Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

where would i buy an extra sensor plug for autopage

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where would i buy an extra sensor plug for autopage

Where would i buy an extra sensor plug for an autopage alarm. The alarm has an extra 4-wire port open for an extra sensor. But the two sensors I have don't have the right plug. Where would I get this from?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where would i buy an extra sensor plug for autopage (alacard)

Or could I just splice into the shock sensor plug for all 3 sensors and have 3 different diodes?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: where would i buy an extra sensor plug for autopage (alacard)

Yes, that is the classic problem with all alarms that offer extra sensor ports. Even if you buy that brand's optional sensors, they not even come with a plug, ie DEI's tilt sensor. Fortunately, DEI and many other companies have been using the same plug connector for years in many of their products. So what I do is collect the plugs from the alarm's I replace at work, and I also troll the junkyards for them. If you're really desperate, you can even find them inside of some computers, or you could search through the wire plugs at Comp USA.

I have suggested to DEI that they include harnesses with the alarm, or sell them seperately. But DEI is too big of a monster to waste time on one suggestion, even if it's a hundred people with the same suggestion.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where would i buy an extra sensor plug for autopage (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, that is the classic problem with all alarms that offer extra sensor ports. Even if you buy that brand's optional sensors, they not even come with a plug, ie DEI's tilt sensor. Fortunately, DEI and many other companies have been using the same plug connector for years in many of their products. So what I do is collect the plugs from the alarm's I replace at work, and I also troll the junkyards for them. If you're really desperate, you can even find them inside of some computers, or you could search through the wire plugs at Comp USA.

I have suggested to DEI that they include harnesses with the alarm, or sell them seperately. But DEI is too big of a monster to waste time on one suggestion, even if it's a hundred people with the same suggestion.</TD></TR></TABLE>
haha. It would probably be even harder for me to find a plug with autopage, since its not as common as DEI alarms. I ended up asking a local shop and paying them a few bucks for the plug