Notices
Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

87 Si turbo ZC

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 Si turbo ZC

sup guys. havent been on here in awhile so... this is my latest project. picked this up last weekend for $1500. I paid $1500 for it because i was a dumb *** and rushed the sale. i probably could have bought this car for $1000 but ive wanted this car for about 6 years now and jumped all over it when i saw it was FS. One of the other reasons im a dumb *** is i was told the car simply had a wiring issue and wouldnt start. the car did have a wiring issue and the motor wasnt locked up so i bought it. Turns out for some reason or another the wrist pins in cylinders 1 and 3 were seized in the rods and i assume the head started lifting because there was coolant in the oil. thats just what i think though because the headgasket was blown, it looked fairly new actually. But **** happens. Ive order all the new parts i need and have everything so now i just have to put it back together. this was actually a very good running motor before it was turbocharged and the last owner got ahold of it. The turbo install was pretty clean but the ebay took a **** and is completely locked up. It has what looks like a SSAC ramhorn mani thats been braced, i dont mind the manifolds too much. A hks ssq bov and a turbo XS wastegate thats missing a few screws and didnt have a vacuum line hooked up to it or any line, is that normal? heres a list of whats done to the car

-87 JDM ZC
-Aem cam gears
-Tokico allumina 5 ways
-Ground control rear coilovers
-RPR rear panhard bar (painted to macth)
-obo0 conversion
-PR3 ecu and crome
-AEM wideband
-Apexi SAFC (not hooked up)
-Rs limited split 5 wheels (gun metal w/ polished lip)

As of right now i have new
-ACL bearing (rods and mains)
-all new gaskets
-New guages (tach & shift light, oil pressure, fuel pressure, UEGO)
-STD bore Vitara's and rings
-pg6 rods ( i know what your thinking. im only going to run low boost and don't plan to make anymore than 200hp right now)
-New Garret turbo

i have a brand new garrett turbo but i dont know much about it other than its new and in excellent condition. on the inlet side it says Garrett A/R 42 m24. On the outlet is says A/R 1.32 m2. Can anyone tell me anything about this turbo power wise? It was only $150 so id say i did alright for a new Garrett. much better than the Ebay turbo that was on it

I will take pics ASAP and take pics when i put the motor back together. oh and can anyone tell me how to wire up the SAFC. thanks guys
Attached Images  
Old 12-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 87 Si turbo ZC

The greatest collective knowledge about these cars and turbo'ing them is over at www.redpepperracing.com. Do a member search for "sawchuck" who has the cleanest, most powerful turbo'ed 1st gen on the planet.

If the body is rust free, your purchase price is nothing to be ashamed about.

Scott
Old 12-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cbstd
The greatest collective knowledge about these cars and turbo'ing them is over at www.redpepperracing.com. Do a member search for "sawchuck" who has the cleanest, most powerful turbo'ed 1st gen on the planet.

If the body is rust free, your purchase price is nothing to be ashamed about.

Scott
yes i am a member over there as well. the guy that built the car is also a member but rarely gets on these days. the body is actually in very good condition. the only rust is on the sunroof
Attached Images      
Old 12-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

interesting color... that center red panel made the car worth that much more at least, and good luck finding another nose panel... you could also just opt for heeltoes' Fiberglass or carbon fiber one piece hood... nice find!!
Old 12-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The nose panel (more correctly called a "header panel") is available from eBay.

Have you gotten under the car to look for rust? Specially around the panhard mount?

Scott
Old 12-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i remember that car..

that was like 6? years ago..