Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

1988 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Old 01-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Trial User

Default 1988 Honda Accord LX Sedan

[B]I lost all gears, I think.
Bought car 4 days ago had no 5th gear others fine....2 days ago a loud boom thud bam like I hit and drove over a 50 gallon metal drum. A couple miles later like 2 tried to drive up a steep hill car made grind sound and stopped. Boyfriend got car down to flat level parked it...lost reverse, 1st, 2nd, then drove 3 blocks home parked car. Have not drove since. Car starts right up sounds great tested today went into 1st drove 5 ft started grinding sound listen to my man and let car roll back into spot..cant move shifter out of 1st....shut car off.
Looked under hood oily substance spewed up from below on lower left corner of engine on drivers side.
Today car was started shifted into all gears then got stuck and shut it down.
I have no idea about anything and am in need of help. I am willing to listen and check things out if anyone could please guide me as to what to do and how to fix. I have a young child and its snowing and cold outside everyones had a hard past year I know. But please if anyone can help me out that be grand and very very much appreciated.
Thank you