Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Bentley Continental GT Protection Detail by Tru Shine & Unique Mobile Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bentley Continental GT Protection Detail by Tru Shine & Unique Mobile Detailing

An exotic and ultra-luxurious grand tourer, this 2010 Bentley Continental GT Speed with a wickedly powerful twin-turbo 6.0L W12 engine with 600 hp and 553 tq. The Continental GT is a bespoke hand-crafted luxury sports car with endless features and options.

This car was scheduled for a Protection Detail, a thorough wash,clay and sealant and a quick vacuum and wipe down on the inside. lets see what we are working with...

Starting with the wheels, we used Sonax Full Effect, A pH balanced Wheel cleaner safe for all types of wheels, and does a GREAT job eating at the brake dust.

Once the Wheel cleaner reacts with the brake dust, It will turn a redish color showing you that it is working.

Then we treated all of the lower panels with a Bug and tar remover to help dislodge and stuck on grime.

Next we pre rinsed the car knocking off and heavy/loose debris

After that we gave it a good foam bath to help suspend the dirt up off the paint when being washed.

Using a 100% sheep skin wash mitt and two bucket method, we wash the car going in straight lines to help prevent any chance of circular marks.

Next we pull the car in to dry if off and then clay the paint.

We decided to try out some Dodo juice "Time to Dry" to help the drying process (Not sure how I feel about this product yet)

Also with help of the Airforce blaster to get water out of all the crevices

For this car, I chose to give it a nice coat of Black Fire Midnight Sun, BFMS is a super high quality carnauba wax that is designed to be Wiped on Wiped off, no need to wait for the wax to "Haze" over. this wax can also be applied on top of the Black Fire Wet Diamond Sealant to create the "Wet Ice Over Fire" treatment.

Tires shined using OPT Opti-Bond (Love this stuff)

Thanks for Viewing, Have a blessed Day!

-Eric Witt and David Purser

Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bentley Continental GT Protection Detail by Tru Shine & Unique Mobile Detailing

You guys do good work! I've enjoyed going back through your threads to read them.

One thing I was wondering - do you ever run into issues with halogens putting out too much heat on cars with soft paint when you're doing correction?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bentley Continental GT Protection Detail by Tru Shine & Unique Mobile Detailing

Originally Posted by blizz81
You guys do good work! I've enjoyed going back through your threads to read them.

One thing I was wondering - do you ever run into issues with halogens putting out too much heat on cars with soft paint when you're doing correction?
They are never that close, they are always about 3-4 ft away from the paint. and if it's any closer then that, it is only for a short time.