Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Novice Swirl Correct '10 Acura TSX (Crystal Black Pearl)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novice Swirl Correct '10 Acura TSX (Crystal Black Pearl)

Hello Honda-Tech detailing peeps. During my ownership of my 2010 Acura TSX, I noticed some horrible marring/swirls due to the previous owner probably hitting automatic car washes. Finally figured it was time to try and tackle this myself as a stage 1 paint correction in my area is around $400. I've never tried to do anything like this before, other than the basic clay bar/wax application. Armed with a borrowed orbital and appropriate pads, as well as a 1 step Meg's Ultimate Polish I decided it was time.

Prior to even starting on the vehicle, did a wash to remove dirt and debris. Below are pics after the ​​​​​​ clay bar to show the damage.

The clay wasn't as dirty as I expected it to turn out. I honestly should of taken more pictures, but I didn't. The second pic shows the top of the trunk, and the whole trunk looked this way. Below is a picture of how the trunk turned out.

Here we see a untaped 50/50 of the drivers door.

I went ahead and completed the rest of the vehicle. Honestly at this point I was super excited, for wax application. Which I used some Mother's Liquid Wax (horrible choice after the fact). Below is the finished product.

With all this being said, I completed this last June. Here in the next couple weeks, I will be doing a more aggressive correction with Meg's M105/205, as well as CarPro UK 3.0 Ceramic Coating to protect the paint.

Another main reason for the 2nd correction is shortly after this was completed, I got hit in a hotel parking lot and had the front bumper replaced for the Sport (Modulo) bumper. Which I've thrown in a pic of how the car looks now. Still shiny, but winter was not kind to my car. The Mothers wax was a terrible choice, and I'm ready for a ceramic coating to keep that luster/shine all year round.

Thanks for looking! I want to note, I wasn't striving for 100% perfection here. I was thoroughly happy with my results. Any pointers would be appreciated!