Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Classic Hondas (https://honda-tech.com/forums/classic-hondas-106/)
-   -   Kansas City area - need someone who knows carbs (https://honda-tech.com/forums/classic-hondas-106/kansas-city-area-need-someone-who-knows-carbs-3328353/)

belay70 10-04-2018 07:37 AM

Kansas City area - need someone who knows carbs

Ive an 83 Accord sedan that I need to get running reliably, and I need a carby person to come over and diagnose an idle issue. May not be the carb, but its as good a place to start as any. Im willing to pay you for your time. I live in KC and wouldnt want to trouble anyone too far out, but if you live locally and wouldnt mind a trip over to my house, maybe we can arrange something?

GrumpyOne 10-15-2018 03:13 AM

Re: Kansas City area - need someone who knows carbs

This may not be the answer you're looking for but if your locality permits it, Get rid of the original carb with a simple Weber replacement. Such is usually available on eBay...

belay70 10-15-2018 06:54 AM

Yeah, Ive thought of simply doing that as well, and still might, but the $300 plus price tag is a bit much....also not sure which model to get? I see two different types of weber carbs that say they will fit - a 32/36 and a 38/38, I think? I have an 83 accord sedan with the 1.8 EK1 engine...

GrumpyOne 10-22-2018 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by belay70 (Post 51753954)
Yeah, Ive thought of simply doing that as well, and still might, but the $300 plus price tag is a bit much....also not sure which model to get? I see two different types of weber carbs that say they will fit - a 32/36 and a 38/38, I think? I have an 83 accord sedan with the 1.8 EK1 engine...

WEBER Carburetors distributed by Redline : Honda

letank 10-29-2018 07:07 AM

Idle!, what is the exact problem, not holding idle... gas varies with seasons, or a lapse in the ethanol content, my old cars and motorbike have varying idle with different tank fill...

Otherwise it can be as simple as old spark plugs, or fuel filter... not sure about the 83, but the 85 3rd gen civic have 2 fuel filters... one is hard to reach and seldom replaced...

GrumpyOne 11-05-2018 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by belay70 (Post 51753954)

You need to invest in a phone call to one of the distributors.

If you wish to continue with the troublesome original equipment, knowledgeable carburetor people having intimate knowledge of the EPA inspired 3 bbl original will eat up the cost of a Weber in short order...