Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

ghost switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ghost switch

Just hooked up my brothers 800esp on his hatch. Just wondering what is and what does a ghost switch do?
Old 02-02-2003, 09:27 PM

Default Re: ghost switch (x00gsr)

A ghost switch is a lead from the alarm that requires either or + or - (depending on model ) signal from an existing switch in your car to disable your alarm or put it in valet.

For example, in my Prelude that has an old Viper 800/900, if I lost the remote or need to turn off the sounding alarm WITHOUT the remote, instead of looking for a plain "VALET button" that has to hidden somehow, I just have to KEY ON and hit my power mirrors a certain number of times and then the alarm will disable.

So in other words, the secret switch is right in front of you, using something from the vehicle already. Neat huh?

I took it a step further by hooking it up to my power mirrors.........now someone has to have my KEY.....turn it to the ON position........know that my secret switch is my power mirrors..............BUT HERE's THE CATCH........they have to know which mirror to move ( left or right ) and not only that......know which DIRECTION to tap the mirror button that will send the signal to my VIPER...............and.....not only that......they have to do it a certain number of times.....(this can be programmed in the manual....I think its 1 through 5 times)

You dont have to get **** like me, you can hook the GHOST switch up to your headlights or something and flick it 1 through 5 times to get it to disarm.

I like the GHOST SWITCH feature. Its a nice concept. I wish more security manufactuers used this feature. I think it may be patented by DEI.

Old 02-06-2003, 02:07 PM

Default Re: ghost switch (x00gsr)

It's the ultimate in vehicle security. It's a switch that can only be activated by a ghost. As long as you have a friendly ghost with you, and the thieves don't have any ghosts, they can't start your car.
Of course, the thieves will eventually figure this one out and get their own ghosts, and then we'll have to make sure our ghosts are stronger than theirs...
Old 02-06-2003, 03:27 PM

Default Re: ghost switch (dwolsten)

Oh my GOD!!