Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Crimestopper remote starter sets off the panic alarm on 2003 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crimestopper remote starter sets off the panic alarm on 2003 Accord

Just bought this car from a dealer (trade-in) and discovered it has a remote starter. The starter is made by Crimestoppers, and I'm pretty sure it's the RS-1304 based on the kind of remote i have, but it didn't come with any kind of manual or paperwork and I don't know where to find the receiver unit to check on that.

Anyway, it turns out that if i press any button on the starter's remote (it has lock/unlock/trunk/start buttons) without first unlocking the car w/ the honda remote, it sets off the panic alarm (first discovered this at 11:30PM in front a friend's house on a nice, quiet suburban street, and didn't know how to turn off the panic alarm at the time... lots of fun).

Has anybody encountered this problem w/ a remote start system? Is anyone familiar enough with this particular system to say how to go about fixing it? In the installation manual for this system (seen here), they say it can send signals disarm/rearm the alarm system, but clearly that wasn't set up correctly if at all.

I can of course just do what i've been doing and unlock w/ the honda remote first, but this remote starter system has an extended range antenna that would otherwise allow me to start it from further away (say, across the parking lot) than I can currently as I'm limited by the honda remote's range. Also, i'm i'll end up accidentally hitting one of the starter remote's 4 button by accident at SOME point and have to go back and turn off the panic crap.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:59 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Crimestopper remote starter sets off the panic alarm on 2003 Accord (kajeling)

The remote start has not been connected to car alarms disarm lead, [white wire @ module inside drives door] it needs to see a ground, you will use the (-) OEM Disarm Output pin 9 orange/black.

http://www.crimestopper.com/te...s.pdf

http://www.crimestopper.com/te...s.pdf 94
Old 01-28-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Crimestopper remote starter sets off the panic alarm on 2003 Accord (fcm)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't feel remotely (no pun intended) qualified to fix something of that magnitude and was hoping it was just gonna be some switch on the receiver unit or something. Speaking of which, is there a typical location where the receiver unit can be found? I looked under the hood and didn't see anything.

Also, any idea how much I might expect to be charged to fix this kind of thing? I'm willing to just live with it, but if it wasn't too expensive it would be kind of nice.

One last thing since you seem to have some specific knowledge of this unit... I noticed that when I use the starter and it autolocks the car, I can't use the honda remote to unlock it and have to use the crimestopper remote instead. I didn't see any mention of this in the manual... is this how it's supposed to work?

Thanks again for your response.

-K
Old 01-28-2007, 01:53 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: Crimestopper remote starter sets off the panic alarm on 2003 Accord (kajeling)

Most remote starts have a programmable, "lock when remote starting" so if car was left unlocked it would not be if it was started with the remote, that may have to be "unprogramed" as it may be rearming the alarm.
It is about 1 - 2 hours of labour, if wiring into the doors is involved, however if it is just a programing problem, you could do that yourself.

Option #8, default is on, turn it off.
Also check that option #2 is off, default is off.

Page 16-17 of install guide. 94
Old 01-28-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Crimestopper remote starter sets off the panic alarm on 2003 Accord (fcm)

Thanks again. You've been a lot of help.

I have one thing I'd like to clarify... when it talks about the disarm/rearm thing in the manual it's just in the context of starting the engine. is it going to send those signals for lock/unlock as well? cause it's setting off the panic button for those, too.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:18 PM
fcm
Old Fart

The remote start has the ability to arm and disarm the OEM alarm, lock and unlock the doors, it also has the ability to just disarm the OEM alarm when remote starting the car, along with RPM/ign. controlled door lock,[that is programed on] locking the doors with the remote start remote will arm the OEM alarm and if the alarm disarm is not connected the OEM alarm, [panic] will go off when car is remotely started, [ign. is turned on] it may also be rearmed if option #8 is programed on.
What may be happening is when you press remote start, a pulse disarms the OEM alarm, [pin 9 orange/black] then another pulse, [door lock output] locks the doors, rearming the OEM alarm, that then triggers when remote start supplies power to the ign. lead.
Or the orange/black disarm lead is not connected to the alarms white lead. 94
Old 01-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how are you locking the car when you get out? are you using the remote start remote, the oem remote or the key? fcm is 100% correct about how to fix your car. but according to my tech sheet the oem alarm doesnt arm off of the lock wire so it might do it from the doors key cylinder or the oem remote. if this is the case you should just be able to just lock the car with the remote start remote without arming the oem alarm, until you can get the oem alarm disarm wire connected. oh heres you tech info should you decide to try it yourself.
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - HONDA / ACCORD / 2003 / Remote Start

[PRINT THIS PAGE]

12volts white (50A) + ignition harness
Starter black/white + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory black/red + ignition harness
Second Accessory white/red + ignition harness
Keysense red/white or red/black - ign harn or MICU, green plug, pin 13
Notes: The MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) is part of the underdash fuse/relay box. The plug(s) for the MICU is on the left side edge of the fuse/relay box.
Power Lock pink/black - MICU, green plug, pin 25
Notes: The MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) is part of the underdash fuse/relay box. The plug(s) for the MICU is on the left side edge of the fuse/relay box.

Meter this wire while pressing the passenger door lock switch.
Power Unlock pink/blue - MICU, green plug, pin 9

Meter this wire while pressing the passenger door lock switch.
Lock Motor yellow/black 5wi frt of fuse box, lt. grn 12 pin plug
Unlock Motor yellow/green 5wi frt of fuse box, lt. grn 12 pin plug
Parking Lights+ red/black + top of fuse box, large white plug
Parking Lights- red/black - headlight switch in column cover
Hazards green/red + top of fuse box, large white plug
Turn Signal(L) red/blue + top of fuse box, large white plug
Turn Signal(R) brown + top of fuse box, large white plug
Reverse Light green + driver kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger see notes - back of fuse box
Notes: The LF door is green in a lt. green 16 pin plug, pin 15. The RF door is lt. green/red in a lt. green 14 pin plug, pin 12. The LR door is green/yellow in a lt. green 16 pin plug, pin 14. The RR door is green/white in a lt. green 14 pin plug, pin 13. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision green/red - back of fuse box, lt. grn 5 pin plug
Trunk/Hatch Pin blue/black - MICU, green plug, pin 24
Hood Pin yellow/red to green/black - hood pin switch in latch
Trunk/Hatch Release yellow/green + driver kick, harness to rear
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm blue/white to white/red - driver door module in door
Factory Alarm Disarm black/red to white - driver door module in door
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm
Tachometer blue/red or blue ac ECM/PCM
Notes: The ECM/PCM is on the front of the transmission tunnel. The connectors are on the passenger side. On the 4 cylinder models the tach wire is in the white 31 pin connector E, pin 25. On the 6 cylinder models it is in the gray connector A, pin 23.

Can also go to any ignition coil and use the wire that is NOT black/white or black.

Can also go to any fuel injector and use the wire that is NOT yellow/black.
Wait to start N/A
Brake Wire white/black + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake green/orange - top of fuse box, large white plug
Horn Trigger green/yellow - horn switch
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Transponder
Part #: 1100F
Alternate Part1 #: 1100X
Alternate Part2 #: 556HW
Alternate Part3 #: 556UW
Alternate Part4 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part5 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: Standard on all models. When using the 1100F or 1100X, a software change to 1100HA is needed. When using the 556HW, follow the mode 1 wiring diagram. The reference wire is brown/yellow, data wire is red/blue and ignition wire is black/yellow.
Interface Module: Category:
Door Lock Interface Required:
No Type:
Data Bus
Part #: IM-Honda-3
Notes:
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Not Available

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed Electronics assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.