaust, interior, or tires. Motor swaps allowed as long as they stay within the same manufacturer. Three qualifying passes permitted. Qualifiers must run 13.99 and faster. $250 winner/ $125 runner up. Minimum of 4 cars needed to run this class.

Super Mod- $45 to enter. Bracket Class Handicap sportsman tree (.500) Open to any RWD,AWD or FWD sport compact vehicles running 13.00 or slower. Turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems permitted in any combination. No restrictions on exhaust, interior, or tires. Driver responsible for his/her own dial in time. $45 to enter, $200 winner/ $100 runner up.

Grudge Matches- Open to any car and motorcycle. No payouts. Racers who want to set up a grudge match must see GLD staff for lane assignment. Rules and handicap agreements between the two parties are responsibility of the racers involved. Racers from any class are welcomed to participate on a Grudge match only if they are out of the competition or have been eliminated.

Test and tune- Open to any car and motorcycle. No payouts. Racers from any class are welcomed to run in the TNT lanes, even if they are eliminated from their class.

Last edited by SPEEDQUEST INC.; 04-23-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Added RC as a Sponsor
Old 04-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *IMPORT WARS #2* SUNDAY MAY 20TH... MIDWEST/CHICAGO

bump. im gonna try and make this
Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for this event are you guys pretty tight with cages?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NHRA Safety Rules Apply to all classes.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump!
Old 04-21-2012, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hopefully our car is ready for this one, on top of that I still haven't heard back from anyone about tossing money at these events. As I said before golden-eagle and us had about $400 to throw at this months event for prize money, I'm sure the people running in this event would like an increase in prize money.

Will you guys have flyers made ? We have a bunch of customers interested in the event but flyers would really help out as well.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90blackcrx
Hopefully our car is ready for this one, on top of that I still haven't heard back from anyone about tossing money at these events. As I said before golden-eagle and us had about $400 to throw at this months event for prize money, I'm sure the people running in this event would like an increase in prize money.

Will you guys have flyers made ? We have a bunch of customers interested in the event but flyers would really help out as well.
Bob, I was told that you were contacted and informed that it was too late for the last event. Give me your email address and I will forward over the details for sponsoring the event. I can help you out if, you can't get a hold of anyone. If you are interested, which it appears you are, we can use your help with the event. We are a little more local to you so we can make arrangements to collect funds from you for the event and make sure your contributions are noted. Give me an email to contact you and I can let you in on more details of things to come. We're going to need your help...
Old 04-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Trying to finish either one of our shop cars, we were out at the last event.... really sucked that our cars weren't running yet.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry about that, Bob. I added you and updated flier... We should have fliers printed out bu end of this week. Thanks a bunch.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SPEEDQUEST INC.
Sorry about that, Bob. I added you and updated flier... We should have fliers printed out bu end of this week. Thanks a bunch.
Its all good
Old 05-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Who is ready to take home some money this weekend?
Thanks to our sponsors: One6 Motorsports, RC Autoworks, Drivers Image, Ill Garage, One Sixx Tuning, Speedquest and Suja 1, we will have an additional $600 added to the pot Sunday. Even if your car is not ready, stop by and show some love... We will show some Love back real soon, I promise

Last edited by SPEEDQUEST INC.; 05-17-2012 at 02:01 PM.