Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

83 Honda Ballade (Civic ? ) What should I do?

Old 11-24-2016, 03:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 83 Honda Ballade (Civic ? ) What should I do?

I'm busy restoring an 83 that belongs to my mother. She just jumped into a '16 Honda City so as you can understand, she's over the old car, which she bought new btw.

I've always had ideas to turbo the thing with a D15 and keep it really stock. I just wanted it to have a little more power and maybe be a little bit more fun, but now I'm not so sure. From my limited research, the EW1 engines don't respond well to boost. If I want to convert to FI, that too will be a pain. So IF im planning to do a motor swap, I could look at the following

D15/16 Turbo (probably the cheapest engine)
B16 with box, plain and simple. (most expensive combo)
B18 Frankie (we don't get the b18c here)
B20b turbo (engines are cheap too)

I'll probably want to do brakes too, but wanting to keep the 13's it might be a problem.

In the meantime, im cleaning up the interior and making her like new. The paintwork will come too... sometime lol.

Or is the project insane and I should keep it stock ?
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: