Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

santa brought me a new car.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default santa brought me a new car.

well santa stuffed this down the chimney for me and left the payment. Not sure on what I want to do to it. I love it because of the room. It way bigger then the caddy. Plus to many people have escalade's. I seen 40 in one day. kids driving them and such. I don't see to many of these rolling around. Not sure if I want to bang it out or keep it simple. The caddy is staying in the fam so I will have one bangger. Not to sure on the sounds but the pioneer navi system is going in this weekend as long as a full clifford alarm and gps tracking. I don't know why but the factory sounds sounds good but lacks the real bass even thou it has a fatory sub. What would you guys do. I do know that I don't want to fill the car up with alot of amps. hell I not sure. lol

opps forgot the picture

Modified by wrx-killer-Sti eater at 9:18 PM 1/1/2007
Old 01-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: santa brought me a new car. (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

Nice! I would just add one 12"sub, nothing fancy. But then again you can always go with three 10's. Just throwing out some possibilities.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: santa brought me a new car. (94_DC4)

I was looking at going pull the factory sub out and fiberglass three 8 inch mtx subs in the factory location. and mount a 5 channel amp in there too to keep the car stealth. But what ever you can deff help on this project.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hm, 7 jl w7's wouldnt hurt
Old 01-03-2007, 01:00 PM

i heard u cant put more than one W7 in at a time...
Old 01-03-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: (allricedout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allricedout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i heard u cant put more than one W7 in at a time...</TD></TR></TABLE>

for what reason?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (allricedout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allricedout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i heard u cant put more than one W7 in at a time...</TD></TR></TABLE>

why would someone want more then 1 w7 in their car anyways?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chunty *** kevin)

My old manager has one of those and had 3 12" titanium eclipses before he swapped out for 3 12" bostons. I'll get some pics up shortly

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chunty *** kevin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why would someone want more then 1 w7 in their car anyways?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why not?

Old 01-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i heard u cant put more than one W7 in at a time... </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!!!

I love when people spout off nonsense like it's fact...
Old 01-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So how is the gas payment?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: (nsxxtreme)

i wish i was rich
Old 01-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxxtreme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So how is the gas payment? </TD></TR></TABLE>

After a week, I been driving the ole beater da around. gas Kinda sucks azz. kinda my azz after thinking about it 15.5 miles to the gallon. Dam this thing only takes 91. Its like my itr. I needed it to pull my quads and to step my game up. I can't stay 30 in a teg with out having a back up. Its better then the caddy for real and has more room. I wish santa would of left some extra free gas cards.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egmatt93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wish i was rich </TD></TR></TABLE>

First, lets get this out the way. I AM NOT RICH. I do what it takes to live the life stlye that I like. I am far from rich. I am just a middle class folk. Thats still doing the same thing that I was brought up doing.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misanthropist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My old manager has one of those and had 3 12" titanium eclipses before he swapped out for 3 12" bostons. I'll get some pics up shortly

</TD></TR></TABLE>
man I would really appreciate the pics, None of any friends other shops have done one either. I googled and could not find anything. I not going to copy anyone either. Did he go behing the rear seat? I was looking at the jl audio sealth unit(kick me in my butt) with the one 12. But feel that I would out grow it in days. I am still stuck with the ideal of fiberglassing a ported enclousure in the factory location. There is so much room behind the pannel. Two tens look real possiable in a ported unit or sealed if I fit it right. Might stick with the 8's

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chunty *** kevin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hm, 7 jl w7's wouldnt hurt</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, just 7, lol. That would be really cool. But I want this car to attract the older crowd to show my work. The younger des would of did that quick. Older people (rich) don't really go for the subs thing like that and would make me look like a kid shop. I landed a account with the dealership that I bought it from to do all there aftermarket alarms and aftermarket navi systems. So this could be my demo car as well. I going for all out sound quality. The average person who buys one of these new is 28 and up. And have families. Or straight ballers with cash and want to do the 26 inch rims and be heard around the block. I got them. Time for a new market. oyea it would be 7 mtx 9500 by the way, mtx baby I just earned my pay check

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL!!!

I love when people spout off nonsense like it's fact... </TD></TR></TABLE>
But you know you love it, thats what were here for. To give light to the noobs. And to all the nonesence spouters. lol. on the new kid. May his first words be not mommie or daddy. But vtec and mugen.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">After a week, I been driving the ole beater da around. gas Kinda sucks azz. kinda my azz after thinking about it 15.5 miles to the gallon. Dam this thing only takes 91. Its like my itr. I needed it to pull my quads and to step my game up. I can't stay 30 in a teg with out having a back up. Its better then the caddy for real and has more room. I wish santa would of left some extra free gas cards.</TD></TR></TABLE>

To be honest that is not horrible I think the NSX get maybe 16 mpg if I am lucky. The Tacoma which is only a 6 cylinder gets 19 mpg. Really crappy for a 6 IMO. I never understood why the big v8's required premium but offered such little hp for displacement. My boat has a volvo v8 requires premium and only puts out 220hp WTF!

I have been looking at the new range rovers lately might pick one up soon hopefully. Either that or an H1. Congrats on the new purchase.

I grew out of the loud stereo thing when I was 25 I think. I'm happy with upgraded mids and tweets, decent amp, and one sub. Although I do still like looking at really nice setups, equipment and installs.

Modified by nsxxtreme at 1:06 PM 1/4/2007
Old 01-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He wanted this stealth when he wanted and visible when he wanted to show it off, all while keeping it looking factory quality.

Sandblasted the lincoln logo on the front side.

To match the factory burlwood on the box

Backside. Wanted to keep it looking clean so just embossed the lincoln logo, got the factory badges and did some burlwood (veneer iirc)

Old 01-05-2007, 08:44 PM

Whyed he swapped out 3 Eclipse TI subwoofers for some Bostons? What amp's he running.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dam thats nice. Does he have the power fold down seat? I opt not to get them. dam. And were did he hide the amps? Thanks now because I now want to flip something like that. I have two full sheets of mdf and I feel the desire in my hands.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (shyboy817)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shyboy817 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whyed he swapped out 3 Eclipse TI subwoofers for some Bostons? What amp's he running.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The eclipses need more air space to sound best, and we stopped being an eclipse dealer so he wanted to carry a product that we stock

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dam thats nice. Does he have the power fold down seat? I opt not to get them. dam. And were did he hide the amps? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah he had the power fold seat, and iirc he might even have it hooked up to an aux on his alarm Bling bling yo!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:46 AM

What sub-amps?
Old 01-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

T20001BD

Oh and he has the amps under the box
Old 01-06-2007, 02:01 PM

What's wrong with the T20001BD?
Old 01-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's Rockford
Old 01-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (misanthropist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misanthropist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's Rockford </TD></TR></TABLE>

nothing wrong with rockford they make the power there saposed to make a there 2 ohm stable whats wrong with that
Old 01-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chunty *** kevin)

who would want w7s period jls are for kids that cant port and tune sure jls work well in small boxes and dont need to much to power them but for the price theres better stuff out there
Old 01-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by qwk db8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nothing wrong with rockford they make the power there saposed to make a there 2 ohm stable whats wrong with that</TD></TR></TABLE>

First see sig, second, a huge percentage of rockford is 1ohm stable.

Power isn't everything.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and what

Quick Reply: santa brought me a new car.