Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Water Spots on Civic???

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Water Spots on Civic???

Hey everyone. I have a 00 Civic LX with a decent (but not perfect) glossy black paint job. Last week I washed and waxed it using Armor All Butter Wax. After that it rained on and off for four days. The wax seemed to be doing its job, because all the water beaded up on contact and the car always had a wet look. Two days ago the sun came back out and it finally dried. It looks horrible! It has dull little blotches all over that are bordered with a thin white line. The car is covered, but it seems to be worse where the water was sitting, and on closer inspection it seems to match the look of how the water beaded up, but I can't be sure. I never seen this before. If I didn't know better and I was viewing the vehicle for the first time I might even assume it was oxidation marks. I don't think that could happen to this extent in four days though. I've since washed the car twice, and even though the marks go away when the vehicle is wet, as soon as I shammy dry it, they are all still there. I have not tried a polishing compound yet, but I'm actually getting a little worried that the marks are permanent. Can't seem to buff them out. Any ideas on what this could be? The car is 13 years old so like I said before the paint is not perfect, but up until this happened last week it was still a very sharp looking car. It only has 72,000 miles on it - so if I have to, a paint job might be worth it. The thing runs like it just rolled off the lot yesterday. Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Water Spots on Civic???

Pics would help.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:51 PM
RESIDENT

Originally Posted by HotboxedTypeR
Pics would help.
This. Take some good pictures from different angles/lighting and post them up so we can help.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would just use a polishing compound of your choice. I usually prefer Meguiars Mirror Glaze line, but I detail on the side. You could go to Walmart or Autozone to get some Meguiars Ultimate Compound, grab a buffing pad and rub it out by hand. Should come out no problem. If you have a polisher it would make it easier. Best of luck!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

We need to pictures of the water spots, and the rest of the vehicle. Is it oxidized?

And next, throw that crap in the garbage and get something better.