Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Compustar alarm owners take a look. what is wrong with my alarm!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compustar alarm owners take a look. what is wrong with my alarm!!!

i had compustar 2WSSR alarm for over 2years. and problem is my blinkers are not working. when i open door, close it blink. also it blink when alarm goes off. BUT when on light impact (chips 4time, you know what iam saying) it doesnt blink, just make sound. it use to blink 4 times.

does anyone have any idea what went wrong??
Old 06-03-2005, 08:15 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Compustar alarm owners take a look. what is wrong with my alarm!!! (Chris DC2)

I am not sure if I understand, by blinkers do you mean the park lights, and do they work normally when you turn on the lights, or by blinkers do you mean the signal lights, and do they work normally when you turn on the turn signals, let me know.
You also say when you open and close the door it blinks, do you mean when you actualy open and close the door, or do you mean when you arm and disarm the alarm, locking and unlocking the door, let me know.

If everything is working properly, like it used to, except that you don't get light flash, [blinking] when the first stage impact is tripped, [soft impact]. then there is a problem in the alarm itself, take it back to where you had it installed, or any authorized Compustar dealer hand get ti fixed, Compustar has a life time warranty. 94
Old 06-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Compustar alarm owners take a look. what is wrong with my alarm!!! (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> when the first stage impact is tripped, [soft impact]. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya thats it. blinkers(parking light) only not working on that. but other than that blinkers are work fine. i got mine from ebay so i dont know about warranty
Old 06-04-2005, 06:02 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Compustar alarm owners take a look. what is wrong with my alarm!!! (Chris DC2)

No you don't have Compustar warranty, they do not have any "on line" authorized dealers.
You can take it to your local Compustar dealer and have them send it in, but it will probably cost you about what you paid for it, by the time you get it back.
Or you can just live with it.
But try this one thing, reboot the Compustar brain, disconnect the batt., wait 5 min., reconnect, then try the alarm. Or live with it. 94