1975 CVCC Wagon 5 speed project... - Page 3 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

1975 CVCC Wagon 5 speed project...

Old 12-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1975 CVCC Wagon 5 speed project...

Originally Posted by dilbeckskate View Post
lol my 79 d16zc swap has been over the course of like 4 years of the car being down and I went months without opening it for a while or just pumping the tires up and TBH man id sell the K-Swap and just go D/B Series, you are looking at fully 10-15k + in parts/labor with custom fabricated mounts, throwing the weight balance of the car off from how far forward the K-Swap has to sit in the bay and the axles are at facked up angles from the same problem. Axles have to be made, custom pedal assembly, will need a fully custom engine and dash harness, custom aftermarket universal compact radiator and brake master/slave. and a fully custom fuel system the OEM tank/lines will not support 175+ hp . The cost of power per $$$ the D/B is a much bettter option and you dont have to worry about obd2 evap/emissions related issues. If its been there since july and no motor in it yet id 110% sell it and go D-Series and id punch your fabricator in the nutts because my swap start to finish was under 2 weeks in the fab shop and thats taking their time, whats required cutting etc for the swap is all documented under my build thread . Good luck and would like to see some progress.
Finally a good critique of my project, but unfortunately with many falsehoods sprinkled in your little diatribe....

1. As for custom mounts, it's currently using Hasport mounts made for the K-series (off the shelf items).
2. Chassis reinforcements are required to position engine in a optimal position for axles and to stiffen up a 43 year old chassis for new power level of my engine.
3. Wilwood hanging pedal assembly with individual reservoirs for both brake and clutch, again another off the shelf item.
4. Engine install and electrical will be done in my garage by me, I am a retired aviation electronics technician of 24 years, if I can wire up an F-18, EA6-B and an F-14, I can wire up a car.
5. Axles are made locally here in SoCal, no issue there.
6. Fuel system will be a fuel cell in the back of the wagon with custom lines.
7. Emissions are not an issue since it's a very rare 1975 wagon.
8. Power is relative, but a D or B will never match the updated K-series which is superior in every way.
9. This particular K-series hold a special place in my heart since this was in my CTR which I raced at Castle Combe (UK), Spa-FrancorChamps (Belgium) and the Nurburgring (Germany). So no, this particular engine will not be sold.
10. I have plenty of time to complete this and due to my retired status, I have the funds.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol you might be using Hasport mounts but they arent meant for a 1G chassis... lol all the mount locations will still have to be fabricated in the chassis. Yes chassis reinforcements are required because you are cutting the frame rail out multiple inches on both sides for clearance. yes the wilwood hanging pedal assembly are off the shelf but its nowhere a bolt in or cut and paste application all the linkage in a 1g runs over to the passenger side of the car . Fuel Cell to pass any kind of spec for track ex: track day or drag strip etc has to be fire walled off to separate driver from fuel tank (same problem ive ran into) and have to firewall off the back of the car to keep it legal soo you dont get rear ended and flaming gas goes all over the interior cabin. and again you dont understand what wiring entails putting it into a 1st gen chassis you are going to need a complete donor car for wiring and emissions systems (evap sensors etc can put car in limp mode) unles you want to spend thousands on a stand alone .... again if you are interested in seeing what cutting/fabrication is needed for a d-series alone please look in my swap thread ... the Kseries is larger and like I said will require fully fabricated mount locations and xmember etc .... feel free too look at the other kseries 1g car thats been plastered all over the internet its mostly a front end tube chassis. again if the kswap isnt in the car I wouldnt push forward with it and just save it for something else IMO but every thing I stated was correct . Also to put k motor in optimal position you speak of it would be in the drivers cabin literally cut the firewall out to make the axles straight ... which is why I stated (you can see ANY swapped 1g) the motor is always in front of the hubs soo it always throws weight balance off because you cant put it any closer to the firewall...
Old 12-21-2018, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If I was a betting man (sometimes am) ... its not in fab shop its sitting on the scissor lift just as was in pictures just with no motor in it ..... you dont just drop off a car and motor/trans at a fab shop and say here make it work ANY fabricator guy unless hes a honda guru doesnt know about the chassis or swap and given that theres no reference material its you as the car owners job to know what parts to use and off what years and what swap mounts are going to be used to get the mounts to locations where they can be fabricated into the chassis . Also in any of the pictures theres never a trans or harness etc on his kswap in the garage or anywhere to be seen. .... over 6 months and not a single update... not a single question on referencing whats needed ..... not a single picture of cutting or the first bit of material being welded into the chassis ... theres no way the fab guy has just been doing it and he hasnt been coming to look at it or anything and NO fabrication shop has a turn around of better part of a year even if they were backed up last jan/feb ... sorry to **** on this thread but case closed proof or just be straight up
Old 12-21-2018, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid View Post
Finally a good critique of my project, but unfortunately with many falsehoods sprinkled in your little diatribe....

9. This particular K-series hold a special place in my heart since this was in my CTR which I raced at Castle Combe (UK), Spa-FrancorChamps (Belgium) and the Nurburgring (Germany). So no, this particular engine will not be sold.
bullshit..... proof or stfu
lol every single thread you have had is some misc stupid wtb or a question nothing pertaining to and been member long enough and active on here long enough to where that car and your racing "career" would have been current and you would have talked about it
Old 12-21-2018, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm glad you are a betting man but I see reading comprehension is a weak point for you, those photos are in my personal garage at my home as stated in my photos. I'm not a very good welder nor do I know anything about building structures to endure the rigors of daily driving so hence the need to get a fabricator. All those pics are taken in my home garage and as for the engine and tranny, they are complete and tucked away in my garage. As for my fab guy, he has had multiple dealings with Hondas and does have a spare K-series block and tranny for mock up to place inside the bay for test fitting. As for progress, there has been very little and it is being currently addressed.

This is a public forum, so you are free to pass judgement on any thread here.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bullshit..... proof or stfu
lol every single thread you have had is some misc stupid wtb or a question nothing pertaining to and been member long enough and active on here long enough to where that car and your racing "career" would have been current and you would have talked about it
Well, I have raced in all those tracks and I never mentioned a racing "career", I'm assuming track days and local club racing don't count? My apologies for not providing proof but do I really need to impress you?
Like I stated earlier, this is a public forum and if this thread is not to your liking, you are free to peruse other threads that are up to your standards.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid View Post
Well, I have raced in all those tracks and I never mentioned a racing "career", I'm assuming track days and local club racing don't count? My apologies for not providing proof but do I really need to impress you?
Like I stated earlier, this is a public forum and if this thread is not to your liking, you are free to peruse other threads that are up to your standards.
lol soo a track day for you is shipping your car to different country's to race ? yea ok lol im sorry for being negative on your post but not much backing up your claims or swap progress
Old 01-02-2019, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol soo a track day for you is shipping your car to different country's to race ? yea ok lol im sorry for being negative on your post but not much backing up your claims or swap progress
Well, now I really wish I saw this before I posted such a positive comment on your build thread. Apparently you are still childish in your comments but I forgive you for that.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its all good man I really want your thread to be constructive and posting up progress , we will see PLEASE post us up some Kswap progress id love to be not the only guy actually swapping a 1g on here

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: