Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Speaker ? for 2000 civic coupe...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 01:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker ? for 2000 civic coupe...

I heard that its better to get 2 way speakers in the front and 3 way speakers in the rear. does n e 1 else have another opinion? thanx...
Old 03-16-2003, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speaker ? for 2000 civic coupe... (layZ)

i would go with components in front and 2 way in rear..
Old 03-16-2003, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Speaker ? for 2000 civic coupe... (layZ)

really depends on your staging. the 2000 civics aren't too good when it comes to that. you will lose the sharpness of the speakers by putting the speakers in the front. the three ways won't sound as good in the front than the back unless you can point the tweets towards you. that's one of the reasons why many people prefer components, but it costs ALOT of money. aren't the front's 6.5" while the backs are 6*9"?
Old 03-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Speaker ? for 2000 civic coupe... (super laubo)

really depends on your staging. the 2000 civics aren't too good when it comes to that. you will lose the sharpness of the speakers by putting the speakers in the front. the three ways won't sound as good in the front than the back unless you can point the tweets towards you. that's one of the reasons why many people prefer components, but it costs ALOT of money. aren't the front's 6.5" while the backs are 6*9"?
Wow... [scratches head]

If your looking for proper staging and imaging, then ideally you don't want anything in back. An audiophile's goal is to have everything up front, subs and all. I would go with a 3 way setup in front to try and get a little extra bass up there. I'd leave out the rear speakers altogether and run nothing but subs in back.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Speaker ? for 2000 civic coupe... (t0p_sh0tta)

Riiiiight. I'm not exaclty sure what it is you said here. If you want a nice setup i would suggest components in the front installed in custom kicks and then some 8"s installed in the doors. That is what i have planned when the weather warms up as i also have a 2000 civic. Rear fill is not necessary in fact i dont recommend it. My main reason for saying this is the music is recorded in 2 channel stereo so there is no need for more than 2 locations for the sound to be coming from.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Speaker ? for 2000 civic coupe... (EBP_SI)

Riiiiight. I'm not exaclty sure what it is you said here. If you want a nice setup i would suggest components in the front installed in custom kicks and then some 8"s installed in the doors. That is what i have planned when the weather warms up as i also have a 2000 civic. Rear fill is not necessary in fact i dont recommend it. My main reason for saying this is the music is recorded in 2 channel stereo so there is no need for more than 2 locations for the sound to be coming from.
let's not forget about cost now what i meant to say was that the location of your front speakers will impede the full potential of your 2 or 3-ways. from installing these setups in civics all day, we( me and my co-workers) installed the 3-ways in the back just so the customer can hear the speaker with more clarity, even tho' it changes the staging in the car...
Old 03-17-2003, 02:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we( me and my co-workers) installed the 3-ways in the back just so the customer can hear the speaker with more clarity, even tho' it changes the staging in the car...
As long as the tweeters up front aren't blocked, and are aimed anywhere near the listeners head, clarity is not a factor. (So long as you aren't clipping)
Old 03-17-2003, 01:10 PM

let's not forget about cost now what i meant to say was that the location of your front speakers will impede the full potential of your 2 or 3-ways.
What about the cost? For the most part i was talking about the intsall which he should be able to do himself. The 8"s in the door necessary for it to sound good but it does help to get as much of the bass up front as possible.

from installing these setups in civics all day, we( me and my co-workers) installed the 3-ways in the back just so the customer can hear the speaker with more clarity, even tho' it changes the staging in the car...
Are you making a custom rear deck so the speakers are pointed towards the passengers? if not then i dont see how they are getting eny extra clarity. Even if you installed the tweeters in the stock location in the front, they are still only slightly off axis but a swiveling base is quite common on most tweeters these days anyways which could correct that.

Clarity is rather pointless without good imaging.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speaker ? for 2000 civic coupe... (EBP_SI)

audiophiles don't use rears? huh?

most soundQ guys i know ALWAYS run rears... they add ambiance to the system, meaning that it provides sound that completely envelopes you. granted, they run them with a LOT less power - but they still use them.. myself included.