Notices
Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

EVENT NEWS for anyone close to the Atlanta area...

Old 01-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EVENT NEWS for anyone close to the Atlanta area...

Many of you will remember last year, we (Nostalgic Japanese Street Fighters) held three, what we call.... successful, meets. No less than 50 cars at EACH event. Well it appears that things are only getting better. Our first meet this year will be at the same place as our last one:

Mary Alice Park in Cumming, GA

Here is where the fun kicks in. The second meet will be at Road Atlanta during The Mitty/HSR. We have been, for the last couple of months, been advertised, in GRM, as being participants in the Sportscars Of Japan which will showcase the old school era of Japanese cars. We will be running parade laps around the track. We plan on having a few people at different areas to put this on film.

The very next meet, I have had confirmed this morning, will take place on July 4. I had the pleasure of accepting the invite to have our meet held at a local Atlanta area Fourth of July festival at the Georgia International Horse Park. This draws thousands of people every year culminating in a big fireworks show that night. They asked if we wanted to actually be in the festival and to hold a People's Choice Awards for the cars. They are also going to be advertising us, in newspapers and websites, as participants in the festival.

This is very big and very good news for us as we try to make something happen on this side of the land. We can only hope that this leads us to even bigger and better things.

Thanks for the read and pics and video will be available as these events transpire.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EVENT NEWS for anyone close to the Atlanta area...

huh. maybe i should get my car ready for the mitty.. if it's old enough for your qualifications... i didn't see anything about that.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E-AT_me
huh. maybe i should get my car ready for the mitty.. if it's old enough for your qualifications... i didn't see anything about that.
Hail yeah your car is in. 1986 falls into the "if your car's chassis code was made by 1985" thing. Your car was 1984-1987 so, by way of the grandfather clause, you're in. Bring it on down. This isn't for any specific people. It's for everyone with 1985 or older cars.

Definitely would like to have you down for it or any of the events. Later, QD.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okie.. i guess i need to start working on it again.. but the low is 1 tonight..