Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on?

Old 07-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on?

Hey guys, my girlfriend's del sol had a crappy sony head unit when we bought it, and one day it just died (turned off, wouldn't turn back on) - so I rememberd I had a factory head unit from my integra, we slapped it in, but it won't turn on - it only flashes the red "anti theft" light (doesn't ask for code, doesn't light up) and spits out the cd if there is one in it.

Could it be because of a fuse? The radio fuse was not blown but it had a 20amp one in instead of a 15amp (according to the manual) I'm not sure where to start, all the wiring looks in tact (an adapter was used for the aftermarket sony, took it out and plugged the factory one right into the stock plug).

She's pretty pissed she can't listen to some sweet tunes, so I gotta fix this soon

Thanks for your help

Modified by Alexander at 2:44 AM 7/5/2005
Old 07-04-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on? (Alexander)

you need the code
Old 07-05-2005, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on? (88HaveFun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88HaveFun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need the code </TD></TR></TABLE>

With every car that I have had, when the battery resets, and the radio requires the code - it will actually light up all the buttons and say "CODE" on the screen.

In this case, there is nothing on the screen and none of the buttons light up, the red anti theft just keeps flashing.

Should I try to punch in the right code anyway? I gotta go dig that up
Old 07-05-2005, 08:28 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on? (Alexander)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alexander &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys, my girlfriend's del sol had a crappy sony head unit when we bought it, and one day it just died (turned off, wouldn't turn back on) - so I rememberd I had a factory head unit from my integra, we slapped it in, but it won't turn on - it only flashes the red "anti theft" light (doesn't ask for code, doesn't light up) and spits out the cd if there is one in it.

Could it be because of a fuse? The radio fuse was not blown but it had a 20amp one in instead of a 15amp (according to the manual) I'm not sure where to start, all the wiring looks in tact (an adapter was used for the aftermarket sony, took it out and plugged the factory one right into the stock plug).

She's pretty pissed she can't listen to some sweet tunes, so I gotta fix this soon

Thanks for your help

Modified by Alexander at 2:44 AM 7/5/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>Like the above posts say, you will need the code, but that's not your problem now, is it, the Hu will not turn on at all.......<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alexander &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but it won't turn on - it only flashes the red "anti theft" light (doesn't ask for code, doesn't light )</TD></TR></TABLE>
Did you check the backup power fuse, normally a 7.5A fuse in the engine bay fuse box, and install the proper fuses, I'm not sure that the backup fuse is the problem, as the anti theft led is flashing, BTW does it flash when ign. is off, also will it eject the CD if the ign. is off, to be sure it's not a power/ground problem you will need to pull the HU and with a multimeter, DVM or a test light, check for switched power on the yellow w/red stripe wire [controlled by ign. switch and fused in the incar fuse box and for constant power on the white w/ yellow or blue stripe, [power all the time and fused in the engine bay fuse box] 94

BTW, is that you in your avatar, and are you about to autocross?
Old 07-05-2005, 10:41 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alexander &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

With every car that I have had, when the battery resets, and the radio requires the code - it will actually light up all the buttons and say "CODE" on the screen.

In this case, there is nothing on the screen and none of the buttons light up, the red anti theft just keeps flashing.

Should I try to punch in the right code anyway? I gotta go dig that up </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh, i forgot about the "code" poppin on the screen lol...yep its something else :/
Old 04-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on? (88HaveFun)

I'm having the same issue as original poster. The fuse in the driver side kick panel for the radio was blown. I replaced it with a spare fuse (which was good). I got my other stereo to work, but when I put the OEM head unit back in, it blew the fuse again. I had the car turned off, no power on. As soon as I plug in the head unit I can hear the power antenna start to go up, then back down quickly, and then fuse is blown.

Any ideas? I use the same harness (with an adapter) and an aftermarket headunit, and it works fine (provided I replace the fuse)...

Anyone?
Old 04-15-2006, 08:28 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on? (lustedp)

Even with the key off you still have constant power going to the HU, try unhooking the batt., [neg. (-) term.] plug in the HU then hook up the batt. if fuse still blows you have a problem with the HU. 94
Old 04-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on? (fcm)

Well I have 2 head units, the stock one is the only one that blows the fuse, I removed the stereo 4 years ago, and it was working, it's been in storage ever since, any ideas?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:51 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on? (lustedp)

Yes, it is not uncommon for electronics that have been "sitting" for a long time to get condensation on their P/C boards and components, and for corrosion to occur and a short to develop, it is obvious the problem is in the oem HU as plugging it in blows the fuse. 94
Old 04-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on? (fcm)

update:

Stereo was in my room for 2 years, a room where all the A/C vents were turned off, hot humid summer --&gt; rust corrosion --&gt; short --&gt; fucked head unit.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 AM
Trial User

Icon3 Re: Turn Ignition, Stock Radio flashes red anti-theft, but won't turn on? (Alexander)

I had the same problem this week. Found the ACC fuse was blown (cigarette lighter, optional power plug-in). I replaced the fuse (passenger side kick panel) and entered the code for the radio. After that, the radio and Navigator System both worked great!

Originally Posted by 4runner
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alexander &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Should I try to punch in the right code anyway? I gotta go dig that up </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh, i forgot about the "code" poppin on the screen lol...yep its something else :/
Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Originally Posted by hendersonjt
I had the same problem this week. Found the ACC fuse was blown (cigarette lighter, optional power plug-in). I replaced the fuse (passenger side kick panel) and entered the code for the radio. After that, the radio and Navigator System both worked great!
That's great, however this tread is 6 years old. 94