Notices
Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

Originality is the key(crx 1986 hf)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Originality is the key(crx 1986 hf)

Ive been building hondas for 15 years now and what Ive learned is no matter how hard you try your car is going to be just like some one else's. I started a 96 civic 4 door sedan project, but my heart wasn't really in it and that's when it went up for sale and the search began for a non rusty 1st gen crx hf. After looking for months I finally found a solid chassis.

Overall the car is in good shape, it does need a new bumper headlight and a side marker. Future plans include swap, suspension, new seats, wheels and a whole lot of custom pieces.

Modified by AFTERZERO at 1:41 AM 8/17/2008
Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Originality is the key(crx 1986 hf) (AFTERZERO)

how much did you pick that up for?

and where from
Old 08-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Originality is the key(crx 1986 hf) (bokals)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bokals &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much did you pick that up for?

and where from</TD></TR></TABLE>

Picked it up from a buddy of mine and it was very cheap.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Banned

Looks great for it's age, and paint. What motor you want to swap? I , myself am building a JDN Si Ballade Sport clone, and I highly recommend the ZC/D16A1 swap for it's price and drivability. I still get about 38mpg. Not bad for a low 15sec car with full interior, A/C, and no real tuning and tweaking. Looks good though. At almost $4.00/gallon it may be worth more keeping it HF stock. You've heard of Redpepperracing.com correct?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (85ZC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 85ZC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks great for it's age, and paint. What motor you want to swap? I , myself am building a JDN Si Ballade Sport clone, and I highly recommend the ZC/D16A1 swap for it's price and drivability. I still get about 38mpg. Not bad for a low 15sec car with full interior, A/C, and no real tuning and tweaking. Looks good though. At almost $4.00/gallon it may be worth more keeping it HF stock. You've heard of Redpepperracing.com correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im most likely going to put a b series swap in the car. Gas prices are killer thankfully I have a honda fit for a daily driver I average 40mpg and yes I heard of redpperracing.com very good site for fist gen crx and civic.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (AFTERZERO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AFTERZERO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Im most likely going to put a b series swap in the car. Gas prices are killer thankfully I have a honda fit for a daily driver I average 40mpg and yes I heard of redpperracing.com very good site for fist gen crx and civic.</TD></TR></TABLE>Why trash the few fuel economy civics that are left? The biggest problem people who are concerned with fuel economy and are shopping for a car encounter are cars that have been riced out with engine swaps.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (imzjustplayin)

nice pickup man So did you sell the 4dr? Any parts for sale? I keep debating on selling my car to and picking up a crx...I can never make up my mind tho.

Cant wait to see what you got in store in this
Old 08-19-2008, 01:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imzjustplayin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why trash the few fuel economy civics that are left? The biggest problem people who are concerned with fuel economy and are shopping for a car encounter are cars that have been riced out with engine swaps. </TD></TR></TABLE>

go away. if he bought it to resell it, i'd understand your point. b series aren't horrible gas guzzlers either...

nice project.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (E-AT_me)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imzjustplayin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why trash the few fuel economy civics that are left? The biggest problem people who are concerned with fuel economy and are shopping for a car encounter are cars that have been riced out with engine swaps. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Because I bought this car with the intentions of building a different fun car, not for re sale.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NotoriousEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice pickup man So did you sell the 4dr? Any parts for sale? I keep debating on selling my car to and picking up a crx...I can never make up my mind tho.

Cant wait to see what you got in store in this </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea four door is gone it looked too damn big in my garage, I do have the comptech rear sway bar and tie combo, comptech strut bar and the five lug still.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AFTERZERO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Because I bought this car with the intentions of building a different fun car, not for re sale.

Yea four door is gone it looked too damn big in my garage, I do have the comptech rear sway bar and tie combo, comptech strut bar and the five lug still. </TD></TR></TABLE>Well considering what you've done with all your other cars, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up selling it. That point aside, what you're doing still means that you just took a fuel economy monster off the road and that is what annoys me.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why does that annoy you? what annoys me is the fact that car companies are allowed to get away with cars that get "good" gas mileage. aka above 25mpg!! my 91 Si gets 35-38mpg everyday!!

