Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Classic Hondas (https://honda-tech.com/forums/classic-hondas-106/)
-   -   New to FWD, new to Honda, new-to-me 1987 Civic 4dr (https://honda-tech.com/forums/classic-hondas-106/new-fwd-new-honda-new-me-1987-civic-4dr-3024655/)

1cool87Civic 02-06-2012 03:13 PM

New to FWD, new to Honda, new-to-me 1987 Civic 4dr

Hey guys!

My name is Ed and I just picked up an '87 Civic sedan. She's got a 5spd, D15, and a gnarly rattle can paint job. I picked it up because it runs well, and I thought it would look good stanced out on some Diamond Racing steelies or TE37 knock offs.

I'll be trolling through here for lowering info, because from what I've heard, it's not as simple as throwing sleeves and coils on.

Also, I'll be looking into the dual weber carb setup:)

Well, yeah that's about it!

E-AT_me 02-07-2012 03:10 AM

Re: New to FWD, new to Honda, new-to-me 1987 Civic 4dr

springs/sleeves are avaible for the rear, but for the front you will have to re-index the torsien bars. it's a good idea to get shorter shaft shocks/extended top hats (make yourself) and new stiffer t-bars.

knockoff TE37's. forget the diamonds, especially for about the same cost.

StreetsideStig 02-10-2012 07:37 AM

Welcome to HT! Post some pics when you get the chance!

Gustav129 02-10-2012 10:28 AM

Hey you are not too far from me! Welcome!

You can also check out redpepperracing.com (a few of us are on both, like E-AT_me and I), and check out the Kakabox build thread. He's in Seattle. Lots of great ideas for fabbing your own stuff.

I passed up a sedan that was traded in to the dealership I work at a few months ago, because it was an automatic. If you are ever up in Spokane, I'll keep an eye out for you. 3g Civics/1g CRXs always catch my eye.

1cool87Civic 02-11-2012 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by E-AT_me (Post 46816295)
springs/sleeves are avaible for the rear, but for the front you will have to re-index the torsien bars. it's a good idea to get shorter shaft shocks/extended top hats (make yourself) and new stiffer t-bars.

knockoff TE37's. forget the diamonds, especially for about the same cost.

How do you go about cambering out the wheels? Again, as far as my research goes, all I've found is shims and 1st gen 'Teggy LCA's will get you about 1deg of negative camber.

1cool87Civic 02-11-2012 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Gustav129 (Post 46838390)
Hey you are not too far from me! Welcome!

You can also check out redpepperracing.com (a few of us are on both, like E-AT_me and I), and check out the Kakabox build thread. He's in Seattle. Lots of great ideas for fabbing your own stuff.

I passed up a sedan that was traded in to the dealership I work at a few months ago, because it was an automatic. If you are ever up in Spokane, I'll keep an eye out for you. 3g Civics/1g CRXs always catch my eye.

I actually picked this one up off Craigslist in Spokane! $800 and she is all mine. Do you know of any good garages for motor work in the area? Old girl likes to bog out around 4k rpms, she is burning some oil(rings), and she dies on me quite often. I'd be turning the wrenches on her, but I just moved into an apartment in Pullman, coming from Olympia.

RunNoelRun 02-11-2012 12:35 PM

Welcome. Wagons are hella sick.

89_accord 02-13-2012 06:59 PM

Welcome and post pics!