Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

My yellow top > front battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My yellow top > front battery

My battery in my trunk is killing my front battery any thoughts?
Old 04-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My yellow top > front battery (Boxcar)

Can I ask why you think you need a second battery?
The second battery just adds additional load on the alternator. The only advantage you will gain by adding it is you will get additional time before your battery dies.

If your battery is killing the front battery either it is dead (not charged) or its defective.

Or you screwed your wiring up somewhere and have a constant drain.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: My yellow top > front battery (nsxxtreme)

I have some rather big amps and i got a yellow top cheaper then a cap.

The battery charges its self up when the car is on, NO?

What are things that would make it have a constant drain?
Old 04-26-2005, 01:35 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

N<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boxcar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have some rather big amps and i got a yellow top cheaper then a cap.

The battery charges its self up when the car is on, NO?

What are things that would make it have a constant drain? </TD></TR></TABLE>Need more info
1- are the both batt. the same?
2- are they isolated from each other when ign. is off or are they just wired in parallel?
3- how, "rather big amps" are they? what is the total RMS watts of the system?
4- have you removed the batt. in the trunk, and run the system with just the front batt. to see if the problem is the the batt. in the trunk killing the front batt.?
5- do you play the system loud for long periods of of time, with the car running or not?
6- have you upgraded the alt.?
7- if you disconnect the power wire from the front batt., [that gos to the rear batt.] at the front batt., and remove rear batt., [this, I assume, would cut power to the amps] do you still have a problem?
Old 04-26-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: My yellow top > front battery (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NNeed more info
1- are the both batt. the same? no
2- are they isolated from each other when ign. is off or are they just wired in parallel? paraelle
3- how, "rather big amps" are they? what is the total RMS watts of the system? over 2000
4- have you removed the batt. in the trunk, and run the system with just the front batt. to see if the problem is the the batt. in the trunk killing the front batt.? i have unhooked the bater in the trunk and my car dose not die
5- do you play the system loud for long periods of of time, with the car running or not? running
6- have you upgraded the alt.?no
7- if you disconnect the power wire from the front batt., [that gos to the rear batt.] at the front batt., and remove rear batt., [this, I assume, would cut power to the amps] do you still have a problem? what?
94</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-27-2005, 06:38 AM

gonna need more than a quote to get more answers
Old 04-27-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: My yellow top > front battery (CooBlueDAB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CooBlueDAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">gonna need more than a quote to get more answers</TD></TR></TABLE>

read my friend read.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:07 PM

ahh, I see you edited his quote instead of answering normal
Old 04-27-2005, 04:12 PM

planning to run a seperate battery for my audio in my trunk and a yellow top in the engine bay.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CooBlueDAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">gonna need more than a quote to get more answers</TD></TR></TABLE> As i respond to this i thought to my self. Craig, this asshate doesn't no what he is talking about, he wont have the info I need even with the answers to the questions asked. He just wants to be a dick and try to flame me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CooBlueDAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ahh, I see you edited his quote instead of answering normal</TD></TR></TABLE> Low and behold no help just another dick head on honda-tech!

I got the info i need else were thanks for all the tried to help.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:41 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boxcar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> As i respond to this i thought to my self. Craig, this asshate doesn't no what he is talking about, he wont have the info I need even with the answers to the questions asked. He just wants to be a dick and try to flame me.

Low and behold no help just another dick head on honda-tech!

I got the info i need else were thanks for all the tried to help. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ahh low and behold another asshat who did nothing but put me down. Gee thanks, I only help anyone I can, and would have helped but you got answers. Now I know not to try with you anymore... Thank you for being a dick yourself and turning around my appology for not looking in a QUOTE for your answers to the questions... and making it a supposed ******** comment. Go suck an egg.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:36 AM

I am considering running a second battery in my car. I want to do this to power my system, and to use as a backup battery for my alarm. If thieves cut the battery under the hood, the alarm will still operate off the one in the trunk. Does this sound like a good idea?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A second battery represents an additional load on the alternator period. Even if the alternator has been upgraded. You will get less useable power out of the alternator.

Only add a second battery if you are looking to get longer reserve time. Time playing when the cars not on.
A cap isn't anywhere near the same thing as a battery. And a battery shouldn't be used in place of a cap.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boxcar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

read my friend read.</TD></TR></TABLE>If you would learn how to properly quote then you probably wouldn't have had a problem. I missed it the first time through and is why I never responded.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:52 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CooBlueDAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ahh low and behold another asshat who did nothing but put me down. Gee thanks, I only help anyone I can, and would have helped but you got answers. Now I know not to try with you anymore... Thank you for being a dick yourself and turning around my appology for not looking in a QUOTE for your answers to the questions... and making it a supposed ******** comment. Go suck an egg.</TD></TR></TABLE>I'm going to have to agree with you CooBlueDAB I didn't see it till you pointed it out, how the hell did he do that, [never mind why] when I click on someone elses, [by mistake] to edit H/T tells me I can't do that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boxcar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> As i respond to this i thought to my self. Craig, this asshate doesn't no what he is talking about, he wont have the info I need even with the answers to the questions asked. He just wants to be a dick and try to flame me.

Low and behold no help just another dick head on honda-tech!

I got the info i need else were thanks for all the tried to help. </TD></TR></TABLE>My help to you STFU dork 94
Old 04-29-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: My yellow top > front battery (fcm)

not tryna hi-jack but im thinkin bout gettin a yellow top, is there the difference more than marginal between that and the red top?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: My yellow top > front battery (showtime23)

yes, they are designed for different things.. yellow top, more audio, deep cycle, red top, more engine turning power... for general car use cold starts and huge starters...

assuming you are going for an audio battery... check into SVR... lb per lb... better battery... especially between the svr 50, and the civic sized 51r from yellow top...
Old 05-01-2005, 12:54 AM

so the 51r are fore the civic not the 51?