Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Compustar 2WSSR-AS Remote start (Ignition on, never cranks) and power lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compustar 2WSSR-AS Remote start (Ignition on, never cranks) and power lock issue

First off I didn't do the install and the shop that orginally did it is no longer in buisness. I have a friend that has done DEI installs for years and he is going to help me on this one.

Everything worked fine for a year or so but after the car sat with a dead battery for a good while (turbo car...) I noticed some problems after getting everything up and running.

When I put the car in reservation mode it works fine. I go to remote start it and the ignition lights come on but the car never cranks. It will sit there forever until I hit button II for 2sec and it stops the autostart process.

Just looking for some place to start in troubleshooting this.

Secondly, my door locks seem to lock themselves randomly when I exit the vehicle or after I start it and let it warm up. I read another thread that had similar issues and he disabled the compustar system only to find it still did it. Meaning it was a factory door lock issue and not a compustar. I may try that to see if the problem still exists.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compustar 2WSSR-AS Remote start (Ignition on, never cranks) and power lock issue (sp00led)

I know we have some compustar installers out there
Old 01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Compustar 2WSSR-AS Remote start (sp00led)

The first thing I would do is reboot the Compustar brain, disconnect the the batt. neg.(-) lead, wait 15min. and reconnect, check the in-line fuses in the CN1 harness, reprogram the tach.

What is the model number of the brain? 94

http://www.staub.ca/pdf/manual...l.pdf
Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 PM
New User

Default Re: Compustar 2WSSR-AS Remote start (Ignition on, never cranks) and power lock issue

ha my alarm is doing the same thing and now its ****ing up on me sometimes i cant unlocked the door or unArmed the alarm..
Old 02-15-2010, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Compustar 2WSSR-AS Remote start (Ignition on, never cranks) and power lock issue

fcm mentioned about reprogramming tach, that wouldve been my first thought. also, what kind of car is this in? does your vehicle have a factory immolizer? Maybe the bypass module just has to be reprogrammed.

the doorlocks might auto lock if set for passive arming. take fcm's advice and disconnect the unit to reset. then go through and recheck all programming options
Old 02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have or have access to a multi meter I would sit in the car with the brain down, put the car into reservation mode, and test the starter wire off the brain making sure it's actually putting out voltage. As stated before, try reprogramming Tach. The ignition will usually just stay on because the remote start thinks the car is running.

When set reservation mode and close the doors, the car shuts down and doors lock. So thats normal unless you shut it off in the programming. The doors lock after you start it because of the programming aswell. I believe its "Lock with ignition" in the programming. if you can get your hands on an OP500 Compustar Programmer you'll have all the settings done within 2 minutes.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
New User

Originally Posted by sp00led
First off I didn't do the install and the shop that orginally did it is no longer in buisness. I have a friend that has done DEI installs for years and he is going to help me on this one.

Everything worked fine for a year or so but after the car sat with a dead battery for a good while (turbo car...) I noticed some problems after getting everything up and running.

When I put the car in reservation mode it works fine. I go to remote start it and the ignition lights come on but the car never cranks. It will sit there forever until I hit button II for 2sec and it stops the autostart process.

Just looking for some place to start in troubleshooting this.

Secondly, my door locks seem to lock themselves randomly when I exit the vehicle or after I start it and let it warm up. I read another thread that had similar issues and he disabled the compustar system only to find it still did it. Meaning it was a factory door lock issue and not a compustar. I may try that to see if the problem still exists.

Thanks for any advice!
Did you get this fixed?

I have the exact same problems. It started after the a dead battery as well, dead just for a couple of days. But my siren is not going off as well, and my car in an automatic. I have the 2W900FMR unit.

I just moved to Northwestern ontario so I was thinking that the cold weather and the dead battery did it.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:04 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

2W900FMR is the model number of the remote control, is it a remote start or remote start/alarm combo unit?

When you try and remote start, [and it does not start] the park lights will flash 3 times and then 1-8 times to indicate why it did not start, "remote start error diagnostic".

Or does the remote control not do anything at all, [remote control needs to be reprogrammed]...
STEP 1: Activate Valet/Programming mode by manually turning the ignition key on and off (between the Acc & On positions) five times within 7
seconds. The vehicle s parking lights will flash once with the successful completion of this step.
STEP 2: Within a 5 to 2 second period after cycling the ignition for the 5th time, press button (I) on two-way remotes or the (lock) button on one-way
remotes for 0.5 seconds. The parking lights will flash once to confirm the transmitter has been coded. 94
Old 11-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Solution for this was the following:

Press button 1 and 2 at the same time for 2 seconds.
Press button 3 three times (it needs 3 beeps, after that it will give you a confirm two quick beeps.)

It's one of the settings related to Diesel from what I read in another thread. After toggling this it started right up after I put it in reservation mode.

It loses this setting when the battery is dead for extended periods of time.