Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Adding Bluetooth to your ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Bluetooth to your ride

Hi there, this is the Ego Maniac. I am a certifiable audio nut. I love car stereo and bluetooth systems too. I wanna hear pro's and cons of bluetooth systems that you have installed in your rides.

On Thursday of last week I did a 2002 Acura 3.2 TL bluetooth install. My company owns US sales rights for Ego, but we (PCS) sell many kits. So on this day I was doing an install for my boss. His buddy wanted the Drive NTalk kit installed in his car and also wanted the kit to integrate into the Bose Audio system smoothly. I also had to do a 2002 Lexus ES300 with the Mark Lev. system; that one was easy with the QCJBL-2 harness.

Anyway, the TL is hell to take apart. Glovebox, whole center console and even the knee guard on the driver side had to come out and with all that fun the Bose sub is wired on a separate harness from the main harness on the back. Quick Connect references that you will need a Amplified adaptor; which in most cases is true, but this time around I used the QCHON_!MK harness and it played well. The Drive NTalk kit worked great and the streaming music played through all but the sub. Bummer, but it was loud enough that you couldn't hear it anyway. The "Man" and Quick was suprised but had heard of this before.

There was no info on the web for this install and it did require me to take some time. If you are looking for a place to get info? Try www.metraonline.com, if you select the car you want, then select kits, it will give you a pdf on how to take yer dash apart. Here on this forum there should be gigabytes of info on Hondas.

The Drive NTalk kit gives callers 2 channel phone calls and 4 channel A2DP music streaming. Also a wireless remote and email/text to speech on ALL phones, regardless.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Adding Bluetooth to your ride

I as I mentioned did an install also on a 2002 Lexus ES300 (overpriced Camry). This was also for the Drive NTalk with the Quick Connect QCJBL-2, which makes for a fast install on a notoriously hard sound system. I used to work for Quick Connect and while there I helped develop this harness. I worked with Suresh at Parrot OEM division and Brian as well as Alan at the Toyota Campus in Torrance. Parrot wanted to get AP aproved as a Certified part for the Accessories Division which was a leap as Cig Blue and Ego already are AP aproved.

Anyway with this harness there is no cutting or splicing, just a socket set, panel popper(the blue plastic kind) and your in. The kit installs in minutes and works great. This car was for a friend of the Director of Marketing for Drive Ntalk. We did this one fast.

Many times when doing a kit it isn't always necessary to remove the radio. If your doing an older Honda this is often the case. so when tearing the car apart see if you can pinch some time this way. The Acura was a full tear down.