Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

audiocontrol EQX

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audiocontrol EQX

i have one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...=WDVW can someone tell me how to adjust it properly? theres too many things to adjust i dont know what to do. i have it all set to 0 and some a little over. i know my system can sound better with this but i dont know what to boost and what to cut.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:19 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: audiocontrol EQX (tca0bell)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tca0bell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...=WDVW can someone tell me how to adjust it properly? theres too many things to adjust i dont know what to do. i have it all set to 0 and some a little over. i know my system can sound better with this but i dont know what to boost and what to cut.</TD></TR></TABLE> link http://www.audiocontrol.com 94
Old 11-20-2004, 06:54 AM

why did you buy something if you dont know how to use it ?
Old 11-20-2004, 08:00 AM

Default Re: audiocontrol EQX (EBP_SI)

i do know how to use it. you turn the ***** around DUH DUMB ****! i dont know how to TUNE it PROPERLY U ****** MORON! why do you think people take their **** to professionals to get it TUNED?! do i look like a ******* audio PROFESSIONAL!? NO! THATS WHY I ****** ASKED U ****** DICK!
Old 11-20-2004, 08:31 AM

n00b has attitude problems... im sure everyone is going to be extra helpful to u since ur sooo nice
Old 11-20-2004, 08:35 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tca0bell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i do know how to use it. you turn the ***** around DUH DUMB ****! i dont know how to TUNE it PROPERLY U ****** MORON! why do you think people take their **** to professionals to get it TUNED?! do i look like a ******* audio PROFESSIONAL!? NO! THATS WHY I ****** ASKED U ****** DICK!</TD></TR></TABLE>

well then...thats quite the choice in vocabulary.

dont call me the dumb ****...i know how to tune an EQ, you dont. if you dont know how to tune it properly then you dont know how to use it. simple as that. you can turn your gain ***** too but does that mean you can properly set them? why not take your car to a professional? we cant sit here and say heres some settings to try...like these

31.5 +3
45 +2
63 +3
90 +6
125 0
180 -2
250 -6
500 +3
1 +4
2 +9
4 +4
8 -4
16 +12

happy? now i'm going to tell you that these could make your system sound like a winner or like ****. you cant tune an EQ over the net. these settings will depend on your musical preferences, your equipment, your install, and your car. so the bottom line is you dont know how to use it and i guess dont want to take it to a professional so you just spent a bit of money to have another component in the trunk. if you did know how to use it you wouldnt have made this post.

btw, what makes someone an audio professional?

thank you and have a nice day

Old 11-20-2004, 08:46 AM

i know how to tune the gain ***** theres a overload led on the eqx. anyways if you didnt have anything helpful to say whyd u say it anyways? you coulda just shuted the **** up and everything woulda been cool but nOooo some dumb dick always has to come in a thread and put his dumbass little comments that pisses the threads creator off and start this whole flame thing. so if anyone has something helpful to say thanks. if u dont have anything helpful to say just SHUT THE **** UP AND SUCK A FAT DICK! thanks!
Old 11-20-2004, 09:03 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tca0bell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know how to tune the gain ***** theres a overload led on the eqx.anyways if you didnt have anything helpful to say whyd u say it anyways? you coulda just shuted the **** up and everything woulda been cool but nOooo some dumb dick always has to come in a thread and put his dumbass little comments that pisses the threads creator off and start this whole flame thing. so if anyone has something helpful to say thanks. if u dont have anything helpful to say just SHUT THE **** UP AND SUCK A FAT DICK! thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're really set on bashing my intelligence arent you. i just cant understand why someone buys something they dont know how to use. what was your original intention when you bought it?

heres my advice. since you've figured out how to turn the ***** on the EQX, tune it trial and error and by what sounds good to you. like i said before, we cant tune your eq over the net...it just doenst work like that. theres no universal settings that work for every car and every setup. if not...take it to a professional you dumb **** lol...

Old 11-20-2004, 09:17 AM

ahahahha alright.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:17 AM

h-t has another e-thug
Old 11-20-2004, 12:16 PM

Default Re: (GSteg)

uh....OOoooooKAY!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are 2 ways to tune ,
By ear or by RTA
What hits all the points on RTA doesnt ness sound best though. Just play with it to get the sound you want .

BTW calm the **** down. Cursing people out wont get you help
Old 11-20-2004, 07:46 PM

Default Re: audiocontrol EQX (itr206)

well depending on the person who is setting the eq, most people do not know wut to listen for. i know a few people who did not know wut they were doing and spent 4 hours trying to get decent sound.

u can know how to turn *****, but if u dont know wut each specific freq sound like, u dont know which freq to turn. u might hear some peaks and can probably find it by order of elimination, its going to take u a long *** time to tune.

i feel the only real way to tune a system is with a rta or freq display of some sort. then u find which freq's u actually have control of. then tune those freq according to ur liking.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:59 AM

