Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda-Tech Marketplace > Classifieds: Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

FS: BNIB JDL Auto Design "Bottom Mount" Cerakoted T3/MVS flanged Exhaust Manifold

Notices
Classifieds: Forced Induction Buy/Sell/Trade Forced Induction related parts ONLY.

FS: BNIB JDL Auto Design "Bottom Mount" Cerakoted T3/MVS flanged Exhaust Manifold

Old 03-05-2019, 08:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FS: BNIB JDL Auto Design "Bottom Mount" Cerakoted T3/MVS flanged Exhaust Manifold

This exhaust manifold was originally one of two new manifolds for 2 personal projects that was created by Jesse B of JDL Auto Design and formerly of AFI Turbo. To give a background, after AFI Turbo ended their business venture with Kenny Enterprises in 2012, all of the welding Jigs went to JDL Auto Design, as Jesse created a new venture. When JDL Auto design continued to build their exhaust manifolds, they originally, had no welding plate containing their logo on their manifolds as they (in addition to almost all manufacturers ) do today. When JDL Auto Design ceased working on Honda exhaust manifolds, they sold their “bottom mount” jig to Sheepey Inc, who now uses this jig for their design. The original grade of materials and even the welders of this exhaust manifold are the same welders that are formerly employed by Full-Race are working currently under Sheepey Inc.

One of Two JDL Auto Design Manifolds I had

Below are photos for your review and comparison Sheepey vs. JDL Auto Design

Sheepey Inc (Left) JDL Auto (Right)

Notice the logo on the Sheepey Inc, yet the weld quality and pattern from the jig are the same

Sheepey (Left) JDL Auto Design Right REAR

Sheepey version on an engine

Advertisement photo of a single 44MVR T3 flanged Sheepey

This exhaust manifold was originally the first of a set of two manifolds that were to be used for TA trials and testing on a vehicle. Only one was ever used. This one was still on the shelf while the other was being tested, and I am cleaning out parts to make way for something else. This has been Cerakote high heat coated to withstand temperatures in excess of 1800*F and is made specifically for a B-series Engine using a half-sized radiator, and requires that the compressor cover faces the driver fender.

The use of a single back-door intercooler is recommended but not required..

This Bottom Mount manifold has been known to make over 900whp for its use, and was made for those that wanted the higher exhaust energy flow of a Kooks-“Ramhorn”, (same 1.5” primaries) but have much better midrange capabilities and allow for better response for even turbochargers as small as a GT3076R (52lbs/min ) and higher. This exhaust manifold is made for those that plan to have over 400-500whp now, but may expand to over 700whp-900whp (with supporting modifications and hardware) if they desire to “grow” later on in their process.You will note that even Sheepey Inc will not sell this exhaust manifold unless it is using a divided turbine flange, twin gates, or 44mm MVS (Hypergate 45) wastegate flange.

Below are the specifications.
-T3 open flange-Flange
-fits either TiAL 38mm MVS or Turbosmart Comp 40 (Both Gen 1 & Gen 2)
-Made For B-series engines.
-Must use a Half sized radiator any B-series engine from factory or engine swap
-Power Steering compatibility without need to remove power steering bracket
-Use of a Single back door radiator is recommended but not required.
-1/8" EGT Probe in cylinder three already installed
-49mm (1.9") Primary tubes-manifold was welded while the head flange was on a proper cylinder head jig (so, no warping causing exhaust leaks!))

Below are photos of the other manifold in the engine bay of a DC2 chassis with the above parameters met..using a Koyo half sized radiator, GT30R sized turbocharger and Garrett single back door intercooler. Full power steering has been maintained in this example.

This, brand new anywhere else would cost over $1100, but BNIB cerakoted, I’m asking $930 + shipping for this exhaust manifold. (Weight is approximately 21lbs or 9.5kg minus packing materials.) .

Paypal is preferred (Buyer pays fees as common practice unless sent as a gift) but will utilize C.O.D with Certified funds (buyer pays C.O.D. fee).

Shipping is assumed to be in the Continental U.S. (Buyer must pay shipping from USPS, UPS or FEDEX. *PLEASE NOTE* If USPS is used, buyer assumes all risk associated with any claims or damage or loss)

Canada, AK,HI, PR, are subject to different shipping rates. BUYER PAYS ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING, unless negotiated.

I am well-vouched for over 14 years without a single issue. So you can purchase with confidence that you're getting the real article.

