Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pioneer speakers 6x9 any good?

are these any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-TS...sting
Old 04-24-2008, 04:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on what you plan to do with them.

Factory replacements? Sure.

Crank up the volume & break off the ****? No way.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have them, like he said they are great factory replacements. Mine have more bass than factory, and go louder. Good bang for the buck. If your going to wanna blast it with an amp or something, their probably not the best choice.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pioneer speakers 6x9 any good? (kelviiv)

For a true audiophile, 6x9's are not even an option. They do not reproduce the sound spectrum very well. Stick with round speakers, even if it means creating an adapter ring so they will fit in the stock locations.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

uh..they are stock locations for that size lol

its a 4dr integra
Old 04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kelviiv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kelviiv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uh..they are stock locations for that size lol
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes I know, like I said earlier, use an adapter that converts a 6x9 hole to accommodate a 6.5inch speaker. If you have your heart set on 6x9's then yes, the Pioneer's, are good speakers. Are there better? of course. This is just my opinion, I've had 6x9's before when I was younger and inexperienced in the car audio world. According to car audio purists, rear speakers are not even needed, however, I like a little rear fill. Spend the cash on front components and let a cheaper speaker round out the sound in the rear.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App...p=919

Modified by mechanix619 at 12:35 PM 4/25/2008
Old 04-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pioneer speakers 6x9 any good? (mechanix619)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mechanix619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For a true audiophile, 6x9's are not even an option. They do not reproduce the sound spectrum very well. Stick with round speakers, even if it means creating an adapter ring so they will fit in the stock locations. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i never new that...good info. I'm not a big on audio so i like bumping with just my stock setup, doing this mod should help out with a little more right?
Old 04-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pioneer speakers 6x9 any good? (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i never new that...good info. I'm not a big on audio so i like bumping with just my stock setup, doing this mod should help out with a little more right? </TD></TR></TABLE>

The results are negligible on a stock system.

Even with a low-powered amplified system, you probably won't hear a difference.

Don't waste your time.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pioneer speakers 6x9 any good? (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i never new that...good info. I'm not a big on audio so i like bumping with just my stock setup, doing this mod should help out with a little more right? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Round speakers sound better than oval-shaped speakers. A round cone is more rigid than an oval-shaped one, so at higher levels, an oval-shaped speaker will distort more; this distortion is bad. The reason why there are oval-shaped speakers is because of rear deck space considerations by manufacturers. An advantage of a 6x9 speaker over a 6 inch speaker is that it has a bigger area, so it will move higher air volume, producing more bass. In a real audio system there would be a sub present taking care of the bass frequencies.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pioneer speakers 6x9 any good? (B18C_EJ8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The results are negligible on a stock system.

Even with a low-powered amplified system, you probably won't hear a difference.

Don't waste your time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very correct. On a stock system you are better off leaving things alone. Everything in a stock system is designed to work together.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mechanix619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
In a real audio system there would be a sub present taking care of the bass frequencies.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!!!

Ask FCM how many subs he's got in his car... Then, when he tells you how many, tell him that it's not a "real system".

Go ahead... I'll wait.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pioneer speakers 6x9 any good? (B18C_EJ8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL!!!

Ask FCM how many subs he's got in his car... Then, when he tells you how many, tell him that it's not a "real system".

Go ahead... I'll wait.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What? I am not sure I clearly understand what you are saying because in my last post I never mentioned that a system with one or twelve subs would be better than the other. Here is where it gets tricky, if someone is going for db competitions then multiple powerful subs are perfect for their system, yet if someone wants to reproduce the quality of the CD that they are listening to while driving around in a daily driver then a single 12 inch sub will probably suffice. In my opinion, just because a system has x number of subs does not necessarily make it great, I like the sub to fill in the low frequencies, not over take the whole system.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mechanix619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What? I am not sure I clearly understand what you are saying because in my last post I never mentioned that a system with one or twelve subs would be better than the other. Here is where it gets tricky, if someone is going for db competitions then multiple powerful subs are perfect for their system, yet if someone wants to reproduce the quality of the CD that they are listening to while driving around in a daily driver then a single 12 inch sub will probably suffice. In my opinion, just because a system has x number of subs does not necessarily make it great, I like the sub to fill in the low frequencies, not over take the whole system. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No. You stated that a "real system" has a sub (or more than one).

I suggested that you ask FCM how many subs he's running in his car, and when he told you how many, that you should tell him (a 30+ year veteran installer) that he doesn't have a "real system".

PM him & ask how many he's got.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:54 AM
Trial User

Default Re: pioneer speakers 6x9 any good?

I apologize for bumping this old thread, just my two cents...

I always liked alpine in general. Their quality has remained unchanged since the early 1990s. They have their low and high lines, which, apparently, correspond to the tastes of most infantrymen.

If you are talking about high loudspeaker lines, they have never been like this, but some of their old school models were very good rivals. (circa 1990 ~ ish)

IMO, most of its current composition of speakers is focused on the "average", because this is what sells the most.

Their PDX amplifiers are very good, and their multifunctional head units have very nice features, but if you don't add high-yield processors to them or switch to F1, they won't do anything to impress the SQ community.

Unfortunately, this is the same with most new model offerings. Price function. This is what sells.

Last week I had the pleasure of setting up a car with a Kenwood Excelon headunit I always liked alpine in general. Their quality has remained unchanged since the early 1990s. They have their low and high lines, which, apparently, correspond to the tastes of most infantrymen.

If you are talking about high loudspeaker lines, they have never been like this, but some of their old school models were very good rivals. (circa 1990 ~ ish)

IMO, most of its current composition of speakers is focused on the "average", because this is what sells the most.

Their PDX amplifiers are very good, and their multifunctional head units have very nice features, but if you don't add high-yield processors to them or switch to F1, they won't do anything to impress the SQ community.

Unfortunately, this is the same with most new model offerings. Price function. This is what sells.

Last week I had the pleasure of setting up a car with a Kenwood Excelon headunit https://soundrating.com/best-6x9-speakers/ Many people consider this a very high quality SQ device. IMO, EQ, processing and any other damage by default was terrible and difficult to turn off. I do not want to choose between the dimensions of the speakers in the menu, but the actual crossover points. That is, in another submenu, and although 5.25 "and 6.5" lists the HP frequency as "through," it definitely sounds like a "pass-through"

Sorry to have received OT, but this proves that large manufacturers go for "bells and whistles" more than real adjustments and SQ.

MB was not the same as Olden, John and others got it.

The brand, which was very good, is now very dubious with their current offers. Hopefully (for their sake), they will be able to keep the line under the name of Max Many people consider this a very high quality SQ device. IMO, EQ, processing and any other damage by default was terrible and difficult to turn off. I do not want to choose between the dimensions of the speakers in the menu, but the actual crossover points. That is, in another submenu, and although 5.25 "and 6.5" lists the HP frequency as "through," it definitely sounds like a "pass-through"

Sorry to have received OT, but this proves that large manufacturers go for "bells and whistles" more than real adjustments and SQ.

MB was not the same as Olden, John and others got it.

The brand, which was very good, is now very dubious with their current offers. Hopefully (for their sake), they will be able to keep the line under the name of Max

There are a lot of cool YouTube videos on this subject, here’s one of them.Good luck