Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

To the Compustar owners that did not use their RPS (KNOCK HERE) sticker thing...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To the Compustar owners that did not use their RPS (KNOCK HERE) sticker thing...

I know a few of you didn't even hook up the remote paging system to your compustar alarm. On mine the installed put the sticker on the side of my windshield but kinda in the middle. I want to move it down to the lower corner so it doesn't stand out as much. I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to give me your (KNOCK HERE) sticker if i were to send you a self addressed stamped envelope?
Old 05-08-2003, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To the Compustar owners that did not use their RPS (KNOCK HERE) sticker thing... (ALL MOTOR LS)

I know someone's got one. Or could i just get a piece of black vinyl cut to the same size and use that? that way it doesn't stand out as much. Or is there something about the one it comes w/so you have to use that one?
Old 05-08-2003, 05:24 PM

Default Re: To the Compustar owners that did not use their RPS (KNOCK HERE) sticker thing... (ALL MOTOR LS)

I'm away from home. I can check when I return this weekend to see if I have it.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To the Compustar owners that did not use their RPS (danelot)

Helpful tip: Don't use the sticker that says "Knock Here". If you live around a neighborhood with kids or alot of pedestrian traffic, they'll see the sticker and knock on it each time they pass by. It's freaking annoying to come out each time they do that!@

I just placed my sensor on there w/o the sticker and you'll only see a red dot blinking. I'll only tell my friends where to knock if they need to reach me...otherwise, anyone else would probably see it as an "armed" indicator and won't touch it.

BTW, where did you guys mount your antenna? My installer put it right on top of my windshield, so I can flip my visor to hide it when I'm out of the car. I still have to move the horn though....he put it right on the firewall where it's easily accessible if they look under the hood. Anyone put it under the battery tray?
Old 05-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To the Compustar owners that did not use their RPS (98CTRCoupe)

why? would'nt it be too low ? Shaving cream and a little bit of car raising and its done

the hood pin should be able to set off the alarm right when any portion of the hood is opened. If your alarm has triggered off the hoodpin, you better have a backup siren or two inside the car, because at that point cutting the battery cable, ripping the siren etc is all about to happen within 5 mins. At $14 CA for a backup battery siren, you can't afford NOT to get one ! :D

-rage
Old 05-09-2003, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To the Compustar owners that did not use their RPS (o_Rage_o)

good idea on the knock here thing though! as simple as it is, I don't think I would've thought of it!

Is it just a little microphone? Anyone know where I can order one? (i have page out ability on my alarm, just need to get the microphone to send a trigger)

-Rage
Old 05-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To the Compustar owners that did not use their RPS (o_Rage_o)

how much did u guys pay for your compustar?
Old 05-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To the Compustar owners that did not use their RPS (lucas569)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lucas569 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much did u guys pay for your compustar? </TD></TR></TABLE>

$490 installed. Basic 2WSS system with the remote start feature (but that wasn't installed yet)

But stupid **** happened today...I DROPPED my remote and the freaking LCD front panel is busted, a huge crack! The system still works when armed...but I can't see anything on the front panel now. Sucks....anyone know how much a replacement remote costs?
Old 05-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ohhhhhhhhhh man your going to be pissed! i was just talking to my local shop here the other day and they were telling me they were going to be dropping the compustar line cause the remotes were like $100-150.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98CTRCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Helpful tip: Don't use the sticker that says "Knock Here". If you live around a neighborhood with kids or alot of pedestrian traffic, they'll see the sticker and knock on it each time they pass by. It's freaking annoying to come out each time they do that!@

I just placed my sensor on there w/o the sticker and you'll only see a red dot blinking. I'll only tell my friends where to knock if they need to reach me...otherwise, anyone else would probably see it as an "armed" indicator and won't touch it.

BTW, where did you guys mount your antenna? My installer put it right on top of my windshield, so I can flip my visor to hide it when I'm out of the car. I still have to move the horn though....he put it right on the firewall where it's easily accessible if they look under the hood. Anyone put it under the battery tray? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was also just thinkin of getting a piece of black vinyl cut to the same size as the original sticker so it doesn't look so ghetto w/just the black sensor and some double sided tape strip stuck to the window. And if i used the original sticker, i was gonna black out the part that says "KNOCK HERE" w/a marker or something cuz that stands out like a muv.

my installer put my antenna horizontally on the top of the windshield (inside of course) but right in the middle behind the rear view mirror. I've got a vinyl strip across the top of my windshield the same color as my car that hides the antenna so no one sees it.