Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Vipe alarm, stuck in valet mode, no valet switch on my vehicle, car keeps not startin

Old 04-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vipe alarm, stuck in valet mode, no valet switch on my vehicle, car keeps not startin

Hi, I have a Honda 1996 Accord with a viper security system on it, from my best guess looking at the manuals the alarm is a 100esp or atleast has the same remote control fob.

when i bought it, the prev owner mentioned that if you hit the button with two lines instead of the one line, it will disable to engine and you have to stick the kye to on and then toggle the two buttons to get it working, that was fine.

its been 6 months and within the last two/three weeks it now does this every time i turn the engine off. except toggling the buttons no longer works and usually takes me about 10/15 attempts in order to get the engine enabled again. I've looked extensivley for a valet switch and i believe i have found the cable it was connected to but the switch itself seems to have been snapped off/broken. The led in my dashboard console is now solid red and no longer flashes. How can i get this to stop happening?
I've tried opening the passenger door and locking-unlocking -locking the car again to see if that did anything as per advice from another forum (no result - although key was not in engine at time?)

With no valet switch what can I do? Please ny help is appreciated, realy do not have the funds right now to take this to a mechanic.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Vipe alarm, stuck in valet mode, no valet switch on my vehicle, car keeps not sta

open driver side door, put key in the ignition and turn to on (dont start) press lock/unlock/lock on keypad that should work, if not let know I can get the right pattern but you may need to get the model number of the brain which is usually under the dash on the drivers side near main wire harness going to the ignition.