Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Type R and decent SQ can this be done ? with no sound deadening ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type R and decent SQ can this be done ? with no sound deadening ?

The current stock speakers in my type R are pretty crap.

Id like to replace them with something that will give me all around good quality sound, but i don't want to add any sound deadening in the doors.

Is it possible to get good quality sound with no sound deadening ?

And can anyone reccomend some good speakers i should consider, was thinkin alpine type R's, i had a type R sub before and thought it was pretty good SQ wise.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:43 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Type R and decent SQ can this be done ? with no sound deadening ? (Kavehman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kavehman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The current stock speakers in my type R are pretty crap.

Id like to replace them with something that will give me all around good quality sound, but i don't want to add any sound deadening in the doors.

Is it possible to get good quality sound with no sound deadening ?

And can anyone reccomend some good speakers i should consider, was thinkin alpine type R's, i had a type R sub before and thought it was pretty good SQ wise.</TD></TR></TABLE> Although you will hear a big diff. with aftermarket speakers, [if you have an aftermarket HU] mounting the speakers to the stock plastic speaker mounts, and not using any dampening material will not get the most out of any aftermarket speaker, but replacing the plastic mounts with custom MDF ones an the use of a little, [1 sq ft at each speaker, speaker kits] will make a huge diff. I run an Alpine HU and 4 Eclipse 6.5" 2ways, http://www.eclipse-web.com on custom MDF mounts for the front and custom MDF and fiberglass cabinets for the rears, no subs or amps, in my 94 LS good clean sound and all the bass I need. 94
Old 06-08-2005, 07:19 PM

You loose alot of power if you do not reinforce your panels. There is a formula for how many millemeters of movement on any panel is equal to 25 watts of power loss....just can't remember it.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Type R and decent SQ can this be done ? with no sound deadening ? (Kavehman)

You can get decent sound but you have to remember that if you have crappy equipment you get crappy sound. So make sure you have a decent headunit and an amplifier that has low distortion. You also might want think about the kind of sound you want from your "system".
Old 06-11-2005, 09:31 PM

i listened to a boston z6 in a civic. Sounds v.nice just by itself! of course it was powered with a good amp(gt-28?), pioneer 9450 HU, and also a very deep pocket :D