anyways, looks like it will be a fun project, and don't let anyone stop you from your plans..
Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hell yeah..happy to see you got a rex, i wouldnt know what to do if i didnt have mine....cant wait to see some progress on this
Old 08-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

clean foundation... the red stripe sets the car off well!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:29 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (E-AT_me)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E-AT_me &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why does that annoy you? what annoys me is the fact that car companies are allowed to get away with cars that get "good" gas mileage. aka above 25mpg!! my 91 Si gets 35-38mpg everyday!!

anyways, looks like it will be a fun project, and don't let anyone stop you from your plans.. </TD></TR></TABLE>yeah but cars that get fuel economy 47city 56highway, aren't hybrids and are cheap are few and far between especially because of ricers.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imzjustplayin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah but cars that get fuel economy 47city 56highway, aren't hybrids and are cheap are few and far between especially because of ricers.</TD></TR></TABLE>
so what, everyone with a modified honda/acura pisses you off because they are not stock...all hondas were made for cheap transportation, and gas mileage. we chose to build them up, dont like it get off honda-tech
Old 08-21-2008, 09:03 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (NotoriousEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NotoriousEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so what, everyone with a modified honda/acura pisses you off because they are not stock...all hondas were made for cheap transportation, and gas mileage. we chose to build them up, dont like it get off honda-tech </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a lot worse to do stupid mods like this to a fuel econo box than to simply a regular civic not because I think all cars should be fuel econo boxes, but because the fuel economy versions are few and far between unlike the standard versions. You can get the same weight savings as the fuel econobox versions simply by removing parts that a lot of people already remove.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imzjustplayin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's a lot worse to do stupid mods like this to a fuel econo box than to simply a regular civic not because I think all cars should be fuel econo boxes, but because the fuel economy versions are few and far between unlike the standard versions. You can get the same weight savings as the fuel econobox versions simply by removing parts that a lot of people already remove.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-21-2008, 02:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AFTERZERO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

You're killing a classic fuel economy monster, I care and others care. Why can't you [freak] up something nobody cares about like an 1988 accord or something of the like.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imzjustplayin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You're killing a classic fuel economy monster, I care and others care. Why can't you [freak] up something nobody cares about like an 1988 accord or something of the like.</TD></TR></TABLE>
quit ruining his thread with your "fuel econmy monster" nobody cares what you think/have to say so gtfo
Old 08-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You're killing a classic fuel economy monster, I care and others care. Why can't you [freak] up something nobody cares about like an 1988 accord or something of the like.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok I think I can help you with your gas problems.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:25 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (NotoriousEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NotoriousEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">quit ruining his thread with your "fuel econmy monster" nobody cares what you think/have to say so gtfo </TD></TR></TABLE>
https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1

Nobody cares huh? He's going to rice out this vehicle, like we need another [freak]ing ricer..
Old 08-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default whaaaa! My milk's too warm. . . .

Go cry somewhere else. Its his car; he can do whatever he wants to it, even set it on fire if that's what makes him happy. If you want to save one, stop being a vagina and go buy one, or ten or a hundred and do whatever you want with them.

By the same reasoning the last thing the word needs is another whinny d-bag, but here you are. . .
Old 08-24-2008, 10:02 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: whaaaa! My milk's too warm. . . . (Top Ramen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Top Ramen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go cry somewhere else. Its his car; he can do whatever he wants to it, even set it on fire if that's what makes him happy. If you want to save one, stop being a vagina and go buy one, or ten or a hundred and do whatever you want with them.

By the same reasoning the last thing the word needs is another whinny d-bag, but here you are. . . </TD></TR></TABLE>
So you're saying that it's worse to be a whiney douchebag than to destroy a classic car for the sake of being rice. What he was doing to that '98 4 door sedan was ADMIRABLE and an improvement, but this is anything but.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:14 PM

Default Re: whaaaa! My milk's too warm. . . . (imzjustplayin)

So...if this guy just stopped his plans, and decided to keep his car stock, you'd walk away feeling mission accomplished?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: whaaaa! My milk's too warm. . . . (JimmyHoffa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JimmyHoffa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So...if this guy just stopped his plans, and decided to keep his car stock, you'd walk away feeling mission accomplished? </TD></TR></TABLE>I don't have a "mission", I'm just sad when I see classic cars go into the car compactor because they've accumulated undesirable traits over the years. Because the insurance companies have devalued older cars themselves despite even well known classic status, then the owner too fails to see the value in the car and so they get junked.

Quick Reply: Originality is the key(crx 1986 hf)