Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

door speakers

Old 08-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door speakers

i put some door speakers in today and they sound good but no bass are coming from them could this b the radio cause it is a loner till i get a sony or pioneer

the speakers are pioneer ts-g1642r 6 1/2

or does anybody have recomendations on other speakers im keeping my choices open
Old 08-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: door speakers

yea your not going to get bass with those speakers. Personally i would want a sub doing all the bass knocking and have my speakers do everything else. I have Infinity Kappas all around, very little bass since i took out my subs. Its not your radio, U might want to get better speakers, usually 6x9s will give you a bit more bass that 6 1/2s
Old 08-16-2009, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your only going some mid-bass. since their are not even component speakers, i wouldnt expect to get much at all out of them. you would need a sub for true bass.
also try playing with the settings on the headunit and see if you can get the sound more to your liking. just make sure you dont blow the speakers.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:09 AM

The range on human hearing is 20hz-20,000hz..

That's the range you should be trying to replicate with your sound system.

You shouldn't expect bass from your door speakers, that's not their intention or purpose. Mid bass, yes maybe, but mostly vocals. For true Bass you need to get woofers or sub-woofers. To keep your gains off the amp low and thus the stress low, wire everything in parallel to drive the resistance down. If you can get EVERYTHING working with like..2ohms resistance, using an amp for the subs and an amp for your vocals..even if ur using a low 500watt push off the amp that **** will KNOCK HARD.

Also, when purchasing your amps, don't worry about the Wattage, look at the RMS, it's the more important number out of the two, and link up your Woofers, Subs and Door speakers as needed based off that number. Be sure to get a BOX that's custom built for your speaker as well..as it will produce the BEST overall sound.

If you need any parts or need a box made I can price you something based on what you want + Shipping no problem, I put together on average about 11 systems a week and i've YET to receieve a complaint on my theories once they are put into play..this is what I have in mine..

2 x 2000watt Amps @ 1400rms
4 8" EV-Drivers
2 12" Alpine Type R's, custom built Ported Enclosure
4 4inch Audibahn Interior Speakers w/ built in Tweeder's

KNOCKAGE.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i mean im triing to replicate the oem car speakers no sub woofer because the factory speakers had good bass characteristics till they went bad so what i wanna know is which speakers are better or close to oem
Old 08-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just put some jenson 6 1/2 in an accord and they were cheaper and sound better than oem plus better bass

could it b that 2 way speakers aren't that good or just the brand and i know i could just get subs
Old 08-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if your not getting any bass make sure they are not out of phase with each other
Old 08-17-2009, 02:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by madblkscientist
Ok i mean im triing to replicate the oem car speakers no sub woofer because the factory speakers had good bass characteristics till they went bad so what i wanna know is which speakers are better or close to oem.
Chances are your radio doesn't have enough grunt to drive the new speakers properly.

You could try sealing/deadening the doors.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:26 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jason0123
if your not getting any bass make sure they are not out of phase with each other
Ditto the above^^^
Make sure speakers are in phase, check phasing by balancing all the way left and right, if bass is better when all the way left or right the when in the middle, the speakers are out of phase, switch the wires on one of the speakers, [it makes no diff. which speaker you switch the wires on.]

BTW, yes you can get "bass" without a sub or off-board amp, anybody who says you can't is wrong and does not know what they are talking about. 94
Old 08-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok imma check that
Old 08-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i notice that too...oem speakers have more punch...aftermarket speakers you probably need an amp to get speakers singing. or you can adjust hu eq settings..
Old 08-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I get a good amount of bass out of my oem radio in my 98 civic and I just have a set of Focal Access components and some Alpine 6x9's. Sounds good all things concidering.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TypeRMonster
The range on human hearing is 20hz-20,000hz..

That's the range you should be trying to replicate with your sound system.

You shouldn't expect bass from your door speakers, that's not their intention or purpose. Mid bass, yes maybe, but mostly vocals. For true Bass you need to get woofers or sub-woofers. To keep your gains off the amp low and thus the stress low, wire everything in parallel to drive the resistance down. If you can get EVERYTHING working with like..2ohms resistance, using an amp for the subs and an amp for your vocals..even if ur using a low 500watt push off the amp that **** will KNOCK HARD.

Also, when purchasing your amps, don't worry about the Wattage, look at the RMS, it's the more important number out of the two, and link up your Woofers, Subs and Door speakers as needed based off that number. Be sure to get a BOX that's custom built for your speaker as well..as it will produce the BEST overall sound.

If you need any parts or need a box made I can price you something based on what you want + Shipping no problem, I put together on average about 11 systems a week and i've YET to receieve a complaint on my theories once they are put into play..this is what I have in mine..

2 x 2000watt Amps @ 1400rms
4 8" EV-Drivers
2 12" Alpine Type R's, custom built Ported Enclosure
4 4inch Audibahn Interior Speakers w/ built in Tweeder's

KNOCKAGE.
How about you get your head out of your *** and actually help the OP?

Like others have said, it's possible the speakers he put in are out of phase.

To say that you shouldn't expect bass from your door speakers is foolish.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i want the bass it came with from factory just better quality sounding speakers i mean some ppl just wanna replace their original equipment thats why i asked which speakers will give me back my oem sound or better what type of speakers

a tow truck guy told me to put component speakers in because the 2 ways aren't design to replicate the bass/mid bass oem demands
Old 08-20-2009, 06:18 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you check to see if the speakers are in phase?

There are a number of factors that determine SQ from aftermarket equipment, phasing is just one of them, speaker selection and instalation is very important.

A stock speaker sound "good" because it "fits", it is a low watt speaker, 15-25 watts continous and takes very little power to drive.

Installing aftermarket speakers with a stock HU will always result in poor SQ and lower output, mostly noticeable in bass responce.94
Old 08-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why is that? why is it u need more power to push a aftermarket speaker to get the same results
Old 08-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it was raining so no didn't check the phasing

and i recently put some jenson speakers in my moms accord and man they sound good bass highs and all
Old 08-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by madblkscientist
why is that? why is it u need more power to push a aftermarket speaker to get the same results
Because they are designed with the additional power in mind.

OEM speakers are cheap, low power, speakers. They have weak magnets, lightweight paper cones, and foam surrounds. They work fine with the OEM headunit.

Now, you go and add nice speakers, with a heavy rubber surround, a stronger magnet, and stiff cones. They're designed to sound significantly better, but they need more power to do so.

The Pioneer ts-g1642r is rated for 2-30 W RMS. What's typical for an OEM headunit? 2.5W RMS? Get some power to them, and they'll wake up.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok imma try but gotta change head unit it sucks bad its a loner 2
Old 08-25-2009, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
BTW, yes you can get "bass" without a sub or off-board amp, anybody who says you can't is wrong and does not know what they are talking about. 94
^^^Exactly!!!!

These people are funny! I turn my back for three days and some crack pot shoots off his mouth with mis-information! thx fcm!

Now, what I was going to say is that in my 06 CR-V before I replaced the HU, I was getting perfect bass from my door speakers. Since you say you did basically the same thing in your mum's car and it knocks nicely (boom, boom), I seriously would suggest checking to see if the speakers are out of phase. You may not notice the sound difference with the mids and highs b/c they don't need to resonate to really hear them. But the lows need to resonate to really sound good. One speaker out of phase can ruin the resonating properties of you car and your bass will sound like somebody **** in a tin can.

Oh and my hearing range is 15hz to about 18,000hz measured with pure sign waves
Old 08-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol i get what ur sayin i was just waiting till i get the new HU b4 i go tearing the system apart again then ill check the phasing and i might even put a lil amp to drive them