Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

No sound on driver side

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound on driver side

I installed an aftermarket HU in my 97 Civic while retaining the stock HU so I can continue to use my keyless entry system. I used a wiring harness for the new HU installation. Everything was working fine until about a week ago when my driver side speaker and tweater stopped working.

I ruled out anything wrong with the speakers by switching them out with the passenger side speakers and confirming that they still worked. I pulled the HU to check for any pinched wiring, but couldn't find anything. Can anyone help with any other suggestions?

I was just going to get new speakers, but I dont' think that would help. I think it might be a wiring problem or maybe something wrong with a fuse. What and where are the fuses that I should be checking?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:36 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: No sound on driver side (SD619)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SD619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I installed an aftermarket HU in my 97 Civic while retaining the stock HU so I can continue to use my keyless entry system. I used a wiring harness for the new HU installation. Everything was working fine until about a week ago when my driver side speaker and tweater stopped working.

I ruled out anything wrong with the speakers by switching them out with the passenger side speakers and confirming that they still worked. I pulled the HU to check for any pinched wiring, but couldn't find anything. Can anyone help with any other suggestions?

I was just going to get new speakers, but I dont' think that would help. I think it might be a wiring problem or maybe something wrong with a fuse. What and where are the fuses that I should be checking?</TD></TR></TABLE> Try plugging the stock Hu back in, ans see if that works, if it does, then you may have a problem with the "T- harness" or the connections or the aftermarket HU, if with the stock HU the speaker stilldoesn't work then you have a problem with the speaker wire, [in the doorjamb maybe, also if you want to get rid of the stock HU, just install an alarm and hook up the doorlocks. 94