Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Audio / Security / Video (https://honda-tech.com/forums/audio-security-video-27/)
-   -   subwoofer sound distorted (https://honda-tech.com/forums/audio-security-video-27/subwoofer-sound-distorted-2676805/)

xLaziestLa0b0ix 11-06-2009 04:45 PM

subwoofer sound distorted

my subs sound distorted in my car and sounds pretty bad but in my brothers car it works just fine. nothing is wrong with the amp or sub. it's not how i adjust the amp either. my cd player is kind of messed up though. the yellow and black which i think is battery and ground wires came out of the back of the cd player and all i have holding it in is black tape. i was thinking of getting a brand new one but before i do i want to make sure that would be the problem. anyone know what i could do to fix it? the cd player is a kenwood kdc-mp228, subs are a 10" kenwood db+ with an audiobahn amp if it helps any

mrdeadman 11-06-2009 09:22 PM

Re: subwoofer sound distorted

So you have wired your exact system up in the exact same manner in your brother's car with the exact same settings on everything including the hu?
If this is true, then your hu is probably shittin the bed. Did the come out of the harness itself or out of the back of the cd player? If they came out the back of the cd player you would have to take it apart and solder the wires back in carefully. If you aren't good at this sort of thing, I would just get a new one or find someone who is.

edzy 11-06-2009 09:28 PM

turn the gains down.

ken9 11-08-2009 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by xLaziestLa0b0ix (Post 40558027)
it's not how i adjust the amp either. my cd player is kind of messed up though. the yellow and black which i think is battery and ground wires came out of the back of the cd player and all i have holding it in is black tape.

Not sure how's battery and ground wires going to distort an subwoofer..

cstone 11-08-2009 04:41 PM

your rca's probably arent in the subwoofer port on the HU. either that or your bass setting is way too high in your car.

cstone 11-08-2009 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by mrdeadman (Post 40560188)
So you have wired your exact system up in the exact same manner in your brother's car with the exact same settings on everything including the hu?
If this is true, then your hu is probably shittin the bed. Did the come out of the harness itself or out of the back of the cd player? If they came out the back of the cd player you would have to take it apart and solder the wires back in carefully. If you aren't good at this sort of thing, I would just get a new one or find someone who is.

most power wires are in the harness. buy a new harness if you like your hu and find that this isnt the problem.

oh yeah one more thing. where are your power and rca's run?

mrdeadman 11-08-2009 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by cstone (Post 40575678)
most power wires are in the harness. buy a new harness if you like your hu and find that this isnt the problem.

oh yeah one more thing. where are your power and rca's run?

I thought he was talking about the power/grd coming straight from the hu. That is how mine is... It doesn't use the wimpy harness wires for those two. :P

If his power and RCAs are next to each other it will cause a high pitched whining noise and will be more pronounced if he turns on the A/c or heat.

xLaziestLa0b0ix 11-09-2009 12:14 AM

if you mean hu as in headunit? sorry for being slow or dumb, but my headunit isn't in my brothers car. rcas and power are not next to eachother but i think they run close hidden under the back seat. the cdplayer would need a new harness if i don't solder it, they're not actually in the cd player. theres only one port on the cd player also, so i'd figure it would be for subwoofers. i'll be getting a new cdplayer later today though bc one i have now doesn't even read cds good now. found out day or two ago that it doesn't really sound distorted at all when listening to the radio. we'll find out whether it's the cd player or not soon though

cstone 11-09-2009 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by xLaziestLa0b0ix (Post 40579663)
if you mean hu as in headunit? sorry for being slow or dumb, but my headunit isn't in my brothers car. rcas and power are not next to eachother but i think they run close hidden under the back seat. the cdplayer would need a new harness if i don't solder it, they're not actually in the cd player. theres only one port on the cd player also, so i'd figure it would be for subwoofers. i'll be getting a new cdplayer later today though bc one i have now doesn't even read cds good now. found out day or two ago that it doesn't really sound distorted at all when listening to the radio. we'll find out whether it's the cd player or not soon though

that kinda makes me think it could be the cd that you are listening to... you did try more than one cd right?

xLaziestLa0b0ix 11-09-2009 09:52 AM

yeah i've played like 10 diff. cds. i'm about to pick up a new cd player in a little though cause everything with that cd player gets worse and worse. then hopefully it'll sounds better. we'll find out in few hours

xLaziestLa0b0ix 11-09-2009 01:52 PM

just got the new deck and hooked everything back up.. comes out clean now. thanks a lot for all the suggestions and help guys