Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

VIper 791XV HELP. Alarm armed and won't respond to remote

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Not to be confused with "THE MAN"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIper 791XV HELP. Alarm armed and won't respond to remote

Just like it says my alarm is armed and my remote will not send signal to alarm to disarm. It will receive that the alarm has been triggered but will not send out. It just behaves like it is out of range.I have had to unplug it for now but I need this working please help.

The shop that installed my alarm did not put a valet switch in my car either. I found a extra LED wire/plug that fits my valet button plug but cannot remember which plug it is or what to do after. I don't know how to dis arm it to reprogram it. the remote I have is 479v main which I assume is bad. What to do guys?

I have a 476V to use till I can replace the 479V. But do not know how to get to the point where I can program it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:38 PM

Default Re: VIper 791XV HELP. Alarm armed and won't respond to remote

PLease help guys or forward to somebody you know that may be of help. I've tried several things and still no luck.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude this is Honda GDD. Not Honda tech. lol

(good luck bro)
Old 08-17-2009, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by THE GUY
Just like it says my alarm is armed and my remote will not send signal to alarm to disarm. It will receive that the alarm has been triggered but will not send out. It just behaves like it is out of range.I have had to unplug it for now but I need this working please help.

The shop that installed my alarm did not put a valet switch in my car either. I found a extra LED wire/plug that fits my valet button plug but cannot remember which plug it is or what to do after. I don't know how to dis arm it to reprogram it. the remote I have is 479v main which I assume is bad. What to do guys?

I have a 476V to use till I can replace the 479V. But do not know how to get to the point where I can program it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
If it CAN recieve the signal to Arm but NOT recieve the signal to disarm, that mean the Channel is either A) Burned out or B) The Alarm Brain is Screwed.

If you have gotten the chance to loook over the wiring leading to the brain, up and around the ignition harness and everything has checked out, I'll back on the alarm brain being screwed.

AND HOW DARE YOUR INSTALLER INSTALL AN ALARM AND NOT GIVE YOU A DAMN VALET SWITCH..

I'd take it back to whoever installed your alarm and tell them to either A) Replace the brain with a new one, B)Remove the alarm and give u your money back AND return the harness to stock.

You can't even put your alarm into program mode without the valet switch so I couldn't tell you how to bypass it.

If you're adamant about getting this thing into Valet mode, you CAN go to a local Audio/Video shop and purchase the valet switch and install it yourself..it's easy as all hell, should have a taped red and black lead with a Blue 2-3 prong insert onto the slot which is color coded on the brain. You can plug it in, And put it in valet mode like that. I'll look up your alarm for you..and if I can, teach you how to bypass your alarm using a relay..it's real easy, gimmie a sec.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

same crap happen to me the same day...lol this is the second time. anyhow the first time was a few months ago, what i did was remove the whole brain, and then you can still start your car and drive without the alarm. leave it off for a bit, plug it back up, it should respond back to remote. if not, try reprogramming your remote. i talked to a friend who install viper alarm, and he said dei said something about using cheap battery causes low discharge and ruins the pcb circuit board...that's just hearsay. my remote is busted now (lcd screen), so this second time i just left the brain out. going to get a different alarm. set off my alarm at night, the neighbors wasn't too happy. seems like they have a predetermined life span. gl
Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 AM

I always keep energizer lithium batteries in mine, and tried a new one as well. Also left the alarm un-hooked for 24 hours and it just picks right back up where it left off.

I believe it is the remote that is the issue not the brain, it randomly wigs out now that it got a bit wet. I'm going to get a valet button in just a little bit.

I've called the shop that the installer works at just to ask him what to do. And he said I'd have to pay him to fix it. So he can kick rocks now. Not much I can do living 600+ miles away from there now. If I can't get it right today I'm going to tear it out have it figured out at a shop then reinstall it all and clean the install up.

But I'd rather figure it out on my own to save some money.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe if we combine the two alarms one will work. Mine won't arm or disarm. I don't know if it is the remote the brain either. Good luck figuring it out. lmk what you find out.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did you unplug the antenna...wait about a min then plug it back in?
That works on many of the responder systems
Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

these things are pieces of crap...i might as well get an ebay pager alarm..i'm giving up on it..being locked out of my car twice by my own alarm is enough for me.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:36 PM

Well it seems my problem is my antenna and my remote as well. So luckily I had a 560XV that plugged right into the existing harness from my old car and I'm good to go. Guess I'll just deal with this since nobody the pm'd me or offered help returned info like they said.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone else knows what alarm will fit into existing plugs of the 791xv..i'm looking for a replacement.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

YOur best bet is to replace the remote and add a valet button to the alarm so you can reprogram it. MOst 2 ways remotes break because of miss handleing.

ALso most dei alarm harness are interchangleable.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i plugged in my brain after 2 days of it being unplugged. works again..happens every so month..what's going on?