TEKNOTIK PRESENTS: HT-8 MEET 2012 - JULY 22 '12 - MOSPORT RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 TEKNOTIK PRESENTS: HT-8 MEET 2012 - JULY 22 '12 - MOSPORT RACEWAY

TEKNOTIK PRESENTS: HT-8 MEET 2012 - JULY 22 '12 - MOSPORT RACEWAY

Hello Everyone!

This meet has been a long time in the making but Teknotik.com is pleased to announce the H-T Meet 2012 - Canada's largest Honda and Acura gathering of the year on July t 22nd, Mosport Raceway! This is once again a FREE Event!

Last event was an amazing turnout with over 1300+ cars and this year will be even better with the anticipation that has been building for this event once again. We already have crews heading in from all over Canada to attend and once again show Honda-Tech some of Canada's finest!

If you missed it in the past or have never been this year is only going to be bigger and better so be sure to make plans to be there!

Not only is there ample parking at this facility, but those looking to show of thier skills can take part in the track day and test your Honda/Acura around the corners of Mosports DDT Track. More Details and Sign up to Follow.

Come enjoy the day, BBQ, take some pics, meet other Honda/Acura enthusiasts!

Any questions about this event or those looking to make arrangements for large groups, clubs, or out of town guests feel free to contact me directly at 416-907-3851 or eric@teknotik.com. If you have a business and would like to support the community through this event, inquiries are welcome. Interested in helping out? Volunteers are the key to making this event run smoothly please let me know if you are interested in getting involved.

Again, thanks to everyone for their support and I look forward to seeing you there.

Eric
www.teknotik.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Teknotik.com presents:
HT8 Meet- July 22 2012

The date is: July 22 2012
Time: 11am-6pm
3233 Concession Rd. # 10, Bowmanville, ON L1C 3K6

Meet and Greet/Show and shine open to everyone, lots of parking!

Track Day - Pre- registration is required. More info to Follow.

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE LATEST UPDATES!

http://www.facebook.com/events/340375546034372/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Missed the last one? Here is a recap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofPCM...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TEKNOTIK PRESENTS: HT-8 MEET 2012 - JULY 22 '12 - MOSPORT RACEWAY

I can't wait for this one Erik!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Titanium Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't want to miss this one!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Track registration now open!!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello Everyone!

We've been getting a lot of questions in regards to H-T 8. We've taken the time to answer some of those questions.

When is Honda-Tech 8?

Honda Tech 8 for 2012 is taking place Sunday July 22 9th 2012. The meet will begin at 11am and end at 6pm. Canada's largest Honda and Acura gathering of the year will take place at Canadian Tire Mosport Motorsport Park - DDT Track.

What can I expect from Honda-Tech 8?

Welcome to Canada’s largest Honda and Acura gathering of the year on July 22nd, Mosport Raceway just minutes outside the city Toronto, Canada! This event is open to all Honda and Acura Enthusiasts. Be ready for this once a year celebration of all things Honda – from highly modified street cars to fully built race cars, from two wheeled motorcycles to daily driven 4 doors , from a 1978 Civic to fresh of the lot 2012 – If its has a “H” or an “A” on the hood expect to see it there. If you have a Honda, no matter what year, condition or history come spend the day in the sun sharing your Honda with other enthusiasts. Its FREE to attend and no pre-registration is required. Just show up and a HT8 staff member will guide you in. If you have never been prepare to be amazed as you are surrounded by over 1500 cars expected with convoys of cars headed from all over Canada (check your local car club to get in on a cruise)!

New for this year we invite you to join us in celebrating the Honda cars that we love so much by putting them to the test around Mosport’s DDT Circuit’s wounderful curves. Every one of these cars are inspired with the racing hermitage Soichiro Honda set forth – and what better a place to prove it! Pre-registration is required and spaces are limited. Check the “TRACK” link at the top of the page for more details.
Come enjoy the day, take some pics and meet other Honda/Acura enthusiasts from all across Canada!

Will there be food there?

YES! BBQ serving hot dogs hamburgers fries etc. and drinks.

How much money is it to get in?

Honda-Tech 8 Meet is once again a free event. There is no cost to enter with or without a vehicle. Registered vehicles will receive a free limited edition H-T 8 t-shirt and H-T 8 crest window sticker (while supplies last). Once again this a FREE Event!

If I have a car do I have to pre register?

No, you do not need to pre register. Upon arrival our friendly staff will be handing out H-T 8 welcome packs. In those welcome packs will have some goodies as well as a H-T 8 registration form. Be sure to fill out the registration and submit it at the registration tent to be eligible for your free t shirt, sticker and prizes!

Can I sign up for JDMRIdes Membership at H-T 8?

YES! JDMRides will have their registration tent there all day. Memberships are still $30, with this you will receive a free T-shirt, pair of JDMRides stickers and access to the JDMRides member section. For full details click the link below:

http://www.teknotik.com/jdmrides/for...ead.php?t=5957

I want my car in the video I see on Youtube.

