Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Help I'm in Thailand trying to figure out Honda Factory Car Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help I'm in Thailand trying to figure out Honda Factory Car Alarm

Hey everyone I'm in Pattaya Thailand and just got a new 2005 Honda Civic RX. I had Honda install a factory car alarm and I've had a few problems with it. Right now the main problem is:

1.) The alarm auto locks, so when I stop for gas it auto arms the car.

I'd like to prevent this as when I get home and want to work on my car the car arms it self and I have to unarm, then it arms again.. etc.

Any help would be appreciated as Honda says there is no book, and the techs say there's no way to disable "auto arming"

Auto arm alarms are a pain in the ***. Thanks
Old 08-15-2005, 08:01 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Help I'm in Thailand trying to figure out Honda Factory Car Alarm (oakweb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oakweb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey everyone I'm in Pattaya Thailand and just got a new 2005 Honda Civic RX. I had Honda install a factory car alarm and I've had a few problems with it. Right now the main problem is:

1.) The alarm auto locks, so when I stop for gas it auto arms the car.

I'd like to prevent this as when I get home and want to work on my car the car arms it self and I have to unarm, then it arms again.. etc.

Any help would be appreciated as Honda says there is no book, and the techs say there's no way to disable "auto arming"

Auto arm alarms are a pain in the ***. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>Well I don't know how it all works in Thailand, but in Canada factory alarms come as an option in the car, and come with a manual, and do not have a passive arming feature, so called "factory" alarms that are installed by a dealer are never anything more then maybe a sold to dealers only version of some consumer alarm
What I would do is stick my head up under the dash and check and see if you can find the alarm brain and see what it says on it .
Again it may be diff. there, but here, an alarm that is active arming, may not have an auto arming mode, but any alarm that has an auto arming mode, will also have an active arming mode.