Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Rockledge Securities alarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rockledge Securities alarm

Hey guys,

I bought a new vehicle and it came with a dealer installed system from Rockledge. Never heard of them so I didn't pay the $320 for it. They just deactivated the system and left it installed. I haven't pulled anything apart yet to see how easy it would be to uninstall the system, but does anyone know anything about these systems?
Old 09-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Rockledge Securities alarm

Its a cheapo alarm. Its just t tapped into the car. And look how cheap it is. For $320 they left it in the car. They still have the remotes for them. I do them all the time for dealers.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, there is no way I was going to pay that much for something, when I don't know what the heck it is. One weekend I will have to see how difficult it is to remove and just look into something much better, like a DEI system.

I thought it was funny that when they came to "deactivate it", they did some funky thing of turning on and off some lights and other things in the car and it turned off.

I'd rather remove it though, i've had a car in the past that I left a dealer installed alarm in the car, and even though it wasn't active, at some point a system failed and it prevented the car from starting. Then I had to pay $150 to have it removed. Bozo dealers.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater
Its a cheapo alarm. Its just t tapped into the car. And look how cheap it is. For $320 they left it in the car. They still have the remotes for them. I do them all the time for dealers.
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but i just googled the Rockledge alarm and nothing much came up. I just bought a new TSX and they were going to charge me for this alarm or they will deactivate it.

My question is, how do we activate it? Can i add a GBS (glass break sensor). Here's some info i found: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...ystem-install/

Thank you in advance!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:34 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

As mentioned, it is junk, remove it and install something better. 94
Old 12-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take our advice on this. Buy a new alarm. If you can find information on it. why buy it? you can go ahead and put the 10amp fuse back in it and spend $200 on a replacement remote from them.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:04 PM
Trial User

Default Please help, or else I have no car to drive to school in!! EMERGENCY!

Could I please have some help? I spent hours trying to figure this out, but couldn't, and with my car not starting, I have no way of getting to school.
I bought a used HONDA CRV 2006 and installed an AFTERMARKET ROCKLEDGE SECURITIES ALARM SYSTEM.

My previous issue that I spent days figuring out, was that I forgot to turn off the headlights on my car, and when the battery ran out, we COULDN'T RECHARGE the car because the ALARM SYSTEM WOULD SOUND, and the car was unchargeable. Eventually I had to REMOVE THE HORN FUSE, and FINALLY PUT IT BACK in the fuse box in the hood of the car. And press a button on the inside of the car by the driver's side to get the alarm system to stop sounding.
I have since resolved that problem.

My current problem that is driving me crazy is that I pulled my car into my driveway one day and all of a sudden the CRAZY ROCKLEDGE ALARM SYSTEM WONT STOP GOING OFF AS SOON AS I TURN OFF THE ENGINE. THE ONLY THING THAT FINALLY STOPPED THE NOISE WAS GOING INTO THE FUSE BOX IN THE HOOD OF THE CAR AND REMOVING THE HORN FUSE.
HERE'S THE PROBLEM THOUGH -- W/OUT the HORN FUSE, there is no noise and the alarm doesn't go off. HOWEVER, W/OUT THE HORN FUSE, the car WON"T START. Then WHEN I TRIED PUTTING the HORN FUSE BACK into the MAIN FUSE BOX so the car will work, the CRAZY ALARM GOES OFF AGAIN.
My Car currently is W/OUT THE FUSE so the crazy alarm doesn't sound. But the Car won't start w/out the fuse either. Can't drive it. School starts Tuesday. I worked on it for days today.
If you have HONDA CRV or ROCKLEDGE SECURITIES EXPERIENCE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!
Thank you!
Mary
Old 02-08-2017, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not sure if there are different versions of the rockledge alarm and I'm sorry but mine seems to be great. The difference is it ties in with the factory alarm and they work together vs. separate. It disables the starter, has a motion/glass sensor too, which the factory alarm doesn't do. The factory keyfob for my TL is all I have, there is no 2nd controller needed. The keyless sensor door handles and start button from factory work together with it too. And it also came with a keyfinder to attach to the factory fob. At least that's what I have on my Acura TL, price was much steeper than $320 though ...
Old 02-13-2017, 08:53 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by toferdisobey
I'm not sure if there are different versions of the rockledge alarm and I'm sorry but mine seems to be great. The difference is it ties in with the factory alarm and they work together vs. separate. It disables the starter, has a motion/glass sensor too, which the factory alarm doesn't do. The factory keyfob for my TL is all I have, there is no 2nd controller needed. The keyless sensor door handles and start button from factory work together with it too. And it also came with a keyfinder to attach to the factory fob. At least that's what I have on my Acura TL, price was much steeper than $320 though ...
Brah....people have been adding those sensors to the factory TL alarm......
Old 02-13-2017, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Brah....people have been adding those sensors to the factory TL alarm......
Yes I don't really know much about alarms. I guess I just didn't want that project because I'm doing so many other mechanical upgrades and I don't like to mess with electrical.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:54 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Its actually simple thought but ok. If you have time just google it. Its a pretty awesome idea and you only need to know what wires to tap into for constant power, alarm trigger and ground. Saves you money on getting a whole new alarm.