When you register you will get a H-T Crest Windshield decal, place the decal on the front windshield to let the videographers know you are a proud supporter of H-T.

I want to go on the track ..... how can I?

We are giving you your chance to show off what your Honda or Acura can do around Mosport DDT circuit live at the Honda Tech Meet.

Spaces are limited so that it gives you plenty of room on the track while keeping the crowd down and lots of track time. Due to the high demand for spaces pre-registration is required. We WILL NOT be accepting
any at the track registrations.

Please see the link below or check honda-tech.ca to register

http://www.jdmrides.ca/forum/honda-t...62#post1501262

Do you want to hear my Vtec or BOV in the parking lot?

No, please drive responsibly at all times whether you are enroute to the meet, leaving the meet and please conduct yourself accordingly in the parking lots there will be many people around so please be safe. We have a zero tolerance policy for EXCESSIVE revving, RIPS, burnouts, doughnout, power slides, drifts, 1 tire fire, neutral drops, coffe can sound boards, etc.

I don't drive a Honda can I still come?

Everyone is welcome at the meet.

Hopfully this gives the new comers and idea of what to expect this weekend. It should be a fun filled, warm and safe weekend for all of us. If there are anymore question please feel free to PM us.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cant wait for this!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be there!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will be at the registration booth come say hi bud!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honda Tech 8: Wrap up and Thank you!

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank and acknowledge all the staff and participants that helped make Honda Tech 8 an overwhelming success – this was hands down the best honda tech event to date. We are proud to announce that we have now confirmed 1648 cars in attendance making this once again the biggest Honda and Acura meet to take place anywhere in Canada! At a new venue for this year we packed every inch of the Mosport facility and made good use of the track as people enjoyed the track all day. We were very fortunate for a sun filled and beautiful day, aside from a few sun burns.

We would like to thank everyone who came out and participated. We had a great collection of cars from all over Ontario, Quebec, and our furthest travelers all the way from Halifax Nova Scotia. Special thanks to the huge groups that made the drive all the way from Ottawa (OHC, RL) and Montreal (club civic QC, UR, MR). I’d also like to thank the various car clubs that shared the event on their forums and facebook.

Be sure to check the Pics and Video section for coverage from JDMRides.ca by many notable photographers including Scott (Scootermedia) and Purbred! You can check out event coverage on JDMRides.ca at: http://www.jdmrides.ca/forum/photo-and-video-gallery-f12.html

You might have seen Chris Harris and his team of videographers throughout the day with the huge boom taking video and recording sound clips. The Official Honda Tech 8 Video will be released in about 3 weeks! Stay tuned to see if your can spot your car!Here is videos from years past: http://www.honda-tech.ca/gallery

Also, please like and join our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/HondaTechMeetCanada to stay in touch and keep up with details on next years meet.

We had an overwhelming requests for Honda Tech T shirts. We will be making a limited run of additional Honda Tech 8 T-Shirts which will be available for purchase for 15$ picked up at Teknotik or 25$ shipped anywhere in Canada. Please email inquiry@teknotik.com if you would like to place an order and Include your shirt size.

Furthermore, we would like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to our Honda Tech 8 Volunteer Staff (everyone you saw wearing a red shirt) as they ensured the day ran smoothly and efficiently. We sincerely appreciate their time, commitment and effort throughout the day. These are the people who helped make this meet so successful! THANK YOU!!!! It takes a huge effort from everyone to make this day run smoothly and our amazing team of volunteers helped everything run without a hitch. It’s is because of these people that this meet happens. If you saw someone in a red shirt know the hard work they put in all day. It takes many people to put this on and teams from front gate, the track, plate covers, parking, registration greeters all make things happen so smoothly. I cant thank these people enough.

I would specifically like to thank JDMRides.ca staff members UpnorthDC5, Ejate, Superdelsol, 1990DX, brownkid, showa, spoonedcivic, Sictoy, Cheesy, bigmac20, blackenesman, KnightX, Rocknrsx, ,Markpa, rodster, nsxna1, Fernando and kitkat. These guys stuck it right out to the end. Hands down to these guys. They went over and above. Also Special thanks to David, Elie and Magalie from Montreal who came all the way to help out.

Also, thanks to Jay, Colin, Marco and Bret who spent countless hours behind these scenes setting the event ready and doing all the things that need to be done ahead of time. I cant even explain how many hours these guys put in to get this meet organized. I truly appreciate their time.

Thanks to Mosport for allowing an event of this size to take over the entire complex. Another special thanks to Platform Entertainment (Alex) who kept the beats spinning all day long!

We would also like to thank our event sponsors for coming out. These are the people who help keep this event FREE. Please show them your appreciation by supporting their events and business. These are the people who give back to the community and help make it what it is!

We look forward to seeing everyone again next year for Honda Tech 9! If you belong to a forum where this is not posted, please share (copy and paste) it with your form!

Eric Daoust
Teknotik.com
eric@teknotik.com

OFFICIAL HONDA TECH MEET SITE: www.honda-tech.ca

SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS: