Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

84 crx with issues

Old 05-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 84 crx with issues

Picked this car up yesterday and had the header panel blow off and the brakes fail on my way home, want to make it into a decent little commuter but fix it up some as well. As of now my plans are to replace the stock 13s with some 15s, add a small system and make it handle/brake like its supposed to and if its possible upgrade parts as i go

Old 05-09-2019, 04:57 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 84 crx with issues

Looks like a fair starting point!

Sucks about the brakes
Old 05-10-2019, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0 View Post
Sucks about the brakes
Gives me an excuse to modernize the brakes 😉

As far as the fair starting point it seems to be in solid shape other than the wing being broken, header panel blowing away, and brake failure... Gonna try to find a fix for the dash crumbling apart, missing spare tire cover, gotta figure out how to re-key the cute little storage compartment behind the seats, would like to change the interior color as it is way to 80s blue for me, needs suspension work and a couple minor body things but should make a good commuter
Old 05-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's usually a bad sign when the car literally falls apart while you are driving it home! Well, I wish you luck on your endeavor...
Old 05-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid View Post
It's usually a bad sign when the car literally falls apart while you are driving it home! Well, I wish you luck on your endeavor...
Hence it being parked pending some money thrown at it, wanna replace the brake system since it failed and guess i have to swap to the civic front end, oh well.

Anyone know what all i can use from other cars to make a "factory" larger brakes set up? I know i need larger wheels and plan to run 15s
Old 05-18-2019, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got most of the parts in for fixing the car, still hunting for some soft brake lines and waiting for the other drum, master cylinder, shoes, and wheel cylinder to show up as well but have new calipers, rotors, pads, struts, a wheel cylinder, and a drum in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: