Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

can i get bass with speakers only?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 08:59 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i get bass with speakers only?

i don't want a system sith subs in my trunk. is there anyway i can get more bass out of speakers?
Old 06-29-2004, 09:04 PM

Default Re: can i get bass with speakers only? (Unjockable)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Unjockable &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can i get bass with speakers only? </TD></TR></TABLE>

of course you can, i got reasonable bass out of my premeir 6x9s tuned on my coustic crossover at low frequencies

'reasonable' is debatable though
Old 06-30-2004, 12:12 AM
New User

Default Re: can i get bass with speakers only? (bassisliffe)

so all i'd need is a crossover?
Old 06-30-2004, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your going to get some bass but not alot with out it sounding distorted. Plus some speakers won't play the frequencies that some deep bass are on.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can i get bass with speakers only? (skrewdriver88)

IT depends on how the speakers are made. Some speakers are made for bass, and some really arnt. Either way, your probably going to have to spend alot on the speakers and amps to power them to get it sounding good.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:16 AM

Well if you aren't against putting an amp in the trunk at least...
JL does offer a 6w0 sub that hits really low for a 6". Plus it only needs like 1/2-3/4 cube enclosure...hell you could probably even mount them under your seats depending on the vehicle.

They won't have insane output or anything, but it'll be a lot cleaner and more output than you'd get out of 6x9's...plus it'll hit lower... just a thought...

Plus you could get real tricky by mounting them in your rear deck, buliding an enclosure under the deck for them...hell even use some small pvc to port it if you wanted. lol...
Old 06-30-2004, 08:02 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: can i get bass with speakers only? (Phat_Jax)

I have 4- 6.5 eclipse 2way speakers and a high power alpine HU , and I get all the bass I need. I autocross my 94 teg ,and the last thing I need is more weight.

hope this helps. 94
Old 06-30-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: can i get bass with speakers only? (fcm)

What about a bazooka tube? Those are small and put out a decent amount for their size. They aren't real expensive and you won't even notice that it is there since they are small. I've never haerd a system with "normal size" speakers producing anything I would call bass.
8" Bazooka
Old 06-30-2004, 01:00 PM

Default Re: can i get bass with speakers only? (jlc-bigj)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jlc-bigj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about a bazooka tube? Those are small and put out a decent amount for their size. They aren't real expensive and you won't even notice that it is there since they are small. I've never haerd a system with "normal size" speakers producing anything I would call bass. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you have some warped ideas about what bass actually is my friend.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:33 PM

Default Re: can i get bass with speakers only? (EBP_SI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, to me a bazooka is midbass, im even more warped
Old 06-30-2004, 05:36 PM

IMO Speakers can give you good bass, I had my stock speaks with my Alpine deck for a while (but then i got a SWR-12) My two cents would be see how you like it with some reasonably priced speakers then if you don't like it, get a 8" sub or something
Old 06-30-2004, 06:57 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: (TegRyder33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TegRyder33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMO Speakers can give you good bass, I had my stock speaks with my Alpine deck for a while (but then i got a SWR-12) My two cents would be see how you like it with some reasonably priced speakers then if you don't like it, get a 8" sub or something</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can always add ,if what you have is not enough. 94
Old 06-30-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I'm trying to help the dude find a good solution. This is such a subjective topic anyways, we all know the best thing is to listen to stuff. I would never put a Bazooka tube in my car, but others might. I know people that are happy with them. They aren't looking for a loud system, they just want to hear some low end.
Instead of coming and knocking on my post, why don't you try to make a SUGGESTION to help out? That is why he posted the question, not to hear everyone hate on each other.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:33 PM
New User

Default Re: (jlc-bigj)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jlc-bigj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, I'm trying to help the dude find a good solution. This is such a subjective topic anyways, we all know the best thing is to listen to stuff. I would never put a Bazooka tube in my car, but others might. I know people that are happy with them. They aren't looking for a loud system, they just want to hear some low end.
Instead of coming and knocking on my post, why don't you try to make a SUGGESTION to help out? That is why he posted the question, not to hear everyone hate on each other. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-04-2004, 05:03 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: (Unjockable)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jlc-bigj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Instead of coming and knocking on my post, why don't you try to make a SUGGESTION to help out? That is why he posted the question, not to hear everyone hate on each other. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-04-2004, 10:07 PM

Default Re: (fcm)

a 3 way would work

i am in love wit the Infinity KaPPa's the 63.5i think that is the # but they got a 3 way and the bass is good!

sadly too much for me... 200 bux for a pair well from wat i found
Old 07-04-2004, 10:58 PM

Default Re: (-DKap-)

In my car I had some old 80 watt pioneer speakers with a pioneer head unit. Many times my passengers asked me if I had some sort of a sub in my car, and on the street people think something like that as well. All it takes is a "half-decent" speaker and adjusting your EQ. But of course, if I'd turn the music too loud, I'd here crap-bass coming out of the speakers, as they just couldn't handle it. But again, those weren't the best speakers out there, not even close
Old 07-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running Fosgate 6x9's in my rear deck and Fosgate power series 6.5 components. I layed dynamat on the doors and rear lid. I'm pretty happy with the bass I get out of em. And....i'm still on the factory stereo...
Old 07-05-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Re: can i get bass with speakers only? (EnjoyTheRideDC2)

Look at JL's "Stealth Boxes" or MTXs similar product. They're small, sometimes have an amp built-in and will produce acceptable bass.