Default Re: audiocontrol EQX (ATF Kuk)

i read the audiocontrol manual and it kinda told me what to boost and what to cut. whatever frequencies they didnt tell how to adjust i just putted it at 0. it sounds real good now.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tca0bell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i read the audiocontrol manual and it kinda told me what to boost and what to cut. whatever frequencies they didnt tell how to adjust i just putted it at 0. it sounds real good now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i still say get an RTA
Old 11-21-2004, 06:11 PM

yeah..let me pull one outa my pocket! haha jk..i dont think i need it to be that good i aint gonna enter in any competitions or anything.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tca0bell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah..let me pull one outa my pocket! haha jk..i dont think i need it to be that good i aint gonna enter in any competitions or anything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but isnt that the whole point of the EQX?? to maximize the potential of your system. i mean i'm not about to enter my car into a competition but that doenst mean i'm not going to tune it to the best it can be.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:42 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tca0bell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i do know how to use it. you turn the ***** around DUH DUMB ****! i dont know how to TUNE it PROPERLY U ****** MORON! why do you think people take their **** to professionals to get it TUNED?! do i look like a ******* audio PROFESSIONAL!? NO! THATS WHY I ****** ASKED U ****** DICK!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I suggest you adjust your attitude. You may get away with it here because this forum does not have a moderator, but your time here will be short if you try that **** elsewhere.

I look forward to the day when the Audio/Security/Video forum has a mod.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:13 PM

Default Re: audiocontrol EQX (rochesterricer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rochesterricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I suggest you adjust your attitude. You may get away with it here because this forum does not have a moderator, but your time here will be short if you try that **** elsewhere.

I look forward to the day when the Audio/Security/Video forum has a mod.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i believe we had a mod before. mike m , correct me if im mistaken. but for some reason, he doesnt surf in here anymore.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: audiocontrol EQX

Your best bet is to find a reputable shop that will get the response flattened out with an RTA for you, then allow you to sit in the car while you two tune it by ear to your liking. If you don't want to spend the money for that, get a cheap radio shack dB meter, and a sheet of paper, and make your own graph with a test disc...then adjust as the graph shows is needed to flatten it out, then adjust by ear to your taste. You are not going to realize what this thing can do unless you put some work or money into it. And who cares if you are competing or not, the point of the equipment is to make your music sound as good as possible. I didn't compete when I had an EQL in my car, but I still paid to get some RTA time to get my moneys worth out of it, and it made a world of difference.

Product Choice
Attitude
Old 11-22-2004, 01:07 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: audiocontrol EQX (rochesterricer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rochesterricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I look forward to the day when the Audio/Security/Video forum has a mod.</TD></TR></TABLE> Although I think tcaObell went a little overboard
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tca0bell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i do know how to use it. you turn the ***** around DUH DUMB ****! i dont know how to TUNE it PROPERLY U ****** MORON! why do you think people take their **** to professionals to get it TUNED?! do i look like a ******* audio PROFESSIONAL!? NO! THATS WHY I ****** ASKED U ****** DICK!</TD></TR></TABLE> I can also understand that when you ask for help and one of the first responses is to ask him why he got it in the first place.......
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why did you buy something if you dont know how to use it ?</TD></TR></TABLE> I am sure we all have gotten things we had to learn how to use, and I thought that that was what HT was all about , if you need help, you ask, and someone who knows, will will try and help you, not just **** on you. 94
Old 11-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: audiocontrol EQX (georgelb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by georgelb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your best bet is to find a reputable shop that will get the response flattened out with an RTA for you, then allow you to sit in the car while you two tune it by ear to your liking. If you don't want to spend the money for that, get a cheap radio shack dB meter, and a sheet of paper, and make your own graph with a test disc...then adjust as the graph shows is needed to flatten it out, then adjust by ear to your taste. You are not going to realize what this thing can do unless you put some work or money into it. And who cares if you are competing or not, the point of the equipment is to make your music sound as good as possible. I didn't compete when I had an EQL in my car, but I still paid to get some RTA time to get my moneys worth out of it, and it made a world of difference.

Product Choice
Attitude </TD></TR></TABLE>

So you are stating that you set up %100 on RTA and to your ears that sounds best? I have come to realize when you want to impress judges at a show tune on the RTA. When it comes to real listenable sound quality it all depends on the users ears. I have done it time and time again. And what hits all the points on the RTA doesnt ness sound good at all. Just means you can hit every freq on the chart the way they want it to be seen
Old 11-22-2004, 01:28 PM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So you are stating that you set up %100 on RTA and to your ears that sounds best? I have come to realize when you want to impress judges at a show tune on the RTA. When it comes to real listenable sound quality it all depends on the users ears. I have done it time and time again. And what hits all the points on the RTA doesnt ness sound good at all. Just means you can hit every freq on the chart the way they want it to be seen</TD></TR></TABLE>Ditto that 94
Old 11-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So you are stating that you set up %100 on RTA and to your ears that sounds best? I have come to realize when you want to impress judges at a show tune on the RTA. When it comes to real listenable sound quality it all depends on the users ears. I have done it time and time again. And what hits all the points on the RTA doesnt ness sound good at all. Just means you can hit every freq on the chart the way they want it to be seen</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I did just what I suggested. I had the major peaks and dips flattened out with the help of an RTA, then the tech and myself sat in the car with some of my favorite discs and fine tuned it to give the music some life. I agree 100% that a completely flat response curve is not enjoyable at all.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: audiocontrol EQX (georgelb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by georgelb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, I did just what I suggested. I had the major peaks and dips flattened out with the help of an RTA, then the tech and myself sat in the car with some of my favorite discs and fine tuned it to give the music some life. I agree 100% that a completely flat response curve is not enjoyable at all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok i missunderstood . I will agree an RTA is the best way to get a good platform down.

Quick Reply: audiocontrol EQX