Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Looking for experienced detail/body shop or person in Piedmont Triad Area of NC.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for experienced detail/body shop or person in Piedmont Triad Area of NC.

I just got quoted $550 dollars to have painted pinstripes taken of my Integra and my trim and windshield wiper cowl resprayed and that seems like WAY too much. And I haven't just been to one shop here in town and stopped there. Everywhere else I've been to either does lazy sketchy work, or won't bother with jobs like respraying trim and removing painted pinstripes because it's not that profitable. I understand you get what you paid for and a shop needs to make money to survive and so on and so forth but I'm willing to bet that they're a few honda tech members who do paint and body work at a shop for a living and some independent work on the side for some spare cash and I'm really hoping that some of them live close by. I'm interested in finding someone in or around Winston Salem (I'm not actually located in Winston Salem but about 40 minutes north in the foothills, close to the VA line, but my guess is I'll have better luck finding someone south of here) that either has real experience in this kind of work and can provide pictures of their work or has had work done at a shop that they feel is worth vouching for. If you have I would be interested in seeing pictures of the work done to get an idea of the quality of their workmanship. OR, is $550 really what I should expect to pay for this kind of work because that price seems like

Modified by thesamesound at 2:48 AM 5/28/2008
Old 05-31-2008, 09:46 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Looking for experienced detail/body shop or person in Piedmont Triad Area of NC. (thesamesound)

PM user Casey and ask about Bobby adams.
lives in highpoint,thomasville area.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for experienced detail/body shop or person in Piedmont Triad Area of NC. (Brice.Hayden)

Thanks!! Couldn't have gotten this post at a better time. I got the pin striping off the old fashioned way yesterday (easy off oven cleaner) to find what I had feared from the start. The stripes were hiding very poor paint work on the left rear quarter panel. I'm not a paint or body expert but it looks likes someone masked off the pinstripes before the paint had fully cured. It's either a ridiculous hard line or it almost looks like a cut made with an exacto knife. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. I've got a laundry list of **** that I need taken care of, trim resprayed, my lip, mirrors and side skirts color matched, and I'm thinking about shaving the spoiler and emblems........It's beginning to look like it may become more affordable to just have the car resprayed . I'll PM guy to see if Mr. Bobby Adams is up to the challenge. Thanks again.