Notices
Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

2nd gen civic springs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd gen civic springs.

i know theres a set out there, i went through the fs/wtb and our amazing parts locator list but i cant find them again. i found a link for them on EBAY one time but i cant for the life of me find that link again. if anyone knows it would they please pass it on... before anyone gets on my case i did a search as per protocol and came up with nothing. thanks for the help. and JUST in case no one can locate those springs for me on EBAY any one have any input on the EF or EH2 spring swap? was it difficult? is it a bigginer or novice diy kinda thing or am i gonna have to take it to a shop?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2nd gen civic springs.

Start here :

http://www.1stgencivic.org/world/c1z...6efad9e91a76d1

You'll see there was a UK company who made some, but not for the wagon. Some people have cut coils, others heated them. I ordered a set of cheap coilovers for a 90 civic, and am going to figure out how to make them work. My wagon had a set of DC Integra struts and springs on it when I bought it, and the rear axle leaf springs were some how flipped against them selves.

I'll need to figure out how to get the rear lowered, but I've heard you can remove all but the main spring to get it low, but I might try the old mini-truck trick and see what I can make happen with a block.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats the link i was looking for... i would think we would be closer with those than with the EF springs... but im no expert on this particular car... yet... and i knew the rears were leafs so im thinking mini truckin' it sounds like a pretty decent idea, i dont wanna lose too much spring rate in the rear and not be able to tow my bike back and forth to the shop when it needs stuff done...
Old 10-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quickdodge, who is a friend of mine and on this site, had an 82 wagon back in the day and I think he dumped it by removing all but the main leaf spring in the back and that brought it way *** down. Worth a shot, but I'm going to see what we come up with.

Good luck man !