Here is my vouch thread for those interested.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/sales-...shodan-997589/

Best way to contact me is to PM me on H-T. I am here often, and will gladly answer questions.

However, I will not text or e-mail other photos to other locations.

Thank you, and please bump this ad after viewing.

Last edited by TheShodan; 03-22-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BNIB JDL Auto Design "Bottom Mount" Cerakoted T3/MVS flanged Exhaust Manifold

Nice ... so what the hell is the difference between this manifold and a traditional ramhorn style manifold ?? Educate me please ... haha
Old 03-06-2019, 05:57 AM

Default Re: BNIB JDL Auto Design "Bottom Mount" Cerakoted T3/MVS flanged Exhaust Manifold

Originally Posted by SilverEK96 View Post
Nice ... so what the hell is the difference between this manifold and a traditional ramhorn style manifold ?? Educate me please ... haha
you can PM me that question to answer a bit more in-depth, but in essence, tubular exhaust pulse design, and good exhaust cylinder seperation, and even better clearance to the engine's cylinder head than a kook's Ramhorn style manifold.

In addition, you can keep the power steering bracket without any modification to it, unlike a Kooks Manifold, in which you must cut the power steering bracket and the bolt itself to have it fit properly.

No one expect you to use the power steering bracket

Last edited by TheShodan; 03-07-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:08 AM

Tax season refund time Bump
Old 03-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FS: BNIB JDL Auto Design "Bottom Mount" Cerakoted T3/MVS flanged Exhaust Manifold

Bump for a legit seller.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:35 PM

Default Re: FS: BNIB JDL Auto Design "Bottom Mount" Cerakoted T3/MVS flanged Exhaust Manifold

Originally Posted by simike View Post
Bump for a legit seller.
much obliged
Old 03-19-2019, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Could you let me know shipping to Ontario Canada. But really looking for a good Ramhorn for cheap.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Krazy613 View Post
Could you let me know shipping to Ontario Canada. But really looking for a good Ramhorn for cheap.
This is far from a "Cheap" exhaust manifold, my friend.
Please PM a full address and postal code, and I'll check it out. Only FEDEX or UPS for shipping international will be allowed, as USPS Global Express only insures up to $375USD, and that is not the value of this exhaust manifold, which is $930USD ($1248.29 CAD).
Old 03-25-2019, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok well I guess it wonít work out since it wonít be insurability and tracked. Iím sorry Iím not saying thatís a cheap one. Iím looking for a cheap but decent Ramhorn and came across this sweet gem lol. Good luck itís pretty awesome
Old 03-25-2019, 03:05 PM

Ok well I guess it wonít work out since it wonít be insurability and tracked. Iím sorry Iím not saying thatís a cheap one. Iím looking for a cheap but decent Ramhorn and came across this sweet gem lol. Good luck itís pretty awesome
That's only if using USPS. If you give me the information, I can gladly give you a quote for UPS or FEDEX.. I only said its underinsurred for USPS (United States Postal Service)...

Let's try that again. please give me a FULL address and postal code.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:36 PM

Alright, never mind, then..... bumping.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan View Post
Alright, never mind, then..... bumping.
One more time
Old 04-08-2019, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Iíve been in the hospital and lost out on work money so I canít afford this now. But somebody must be wanting this. This amazing manifold. Bumping for shodan
Old 04-09-2019, 07:22 AM

Iíve been in the hospital and lost out on work money so I canít afford this now. But somebody must be wanting this. This amazing manifold. Bumping for shodan
Whoa. I hope for you to have a speedy recovery. Thank you for the bump.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Monday bump. How is this still available. Nice piece of functional art lol.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:25 AM

One week Bump
Old 04-27-2019, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Weekend bump. B series turbo
Old 05-09-2019, 01:56 PM

bumping again
Old 05-14-2019, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow I canít believe this not sold. Amazing product be great on a show car. B series turbo B18c
Old 05-27-2019, 06:15 AM

I know, right?
Old 06-03-2019, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Monday bump for the shodan. Good luck amazing product
Old 06-20-2019, 11:18 AM

Monday bump for the shodan. Good luck amazing product
bumping again
Old 07-07-2019, 05:02 AM

bumping again
Bumping
Old 07-08-2019, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bumping

Bumpitie bump bump
Old 07-10-2019, 08:21 PM
Global Moderator

Very nice sir... bump