Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

87 accord 2.0 2B carb. distributor assistance please.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 87 accord 2.0 2B carb. distributor assistance please.

I broke the cardinal rule. Relied on memory, not pictures/notes. Went to replace the inner seal on the distributor. I never saw any mention of a bearring being covering the seal, but there is one. I dont recall where the washer went in the mix. I thought it went on top of the bearring which is on top of the seal. I am now in doubt, thinking it may go on between the seal and bearring.

Anyine have any insight? Also the bearring has the little seal that goes around the outside of the inner race. Maybe to keep grease in and other stuff out. That ring was broken, and auto stores dont carry it for replacement. My thoughts were to clean the bearring, pack it with some grease and refit the ring in place and place it back in upside down so it would have constant presssure to maintain its position. I know its likely not ideal, but need to get this thing back together.

Thanks in advance
Grinder_1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: